Posted to rec.woodworking

Default eWoodShop - Mission Bar Stool - Seat Frames

On 10/27/2012 2:34 PM, Swingman wrote:

What the hell, you only live once ...

Ready for webbing and upholstery:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...06345602938562

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/16/2013 11:58 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 10/27/2012 2:34 PM, Swingman wrote:

What the hell, you only live once ...

Ready for webbing and upholstery:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...06345602938562

Well that looks cool! Find your guy yet?
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , Swingman
wrote:

On 10/27/2012 2:34 PM, Swingman wrote:

What the hell, you only live once ...

Ready for webbing and upholstery:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...ionBarStool#58
34106345602938562

As always, superb work.

--
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to
read. - Groucho Marx
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/16/2013 12:32 PM, Leon wrote:
On 1/16/2013 11:58 AM, Swingman wrote:
Ready for webbing and upholstery:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...06345602938562

Well that looks cool! Find your guy yet?

Yeah, just walked back in from delivering the seat frames to him. He's
older than I remember. LOL

Nice working in the shop this morning at this temperature (48-50F).
Started from scratch, and finished, those seat web frames before lunch
and never broke a sweat.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://plus.google.com/114902129577517371552/posts
http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 16 Jan 2013 11:58:07 -0600, Swingman wrote:

On 10/27/2012 2:34 PM, Swingman wrote:

What the hell, you only live once ...

Ready for webbing and upholstery:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...06345602938562

I like that you routed the top, that has to make for a better
upholstery job.

Mike M

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 16, 1:03*pm, Dave Balderstone
As always, superb work.

Take my word for it; the pictures don't do them justice. They even
have a hidden "keyed in" feature that you won't find on most of this
type of furniture.

Seriously, Karl's work is superb. Those frames look like they were
built in a machine shop then finished to look like wood.

Between him and Leon they could give a fella a complex!

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

" wrote:
On Jan 16, 1:03 pm, Dave Balderstone
As always, superb work.

Take my word for it; the pictures don't do them justice. They even
have a hidden "keyed in" feature that you won't find on most of this
type of furniture.

Seriously, Karl's work is superb. Those frames look like they were
built in a machine shop then finished to look like wood.

Between him and Leon they could give a fella a complex!

Robert

Hey... Good to see you!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/18/2013 10:42 PM, Leon wrote:

Robert

Hey... Good to see you!

NO kidding ...

Wabbut, he too es spensive!

LOL

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://plus.google.com/114902129577517371552/posts
http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default eWoodShop - Mission Bar Stool - Upholstery done

Upholstered web frames attached.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...18721007604562

Ummm ... what is this??

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...20276036909474

In designated location ... only took ten years.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...18095818981458

The general idea behind the madness ...

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...19778850645682

Onward through the fog ...

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://plus.google.com/114902129577517371552/posts
http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:
Upholstered web frames attached.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...18721007604562

Ummm ... what is this??

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...20276036909474

In designated location ... only took ten years.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...18095818981458

The general idea behind the madness ...

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...19778850645682

Onward through the fog ...

They look great, The stain turned out nicely. 96 to go! :-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/23/2013 1:42 PM, Leon wrote:
Swingman wrote:
Upholstered web frames attached.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...18721007604562

Ummm ... what is this??

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...20276036909474

In designated location ... only took ten years.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...18095818981458

The general idea behind the madness ...

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...19778850645682

Onward through the fog ...

They look great, The stain turned out nicely. 96 to go! :-)

CREDITS: Compliments of the "recreational woodworking" group, of the
"commercial kitchen cabinet builders" group.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://plus.google.com/114902129577517371552/posts
http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Swingman wrote in
news
Upholstered web frames attached.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...hopMissionBarS
tool#5836718721007604562

Ummm ... what is this??

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...hopMissionBarS
tool#5836720276036909474

In designated location ... only took ten years.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...hopMissionBarS
tool#5836718095818981458

The general idea behind the madness ...

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...hopMissionBarS
tool#5836719778850645682

Onward through the fog ...

They look great especially in that wonderful surrounding!

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/23/2013 2:06 PM, Swingman wrote:
Upholstered web frames attached.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...18721007604562

Ummm ... what is this??

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...20276036909474

In designated location ... only took ten years.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...18095818981458

The general idea behind the madness ...

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...19778850645682

Onward through the fog ...

If I ever made something as beautiful as those chairs it would be a
sorry man who dared to rest his fat ass on it.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/23/2013 2:10 PM, Greg Guarino wrote:

If I ever made something as beautiful as those chairs it would be a
sorry man who dared to rest his fat ass on it.

Thanks ... don't mind them sitting so much, as how long they sit for.

Don't want them to be too comfortable.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://plus.google.com/114902129577517371552/posts
http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/23/2013 3:19 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 1/23/2013 2:10 PM, Greg Guarino wrote:

If I ever made something as beautiful as those chairs it would be a
sorry man who dared to rest his fat ass on it.

Thanks ... don't mind them sitting so much, as how long they sit for.

Don't want them to be too comfortable.

Then you have made the decor entirely too inviting. When can I drop by?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/23/2013 2:56 PM, Greg Guarino wrote:
On 1/23/2013 3:19 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 1/23/2013 2:10 PM, Greg Guarino wrote:

If I ever made something as beautiful as those chairs it would be a
sorry man who dared to rest his fat ass on it.

Thanks ... don't mind them sitting so much, as how long they sit for.

Don't want them to be too comfortable.

Then you have made the decor entirely too inviting. When can I drop by?

Anytime you're in the city or general vicinity, the phone is easy to
find ... also being musicians, who at one time traveled over the country
gigging, we are still a well known way station for the underground couch
circuit, sometimes putting up entire road bands.

BTW, if you answer the phone while you're hear, and it's Yoko, I don't
want to talk. LOL

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://plus.google.com/114902129577517371552/posts
http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:
Upholstered web frames attached.

They look quite perfect. Congratulations!

Bill

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/23/2013 3:10 PM, Bill wrote:
Swingman wrote:
Upholstered web frames attached.

They look quite perfect. Congratulations!

Thanks, Bill ... there are indeed 48 screws, which even "recreational
woodworking group member" chair makers of yore used for their corner
bracing ... but indeed, no face frames joined by pocket holes, cabinet
parts, or gasp drawer slides from the "commercial kitchen cabinet
builders" group!

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-l...A44%2520PM.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-c...A25%2520PM.jpg

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://plus.google.com/114902129577517371552/posts
http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/23/13 1:06 PM, Swingman wrote:
Upholstered web frames attached.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...18721007604562

Ummm ... what is this??

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...20276036909474

In designated location ... only took ten years.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...18095818981458

The general idea behind the madness ...

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...19778850645682

Onward through the fog ...

I ran out of superlatives, long ago, to describe you work. sheesh. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 13:06:05 -0600, Swingman wrote:

Upholstered web frames attached.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...18721007604562

Ummm ... what is this??

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...20276036909474

In designated location ... only took ten years.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...18095818981458

The general idea behind the madness ...

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...19778850645682

Onward through the fog ...

Good color match on the upholstery. They really came out nice. Thanks
for all the pictures you post, it inspires me to head to the shop.

Mike M

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/23/2013 5:42 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 1/23/13 1:06 PM, Swingman wrote:

Onward through the fog ...

I ran out of superlatives, long ago, to describe you work. sheesh. :-)

Thanks, Mike ... you're right up there in the woodworking department,
for a drummer.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://plus.google.com/114902129577517371552/posts
http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/23/2013 6:06 PM, Mike M wrote:
On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 13:06:05 -0600, Swingman wrote:

Upholstered web frames attached.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...18721007604562

Ummm ... what is this??

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...20276036909474

In designated location ... only took ten years.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...18095818981458

The general idea behind the madness ...

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...19778850645682

Onward through the fog ...

Good color match on the upholstery. They really came out nice. Thanks
for all the pictures you post, it inspires me to head to the shop.

Thanks, Mike ... me being color challenged to the max, Linda picked out
the upholstery. I brought her along thinking she needed to approve the
color like she does my ties and socks, and, as luck would have it, and
ever the nosy female, she went through the upholstery shop's scrap bin
and found just enough to do the job in her color of choice.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://plus.google.com/114902129577517371552/posts
http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/23/2013 2:06 PM, Swingman wrote:
Upholstered web frames attached.

Damn Nice

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...18721007604562

Ummm ... what is this??

A place to lift my leg and act like a male dog????

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...20276036909474

In designated location ... only took ten years.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...18095818981458

The general idea behind the madness ...

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...19778850645682

Onward through the fog ...

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/23/2013 6:42 PM, woodchucker wrote:

Ummm ... what is this??

A place to lift my leg and act like a male dog????

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...20276036909474

It would have be an act ... she often lifts both hind legs at the same
time and stands on her front legs to pee. Must have some skunk in there
somewhere.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://plus.google.com/114902129577517371552/posts
http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote

Thanks, Mike ... me being color challenged to the max, Linda picked out
the upholstery. I brought her along thinking she needed to approve the
color like she does my ties and socks, and, as luck would have it, and
ever the nosy female, she went through the upholstery shop's scrap bin and
found just enough to do the job in her color of choice.

Well, I certainly hoped you got a discount for pulling the needed materials
out of their scrap bin.

I am not color blind, but I might as well be in my house. NOBODY wins a
color argument with my honey. A total no win situation. She's a quilter
and know a couple hundred colors by name!

Good looking bar stools. They look good and I am absolutely certain that
they match something else in the room/house.

Got a question for you. I noticed that you had 10 curved pieces in various
pictures. The final result seems to be 4 bar stools (using 8 of those
curved pieces). That would mean one of two things. a) You have a fifth
bar stool someplace hiding. (a backup, maybe?) Or b), you used a belt and
suspenders approach and cut a couple extra pieces just in case Murphy paid
you a visit. Am I close or is there a mysterious third reason?

As far as the comfort factor goes, they are bar stools. If you sit long
enough in them to get uncomfortable, pour yourself another drink! Comfort
will be restored.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/23/2013 7:52 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 1/23/2013 6:42 PM, woodchucker wrote:

Ummm ... what is this??

A place to lift my leg and act like a male dog????

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...20276036909474

It would have be an act ... she often lifts both hind legs at the same
time and stands on her front legs to pee. Must have some skunk in there
somewhere.

Ok, now that's a wierd one, doesn't she wet herself that way.

My male dog will squat like a female when there's no tree or other item
to mark, and that will sometimes get his paw wet...

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

woodchucker wrote:
On 1/23/2013 7:52 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 1/23/2013 6:42 PM, woodchucker wrote:

Ummm ... what is this??
A place to lift my leg and act like a male dog????

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...20276036909474

It would have be an act ... she often lifts both hind legs at the same
time and stands on her front legs to pee. Must have some skunk in there
somewhere.

Ok, now that's a wierd one, doesn't she wet herself that way.

It's not like she's doing a handstand, both hind feet simply levitate about
3 or 4" off the ground at the same time, and she pee's ... like it's no big
deal. You got me ...

My male dog will squat like a female when there's no tree or other item
to mark, and that will sometimes get his paw wet...

I'll try to snap a photo. It's pretty hilarious to see. Her back feet also
sometimes come off the floor when she's eating.

--
www.ewoodshop.com (Mobile)
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lee Michaels" leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net wrote:

Well, I certainly hoped you got a discount for pulling the needed
materials out of their scrap bin.

Of course she did ... that what they live for, right.

I am not color blind, but I might as well be in my house. NOBODY wins a
color argument with my honey. A total no win situation. She's a quilter
and know a couple hundred colors by name!

Good looking bar stools. They look good and I am absolutely certain that
they match something else in the room/house.

Thanks. Yes they do ... Although what, I'm not sure.

Got a question for you. I noticed that you had 10 curved pieces in
various pictures. The final result seems to be 4 bar stools (using 8 of
those curved pieces). That would mean one of two things. a) You have a
fifth bar stool someplace hiding. (a backup, maybe?) Or b), you used a
belt and suspenders approach and cut a couple extra pieces just in case
Murphy paid you a visit. Am I close or is there a mysterious third reason?

When doing anything that requires a fussy, time consuming setup that may be
difficult to duplicate, like identically curved and mortised components of
a chair, I try to make at least two extra of each part. Having them on hand
is the only way to insure you won't need them.

I dinged one back leg in the routing, and used one of the front legs for a
project mortise "setup block", so am two legs short of having enough parts
for another stool, But, I also have extra leg blank stock ... who knows
when the muse strikes and I may need a stool for the shop.

--
www.ewoodshop.com (Mobile)
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message
woodchucker wrote:
On 1/23/2013 7:52 PM, Swingman wrote:

It would have be an act ... she often lifts both hind legs at the same
time and stands on her front legs to pee. Must have some skunk in there
somewhere.

Ok, now that's a wierd one, doesn't she wet herself that way.

It's not like she's doing a handstand, both hind feet simply levitate
about
3 or 4" off the ground at the same time, and she pee's ... like it's no
big
deal. You got me ...

My male dog will squat like a female when there's no tree or other item
to mark, and that will sometimes get his paw wet...

I'll try to snap a photo. It's pretty hilarious to see. Her back feet also
sometimes come off the floor when she's eating.

I have never seen anything like that or heard of it. Maybe she has some
circus dog in her. I bet it causes people to do a double take when they see
that sort of thing.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT eWoodShop - Mission Bar Stool - Upholstery done

On 1/24/2013 12:36 AM, Lee Michaels wrote:
have never seen anything like that or heard of it. Maybe she has some
circus dog in her. I bet it causes people to do a double take when they
see that sort of thing.

Apparently it is not all that unusual:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T06DEET-5Do

Pandi is not near the exhibitionist this pup is, she's downright dainty
about it; and she doesn't move, just stands in one spot. Class act.

(must be related to that gal in school, pretty good looking country
girl, but not a class act, who would bet you she could pee higher on a
tree than you could if you didn't use your hands ... she could!)

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://plus.google.com/114902129577517371552/posts
http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/23/2013 4:01 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 1/23/2013 2:56 PM, Greg Guarino wrote:
On 1/23/2013 3:19 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 1/23/2013 2:10 PM, Greg Guarino wrote:

If I ever made something as beautiful as those chairs it would be a
sorry man who dared to rest his fat ass on it.

Thanks ... don't mind them sitting so much, as how long they sit for.

Don't want them to be too comfortable.

Then you have made the decor entirely too inviting. When can I drop by?

Anytime you're in the city or general vicinity, the phone is easy to
find ... also being musicians, who at one time traveled over the country
gigging, we are still a well known way station for the underground couch
circuit, sometimes putting up entire road bands.

Houston's a little out of my usual orbit. I listened to a couple of the
music samples by the way. Sounds good. Have you ever thought to combine
your interests and build yourself a bass?

I found a couple of intersection points between your repertoire and my
informal "life list" by the way. Some years (decades?) back I played a
dozen or so gigs a year with a group that did "Sugar Moon" and "Miles
and Miles of Texas". They did a pretty eclectic mix of styles and didn't
exactly have the proper lineup for Western Swing, but it was fun
nonetheless. A piano player can afford to be pretty active in that sort
of material, especially when there's no fiddle player to step on his uh,
fingers.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/24/2013 8:49 AM, Greg Guarino wrote:
[...]

When my main axe remains, to this day, a '61 Fender Jazz ... why would I
want to do that?

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-r...erweek+024.JPG

Kidding aside, nothing about building a musical instrument of any kind
has ever appealed to me. Although I am totally impressed with violin
makers and mandolin luthiers, if nothing else but for the _size_ of
their projects ... which becomes more appealing which each passing day.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://plus.google.com/114902129577517371552/posts
http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/24/13 9:36 AM, Swingman wrote:
When my main axe remains, to this day, a '61 Fender Jazz ... why would I
want to do that?

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-r...erweek+024.JPG

Hey, you know you guys are all wearing the same shirt, right? :-p

Kidding aside, nothing about building a musical instrument of any kind
has ever appealed to me. Although I am totally impressed with violin
makers and mandolin luthiers, if nothing else but for the _size_ of
their projects ... which becomes more appealing which each passing day.

Turner and I have had a go at building drums, including the shells. His
are particularly exquisite. It's really a labor of love, because after
all the time and effort involved, you would have to charge about $1k to
make any profit and very few people are interested in a snare drum that
costs that much.... unless it's from the 20's and all you can to is look
at it. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/24/2013 10:01 AM, -MIKE- wrote:

Hey, you know you guys are all wearing the same shirt, right? :-P

On the festival circuit, here and in Europe, a certain uniformity
commands bigger bucks. That being the case, individuality can be more
profitably expressed in boots and belt buckles.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://plus.google.com/114902129577517371552/posts
http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/24/2013 10:01 AM, -MIKE- wrote:

Turner and I have had a go at building drums, including the shells. His
are particularly exquisite. It's really a labor of love, because after
all the time and effort involved, you would have to charge about $1k to
make any profit and very few people are interested in a snare drum that
costs that much.... unless it's from the 20's and all you can to is look
at it. :-)

I've seen that ... some beautiful work!

It's can also be all about the sound ... I know some guys who will spend
what it takes to get that "holy grail of sound" snare for their
particular music, especially if it records well.

I had an old, originally cheap, "Ringo Star" kit as the house kit the
first studio I built, and later down through the years either had to
turn down offers daily, or keep an eye out that it didn't grow legs.
Both the snare and the kick (with rock dot), recorded at 30ips on 2"
tape, would punch a hole in your chest on playback .... never could
duplicate that sound with any other kit, despite years of trying.

Then, along came digital, and ProTools ...

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://plus.google.com/114902129577517371552/posts
http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/24/2013 10:36 AM, Swingman wrote:
[...]

Everyone is different I guess. Our bass player is more promiscuous; his
arsenal hovers at around 25 instruments. And unlike many "collectors",
he plays them all. He used to routinely bring two to each gig, switching
off between sets. He usually only carries one these days though. Age, I
suppose. He's got a prized sixty-something Jazz as well, but it's hard
to say that he has a clear favorite.

Kidding aside, nothing about building a musical instrument of any kind
has ever appealed to me.

Again, everyone is different. A lot of people would question why you
spend dozens of hours making bar stools when perfectly nice ones are
available for purchase.

Although I am totally impressed with violin
makers and mandolin luthiers, if nothing else but for the _size_ of
their projects ... which becomes more appealing which each passing day.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/24/13 10:11 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 1/24/2013 10:01 AM, -MIKE- wrote:

Hey, you know you guys are all wearing the same shirt, right? :-P

On the festival circuit, here and in Europe, a certain uniformity
commands bigger bucks. That being the case, individuality can be more
profitably expressed in boots and belt buckles.

"boots and belt buckles" lmao! I think you just wrote a country
song. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/24/2013 12:06 PM, Greg Guarino wrote:

Again, everyone is different. A lot of people would question why you
spend dozens of hours making bar stools when perfectly nice ones are
available for purchase.

Considering that, by definition, 50% of all people fall on the low side
of the bell curve with respect to many abilities, what "a lot of people
would question" has never been of any concern to me whatsoever.

And, without exception, everything that I design and build is custom in
all aspects, no one else has it, and it is not available for purchase.

Which is why those same "lots of people" pay me, and other folks around
here like Leon, to do the same for them ... and because they can't.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://plus.google.com/114902129577517371552/posts
http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/24/2013 12:30 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 1/24/13 10:11 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 1/24/2013 10:01 AM, -MIKE- wrote:

Hey, you know you guys are all wearing the same shirt, right? :-P

On the festival circuit, here and in Europe, a certain uniformity
commands bigger bucks. That being the case, individuality can be more
profitably expressed in boots and belt buckles.

"boots and belt buckles" lmao! I think you just wrote a country
song. :-)

Well, to do that you'd have to throw in a hat ... but that's part of the
uniform.