Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg Guarino[_2_] Greg Guarino[_2_] is offline

Default eWoodShop - Mission Bar Stool - Upholstery done

On 1/24/2013 10:36 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 1/24/2013 8:49 AM, Greg Guarino wrote:
On 1/23/2013 4:01 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 1/23/2013 2:56 PM, Greg Guarino wrote:
On 1/23/2013 3:19 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 1/23/2013 2:10 PM, Greg Guarino wrote:

If I ever made something as beautiful as those chairs it would be a
sorry man who dared to rest his fat ass on it.

Thanks ... don't mind them sitting so much, as how long they sit for.

Don't want them to be too comfortable.

Then you have made the decor entirely too inviting. When can I drop by?

Anytime you're in the city or general vicinity, the phone is easy to
find ... also being musicians, who at one time traveled over the country
gigging, we are still a well known way station for the underground couch
circuit, sometimes putting up entire road bands.

Houston's a little out of my usual orbit. I listened to a couple of the
music samples by the way. Sounds good. Have you ever thought to combine
your interests and build yourself a bass?

When my main axe remains, to this day, a '61 Fender Jazz ... why would I
want to do that?

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-r...erweek+024.JPG

Everyone is different I guess. Our bass player is more promiscuous; his
arsenal hovers at around 25 instruments. And unlike many "collectors",
he plays them all. He used to routinely bring two to each gig, switching
off between sets. He usually only carries one these days though. Age, I
suppose. He's got a prized sixty-something Jazz as well, but it's hard
to say that he has a clear favorite.

Kidding aside, nothing about building a musical instrument of any kind
has ever appealed to me.

Again, everyone is different. A lot of people would question why you
spend dozens of hours making bar stools when perfectly nice ones are
available for purchase.

Although I am totally impressed with violin
makers and mandolin luthiers, if nothing else but for the _size_ of
their projects ... which becomes more appealing which each passing day.