Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Barn -12'W x 20'L x 12'H Portable Building

Main cover and doors are madefrom long life UV Resistant, Fire Retardant Polyethylene with woven backing. All fabric components feature heat-welded seam construction. All Rhino Shelter instant garages have a special layer in between the outer and inner layers called the Inner Black Scrim. The Inner Black Scrim has a coating that blocks 100% sunlight from penetrating through the material.
http://www.quickgarage.com/index.php...&product_id=58
Posted to rec.woodworking

Watch out for this one, my antivirus says this has an attack.

On 7/13/2012 12:09 PM, Susan wrote:
Main cover and doors are madefrom long life UV Resistant, Fire Retardant Polyethylene with woven backing. All fabric components feature heat-welded seam construction. All Rhino Shelter instant garages have a special layer in between the outer and inner layers called the Inner Black Scrim. The Inner Black Scrim has a coating that blocks 100% sunlight from penetrating through the material.
http://www.quickgarage.com/index.php...&product_id=58

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/13/2012 12:46 PM, tiredofspam wrote:
Watch out for this one, my antivirus says this has an attack.

On 7/13/2012 12:09 PM, Susan wrote:
Main cover and doors are madefrom long life UV Resistant, Fire
Retardant Polyethylene with woven backing. All fabric components
feature heat-welded seam construction. All Rhino Shelter instant
garages have a special layer in between the outer and inner layers
called the Inner Black Scrim. The Inner Black Scrim has a coating
that blocks 100% sunlight from penetrating through the material.
http://www.quickgarage.com/index.php...&product_id=58

Besides looks like an advertisement.

Since most of us dabble in wood working we would not be interested in a
plastic garage.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/13/12 11:46 AM, tiredofspam wrote:
Watch out for this one, my antivirus says this has an attack.

On 7/13/2012 12:09 PM, Susan wrote:
Main cover and doors are madefrom long life UV Resistant, Fire
Retardant Polyethylene with woven backing. All fabric components
feature heat-welded seam construction. All Rhino Shelter instant
garages have a special layer in between the outer and inner layers
called the Inner Black Scrim. The Inner Black Scrim has a coating
that blocks 100% sunlight from penetrating through the material.
http://www.quickgarage.com/index.php...&product_id=58

I don't know what worse, spam or top posting. :-p

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/13/2012 1:36 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 7/13/12 11:46 AM, tiredofspam wrote:
Watch out for this one, my antivirus says this has an attack.

On 7/13/2012 12:09 PM, Susan wrote:
Main cover and doors are madefrom long life UV Resistant, Fire
Retardant Polyethylene with woven backing. All fabric components
feature heat-welded seam construction. All Rhino Shelter instant
garages have a special layer in between the outer and inner layers
called the Inner Black Scrim. The Inner Black Scrim has a coating
that blocks 100% sunlight from penetrating through the material.
http://www.quickgarage.com/index.php...&product_id=58

I don't know what worse, spam or top posting. :-p

Top posting depends on the topic being discussed. I frequently top post.
In these cases it is a long continuing conversation between a couple of
people, about the same topic and no drift.

By top posting the new material is on top so it can be quickly reviewed
for the response. On top there is no need to scroll through many
paragraphs to find the new material.

I can see the need for bottom posting for the reverse of the above. If
you are working with many people on a project, bottom posting make
sense, as while you are scrolling down through the past material you can
refresh yourself on what has happen or been done about the problem.

Top or bottom posting depends on how many people and the topic being
discussed so it depends on the situation and there are no absolute rules.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I don't know why you hate top-posting. In our company it's common
courtesy to top-post when replying to email so people don't have to
scroll through pages of stuff just to see a one-line reply. So that's
what makes sense to me.

John S.

On 07/13/2012 12:36 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 7/13/12 11:46 AM, tiredofspam wrote:
Watch out for this one, my antivirus says this has an attack.

On 7/13/2012 12:09 PM, Susan wrote:
Main cover and doors are madefrom long life UV Resistant, Fire
Retardant Polyethylene with woven backing. All fabric components
feature heat-welded seam construction. All Rhino Shelter instant
garages have a special layer in between the outer and inner layers
called the Inner Black Scrim. The Inner Black Scrim has a coating
that blocks 100% sunlight from penetrating through the material.
http://www.quickgarage.com/index.php...&product_id=58

I don't know what worse, spam or top posting. :-p

Posted to rec.woodworking

John Shear writes:
I don't know why you hate top-posting. In our company it's common
courtesy to top-post when replying to email so people don't have to
scroll through pages of stuff just to see a one-line reply. So that's
what makes sense to me.

Actually, one should edit the "pages of stuff" down to the relevent
bits, and intersperse the replies so that the relevent bits are
adjacent.

Top-posting was a microsoft invention that is quite annoying.

scott
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/13/2012 12:52 PM, Keith Nuttle wrote:

Top or bottom posting depends on how many people and the topic being
discussed so it depends on the situation and there are no absolute rules.

Those with roots that precede, and coincide with, and who exhibited the
brain power to invent the Internet and its use (Al Gore excluded),
bottom post.

Many of the Johnny-Come-Lately's, infamous for their willful ignorance
of the early concept of "netiquette" (published in RFC1855 guidelines),
along with their ability to come up with all sorts of silly
justifications for doing so, top post.

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/13/12 12:52 PM, Keith Nuttle wrote:
On 7/13/2012 1:36 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
I don't know what worse, spam or top posting. :-p

Top posting depends on the topic being discussed. I frequently top post.
In these cases it is a long continuing conversation between a couple of
people, about the same topic and no drift.

By top posting the new material is on top so it can be quickly reviewed
for the response. On top there is no need to scroll through many
paragraphs to find the new material.

That's what editing is for. Cut out the impertinent crap.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/13/12 1:07 PM, John Shear wrote:
I don't know why you hate top-posting. In our company it's common
courtesy to top-post when replying to email so people don't have to
scroll through pages of stuff just to see a one-line reply. So that's
what makes sense to me.

John S.

On 07/13/2012 12:36 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

I don't know what worse, spam or top posting. :-p

We're not at your company, we're in a newsgroup which has a standard
etiquette that has been the same for about 15 years... which includes
bottom posting *and* editing out crap that is no longer relevant to the
discussion.

What's next, reading right to left because that's how you do it at your
synagogue? :-p

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/13/12 1:11 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Top-posting was a microsoft invention that is quite annoying.

scott

Which explains a LOT!

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/13/12 1:19 PM, tiredofspam wrote:
Get over the top posting thing already.
Who the hell wants to scroll down to find the new text?

No scrolling needed when you have the common courtesy to edit **** out
that no longer matters.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

John Shear wrote:

I don't know why you hate top-posting. In our company it's common
courtesy to top-post when replying to email so people don't have to
scroll through pages of stuff just to see a one-line reply. So that's
what makes sense to me.

The reasons for bottom posting are more of a legacy thing. In email, it
makes sense to top post and to keep an entire archive of previous
conversations intact, for the historic benefit of that. Historically,
usenet protocols encourages bottom posting, or posts intermixed in the
appropriate comments from a previous post, and all other irrelevant content
snipped. This kept the replies in context with a previous post, and
minimized content since all irrelevant material was snipped. Back in the
day of dial up connections, this was a much bigger issue than it is today
with Broadband.

Alas - it is still too easy to find people who both top and bottom post, who
will not snip irrelevant text. This might be more common among top posters
since they don't even notice the volume of comment beneath their own.

What makes things very difficult is when replies consist of both top and
bottom posting. That requires a reader to jump around through a post to
find what had originally been said, to determine the context of any given
post. That practice is just rude. But... then again, so is the practice of
not snipping irrelevant text.

Then there's the age old problem of a post with 100 lines of text, which
gets replied to with a simple "I agree" (or the modern day equivalent +1 or
some other such silliness...). That type of thing has long been frowned
upon within the usenet community.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

"John Shear" wrote in message
b.com...
I don't know why you hate top-posting. In our company it's common
courtesy to top-post when replying to email so people don't have to scroll
through pages of stuff just to see a one-line reply. So that's what makes
sense to me.

So you openly admit that you can' tell the difference between emails and
NEWS GROUP POSTS?

And you think it is OK to **** people off too?

But that is OK. It makes perfect sense to you.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"tiredofspam" nospam.nospam.com wrote in message
news
Get over the top posting thing already.
Who the hell wants to scroll down to find the new text?

The people who want to follow the discussion.

And people who know how to work the scroll function on their reader. That
way you get where you need to in a hurry. And maintain the integrity of the
conversation. Theis particularly important if you get to the message late
in the conversation.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/13/2012 1:34 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

"tiredofspam" nospam.nospam.com wrote in message
news
Get over the top posting thing already.
Who the hell wants to scroll down to find the new text?

The people who want to follow the discussion.

And people who know how to work the scroll function on their reader.
That way you get where you need to in a hurry. And maintain the
integrity of the conversation. Theis particularly important if you get
to the message late in the conversation.

Apparently the inability to grasp the concept of "chronological order"
(arrangement in order of time of occurrence) is simply another
manifestation of the dumbing down of the culture ...

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

tiredofspam wrote:

Get over the top posting thing already.
Who the hell wants to scroll down to find the new text?

One word - SNIP.

It is equally frustrating to scroll down through text to find the context of
a top posted reply.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 07/13/2012 01:31 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

"John Shear" wrote in message
b.com...
I don't know why you hate top-posting. In our company it's common
courtesy to top-post when replying to email so people don't have to
scroll through pages of stuff just to see a one-line reply. So that's
what makes sense to me.

So you openly admit that you can' tell the difference between emails and
NEWS GROUP POSTS?

And you think it is OK to **** people off too?

But that is OK. It makes perfect sense to you.

I had no idea it was such a big deal and some of you guys had to be
major jerks about it. I'll go back to lurking...

John S.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"John Shear" wrote in message
eb.com...

On 07/13/2012 01:31 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

"John Shear" wrote in message
b.com...
I don't know why you hate top-posting. In our company it's common
courtesy to top-post when replying to email so people don't have to
scroll through pages of stuff just to see a one-line reply. So that's
what makes sense to me.

So you openly admit that you can' tell the difference between emails and
NEWS GROUP POSTS?

And you think it is OK to **** people off too?

But that is OK. It makes perfect sense to you.

I had no idea it was such a big deal and some of you guys had to be major
jerks about it. I'll go back to lurking...

I am pointing out how you make life difficult for others. I am pointing out
how to be CONSIDERATE. I am pointing out long established net and newsgroup
protocols.

And I am being a jerk?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Arguments like this BS are what is killing/killed the newsgroups. And Im
unsubscribing from this one now, because any similarity to a meaningful
group has disintegrated.

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message
b.com...

"John Shear" wrote in message
eb.com...

On 07/13/2012 01:31 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

"John Shear" wrote in message
b.com...
I don't know why you hate top-posting. In our company it's common
courtesy to top-post when replying to email so people don't have to
scroll through pages of stuff just to see a one-line reply. So that's
what makes sense to me.

So you openly admit that you can' tell the difference between emails and
NEWS GROUP POSTS?

And you think it is OK to **** people off too?

But that is OK. It makes perfect sense to you.

I had no idea it was such a big deal and some of you guys had to be major
jerks about it. I'll go back to lurking...

I am pointing out how you make life difficult for others. I am pointing out
how to be CONSIDERATE. I am pointing out long established net and newsgroup
protocols.

And I am being a jerk?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/13/12 4:11 PM, geoff wrote:
Arguments like this BS are what is killing/killed the newsgroups. And
Im unsubscribing from this one now, because any similarity to a
meaningful group has disintegrated.

Goodbye. And they've been dead for more than 5 years... probably more
like 10.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/13/2012 4:11 PM, geoff wrote:

Arguments like this BS are what is killing/killed the newsgroups. And
Im unsubscribing from this one now, because any similarity to a
meaningful group has disintegrated.

The absolute best solution for those too dense to use their Next key,
and/or flatly refuse to follow an accepted practice accepted long before
they got here.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

geoff wrote:

Arguments like this BS are what is killing/killed the newsgroups. And I'm
unsubscribing from this one now, because any similarity to a
meaningful group has disintegrated.

Oh hell no - this is nothing compared to the real flame wars of the
internet. And - those can still be easily found on web forums, and every
place else. Nothing at all unique to usenet. What is killing usenet is
ISP's dropping the service as an offering to their subscribers, thinking
forums are the way of the future.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 13 Jul 2012 16:36:01 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 7/13/2012 4:11 PM, geoff wrote:

Arguments like this BS are what is killing/killed the newsgroups. And
I’m unsubscribing from this one now, because any similarity to a
meaningful group has disintegrated.

The absolute best solution for those too dense to use their Next key,
and/or flatly refuse to follow an accepted practice accepted long before
they got here.

Over the years I've seen this debate many times. I've always found it
was just the best policy to adopt what seems to be the norm for the
group.

Mike M

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 13 Jul 2012 14:47:57 -0700, Mike M wrote:

On Fri, 13 Jul 2012 16:36:01 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 7/13/2012 4:11 PM, geoff wrote:

Arguments like this BS are what is killing/killed the newsgroups. And
I’m unsubscribing from this one now, because any similarity to a
meaningful group has disintegrated.

The absolute best solution for those too dense to use their Next key,
and/or flatly refuse to follow an accepted practice accepted long before
they got here.

Over the years I've seen this debate many times. I've always found it
was just the best policy to adopt what seems to be the norm for the
group.

But then you can't show that you're "different".
Posted to rec.woodworking

"geoff" babbled this bull****...
Arguments like this BS are what is killing/killed the newsgroups. And Im
unsubscribing from this one now, because any similarity to a meaningful
group has disintegrated.

Again, being considerate or observing basic courtesy rules is an ARGUMENT???

Logic is not your forte.

You must be lots of fun at parties. And, some how or another, we will
struggle on without you.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 13 Jul 2012 13:07:24 -0500, John Shear wrote:

I don't know why you hate top-posting. In our company it's common
courtesy to top-post when replying to email so people don't have to
scroll through pages of stuff just to see a one-line reply. So that's
what makes sense to me.

I suggest you, and others who top post, read the following:

http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html

But since it's a long RFC, below is the pertinent part:

"If you are sending a reply to a message or a posting be sure you
summarize the original at the top of the message, or include just
enough text of the original to give a context. This will make
sure readers understand when they start to read your response.
Since NetNews, especially, is proliferated by distributing the
postings from one host to another, it is possible to see a
response to a message before seeing the original. Giving context
helps everyone. But do not include the entire original!"

BTW, it wouldn't hurt all of us to read the entire RFC - I know it
reminded me of a few things :-).

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 13 Jul 2012 13:16:50 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 7/13/2012 12:52 PM, Keith Nuttle wrote:

Top or bottom posting depends on how many people and the topic being
discussed so it depends on the situation and there are no absolute rules.

Those with roots that precede, and coincide with, and who exhibited the
brain power to invent the Internet and its use (Al Gore excluded),
bottom post.

Many of the Johnny-Come-Lately's, infamous for their willful ignorance
of the early concept of "netiquette" (published in RFC1855 guidelines),
along with their ability to come up with all sorts of silly
justifications for doing so, top post.

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt

I have a fix for topposters, spammers, and Jesus Freaks: I plonk 'em.
Quick, easy, clean, and done right _now_!

--
[Television is] the triumph of machine over people.
-- Fred Allen
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

I don't know why you hate top-posting. In our company it's common
courtesy to top-post when replying to email so people don't have to
scroll through pages of stuff just to see a one-line reply. So that's
what makes sense to me.

Yabbut, that's email. But try to add someone to the fiftieth email,
where everyone just topposts.

How much easier is it when people use interstitial posting? TONS!

Go ahead and toppost. But don't get mad when we all plonk you.

--
Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air…
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 13 Jul 2012 13:43:43 -0500, Swingman wrote:
Apparently the inability to grasp the concept of "chronological order"
(arrangement in order of time of occurrence) is simply another
manifestation of the dumbing down of the culture ...

Dumbing down, maybe. Certainly too damned lazy to edit out the
unimportant stuff.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 13 Jul 2012 14:18:26 -0500, John Shear
I had no idea it was such a big deal and some of you guys had to be
major jerks about it. I'll go back to lurking...

Hey, that's an insult. We're not jerks. We're just a bunch of old
farts who are used to getting our way.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/13/2012 2:43 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 7/13/2012 1:34 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

"tiredofspam" nospam.nospam.com wrote in message
news
Get over the top posting thing already.
Who the hell wants to scroll down to find the new text?

The people who want to follow the discussion.

And people who know how to work the scroll function on their reader.
That way you get where you need to in a hurry. And maintain the
integrity of the conversation. Theis particularly important if you get
to the message late in the conversation.

Apparently the inability to grasp the concept of "chronological order"
(arrangement in order of time of occurrence) is simply another
manifestation of the dumbing down of the culture ...

Have you ever worked in an office with many files, Some post newest
first other post newest last, I believe most I have worked in post the
newest first because most like when you need a file it will be the
newest, or near the front of the drawer so you do not have to dig.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/13/2012 9:07 PM, Keith Nuttle wrote:
On 7/13/2012 2:43 PM, Swingman wrote:

Apparently the inability to grasp the concept of "chronological order"
(arrangement in order of time of occurrence) is simply another
manifestation of the dumbing down of the culture ...

Have you ever worked in an office with many files, Some post newest
first other post newest last, I believe most I have worked in post the
newest first because most like when you need a file it will be the
newest, or near the front of the drawer so you do not have to dig.

Last time I looked, Dingleberry, or whatever his name is, doesn't
frequent the wRec.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

Posted to rec.woodworking

Subject

You'll have to pull permits to take over the road.

12' wide can be a real problem.

DAMHIKT

--
Have fun

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 13 Jul 2012 22:07:19 -0400, Keith Nuttle
wrote:

On 7/13/2012 2:43 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 7/13/2012 1:34 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

"tiredofspam" nospam.nospam.com wrote in message
news Get over the top posting thing already.
Who the hell wants to scroll down to find the new text?

The people who want to follow the discussion.

And people who know how to work the scroll function on their reader.
That way you get where you need to in a hurry. And maintain the
integrity of the conversation. Theis particularly important if you get
to the message late in the conversation.

Apparently the inability to grasp the concept of "chronological order"
(arrangement in order of time of occurrence) is simply another
manifestation of the dumbing down of the culture ...

Have you ever worked in an office with many files, Some post newest
first other post newest last, I believe most I have worked in post the
newest first because most like when you need a file it will be the
newest, or near the front of the drawer so you do not have to dig.

Gee, I've always filed them under the client's name, alphabetically.
Or by topic, also alpha.
Ditto by computer, but that's an easy resort.

--
Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air…
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
On 7/13/2012 4:11 PM, geoff wrote:
Arguments like this BS are what is killing/killed the newsgroups. And
Im unsubscribing from this one now, because any similarity to a
meaningful group has disintegrated.

AMF!

Gosh, I need to consult a dictionary to keep up with the lingo around
here! ; )
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Bill" wrote in message
Leon wrote:
On 7/13/2012 4:11 PM, geoff wrote:
Arguments like this BS are what is killing/killed the newsgroups. And
Im unsubscribing from this one now, because any similarity to a
meaningful group has disintegrated.

AMF!

Gosh, I need to consult a dictionary to keep up with the lingo around
here! ; )

Apparently, it is a drink.

1/2 oz Vodka
1/2 oz Rum
1/2 oz Tequila
1/2 oz Gin
1/2 oz Blue Curacao
2 oz Sour mix
2 oz 7-Up

After three of those, I would become slightly obnoxious and silly.