Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Barn -12'W x 20'L x 12'H Portable Building

On Fri, 13 Jul 2012 13:07:24 -0500, John Shear wrote:

I don't know why you hate top-posting. In our company it's common
courtesy to top-post when replying to email so people don't have to
scroll through pages of stuff just to see a one-line reply. So that's
what makes sense to me.

I suggest you, and others who top post, read the following:

http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html

But since it's a long RFC, below is the pertinent part:

"If you are sending a reply to a message or a posting be sure you
summarize the original at the top of the message, or include just
enough text of the original to give a context. This will make
sure readers understand when they start to read your response.
Since NetNews, especially, is proliferated by distributing the
postings from one host to another, it is possible to see a
response to a message before seeing the original. Giving context
helps everyone. But do not include the entire original!"

BTW, it wouldn't hurt all of us to read the entire RFC - I know it
reminded me of a few things :-).