Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Barn -12'W x 20'L x 12'H Portable Building

Bill wrote:
Leon wrote:
On 7/13/2012 4:11 PM, geoff wrote:
Arguments like this BS are what is killing/killed the newsgroups. And
Im unsubscribing from this one now, because any similarity to a
meaningful group has disintegrated.

AMF!

Gosh, I need to consult a dictionary to keep up with the lingo around here! ; )

A Texas expression ... and it ain't necessarily Adios "My Friend".
--
www.ewoodshop.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 13 Jul 2012 22:31:36 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 7/13/2012 4:11 PM, geoff wrote:
Arguments like this BS are what is killing/killed the newsgroups. And
I’m unsubscribing from this one now, because any similarity to a
meaningful group has disintegrated.

AMF!

A Mucking Foron? Or are you referring to bowling ball Sportsters?

--
Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air…
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/13/2012 11:08 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jul 2012 22:07:19 -0400, Keith Nuttle
wrote:

On 7/13/2012 2:43 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 7/13/2012 1:34 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

"tiredofspam" nospam.nospam.com wrote in message
news Get over the top posting thing already.
Who the hell wants to scroll down to find the new text?

The people who want to follow the discussion.

And people who know how to work the scroll function on their reader.
That way you get where you need to in a hurry. And maintain the
integrity of the conversation. Theis particularly important if you get
to the message late in the conversation.

Apparently the inability to grasp the concept of "chronological order"
(arrangement in order of time of occurrence) is simply another
manifestation of the dumbing down of the culture ...

Have you ever worked in an office with many files, Some post newest
first other post newest last, I believe most I have worked in post the
newest first because most like when you need a file it will be the
newest, or near the front of the drawer so you do not have to dig.

Gee, I've always filed them under the client's name, alphabetically.
Or by topic, also alpha.
Ditto by computer, but that's an easy resort.

--
Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air€¦
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

May be it is the nature of the business, we filed by lot number,
document number and and daily reports chronologically. Our audits were
filed by date, as you were most often dealing with the current audits.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/13/2012 5:47 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:

place else. Nothing at all unique to usenet. What is killing usenet is
ISP's dropping the service as an offering to their subscribers, thinking
forums are the way of the future.

I believe it was more like, 'Hey, we can save a penny if we drop usenet.'.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 7/13/2012 4:11 PM, geoff wrote:
Arguments like this BS are what is killing/killed the newsgroups. And
I’m unsubscribing from this one now, because any similarity to a
meaningful group has disintegrated.

AMF!

A Mucking Foron? Or are you referring to bowling ball Sportsters?

At first, I thought he was talking about "bowling!". Then I consulted
the "urban dictionary" (very easy to locate).

--
Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air…
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

Being Usenet, not an office ... chronological order, in a parent/child
relationship, of messages is the basis of the universal staple of
message threads on UseNet.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 14 Jul 2012 09:14:03 -0500, Swingman wrote:
Being Usenet, not an office ... chronological order, in a parent/child
relationship, of messages is the basis of the universal staple of
message threads on UseNet.

You're wasting your time explaining Karl. If someone can't see the
simple logic behind posting in chronological order, then explaining it
to them isn't going to change anything.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

On Fri, 13 Jul 2012 13:16:50 -0500, Swingman wrote:

Those with roots that precede, and coincide with, and who exhibited
the brain power to invent the Internet and its use (Al Gore excluded),
bottom post.

Many of the Johnny-Come-Lately's, infamous for their willful ignorance
of the early concept of "netiquette" (published in RFC1855
guidelines), along with their ability to come up with all sorts of
silly justifications for doing so, top post.

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt

I have a fix for topposters, spammers, and Jesus Freaks: I plonk 'em.
Quick, easy, clean, and done right _now_!

As long as they properly quote (Greater than signs on the left), it's not
a problem with a good Newsreader. I have mine set up to put the
quotation in smaller text than the reply, so it's really easy to see
what's new.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Mike wrote in
:

On 7/13/2012 5:47 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:

place else. Nothing at all unique to usenet. What is killing usenet
is ISP's dropping the service as an offering to their subscribers,
thinking forums are the way of the future.

I believe it was more like, 'Hey, we can save a penny if we drop
usenet.'.

Plus, it's "We can sell you on how we're "protecting the children!" by
keeping them away from the dangerous alt.* hierarchy."

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in news:5000de5d$0$1421
:

Subject

You'll have to pull permits to take over the road.

12' wide can be a real problem.

DAMHIKT

In case anyone's interested, that's the standard lane width for most new
roads. Older roads might only have an 11' lane, and really old roads
might have a lane that's just slightly narrower than a Smart car is long.

If you're building something with the intent of taking it on the road,
keep this in mind. Another bonus tip: Just because your garage door
measures 10' and your shed base measures 10' doesn't mean you'll be able
to fit your shed base through the garage door. (A shop project in school
was to build a shed.)

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Puckdropper wrote:
Mike wrote in
:

On 7/13/2012 5:47 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:

place else. Nothing at all unique to usenet. What is killing
usenet is ISP's dropping the service as an offering to their
subscribers, thinking forums are the way of the future.

I believe it was more like, 'Hey, we can save a penny if we drop
usenet.'.

Plus, it's "We can sell you on how we're "protecting the children!" by
keeping them away from the dangerous alt.* hierarchy."

Both comments above demonstrate a clear inability to understand what is
really going on within the ISP world, and prefer to post things that they
wish were true.

--

-Mike-