Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Attn: SketchUp users

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 18:17:51 -0400, Bill wrote:

Swingman wrote:
On 4/28/2012 1:59 PM, Bill wrote:

The disadvantage I see with the graph paper approach is that the graph
paper may have to be synchronized with the margins of your printer for
it to work.

Therein was the suggested theory that using both on the same printer
might negate that possibility. You gotta read these things, Bill.

I read it. I'd rather try the "gridline approach". I don't expect my
printer picks up sheets with as much precision as SU draws gridlines.

The "hidden grid" layer approach doesn't encounter that issue.

Hard to tell whether that is case until you try both ... the problem you
are still going to face is the thickness/opacity of your template paper
not allowing you enough opacity to do accurate aligning. Tick marks, and
other workarounds, work great on opaque sheets in the architect's
office, but not necessarily well on home printers and copy paper.

Mattias Wandel has a BigPrint program at http://woodgears.ca/bigprint/

"BigPrint makes it easy to make multi-page scale-accurate printouts
comprised of individual sheets printed on ordinary ink jet or laser
printers."

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb (at) telus.net
Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...hinkTanked.jpg
Main floor mini den/office from where I read my news, watch my news,
do the FB thing and do some rough sketching.
This way I am not secluded in the downstairs office, but part of the
family's goings on, something I changed after I ran into this
mortality bit.
Another important bit:
Relaxation whilst working. http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...oy/Amoment.jpg

And yes, sometimes you need an overview of the bigger picture. Then
flip to monitor # 3. LOL

Also, notice that I remained out of the fray during this thread,
because, ****, man, some things just aren't as important as they used
to be.

Oh no! An Apple!!! : )

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 16:54:39 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy
Another important bit:
Relaxation whilst working. http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...oy/Amoment.jpg

I'd have thought it would be Erdinger.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 28, 10:47*pm, Dave wrote:
On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 16:54:39 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

Another important bit:
Relaxation whilst working.http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...oy/Amoment.jpg

I'd have thought it would be Erdinger.

I like Erdinger on draught, although lately I have been on a Guinness
kick.
The Chimay was a suggestion somebody made in here (RonB?). Nice, but a
bit rich for me, and not just price-wise.
So back to either Keith's or Grolsch for a daily driver and Erdinger
or Guinness on draught when out.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 21:45:49 -0400, Bill wrote:

Robatoy wrote:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...hinkTanked.jpg
Main floor mini den/office from where I read my news, watch my news,
do the FB thing and do some rough sketching.
This way I am not secluded in the downstairs office, but part of the
family's goings on, something I changed after I ran into this
mortality bit.
Another important bit:
Relaxation whilst working. http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...oy/Amoment.jpg

And yes, sometimes you need an overview of the bigger picture. Then
flip to monitor # 3. LOL

Also, notice that I remained out of the fray during this thread,
because, ****, man, some things just aren't as important as they used
to be.

Oh no! An Apple!!! : )

Well, at least it wasn't a baby's arm holding an apple.

--
You never hear anyone say, 'Yeah, but it's a dry cold.'
-- Charles A. Budreau
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/28/2012 7:37 PM, Peter Bennett wrote:
On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 18:17:51 -0400, wrote:

Swingman wrote:
On 4/28/2012 1:59 PM, Bill wrote:

[...]

Thanks for that link! Matthias Wandel is slightly richer this morning.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

Mattias Wandel has a BigPrint program at
http://woodgears.ca/bigprint/

"BigPrint makes it easy to make multi-page scale-accurate
printouts comprised of individual sheets printed on
ordinary ink jet or laser printers."

Thanks for that link! Matthias Wandel is slightly richer
this morning.

Please let us know how it works. The "eval copy" prevents me
from evaluating it.

Thanks
Larry
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/29/2012 11:36 AM, Larry wrote:
Leonlcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

Mattias Wandel has a BigPrint program at
http://woodgears.ca/bigprint/

"BigPrint makes it easy to make multi-page scale-accurate
printouts comprised of individual sheets printed on
ordinary ink jet or laser printers."

Thanks for that link! Matthias Wandel is slightly richer
this morning.

Please let us know how it works. The "eval copy" prevents me
from evaluating it.

Thanks
Larry

Seems to work great so far, there is a provision under print settings
that allow you to calibrate the accuracy of the printed out put. I had
to adjust the height output -.05% and that setting seems to "stick", it
has remained 99.95% every time I have run the program.

Very intuitive and easy to make do what you want it to do.

Does not install so you can simply put the single program file where
ever you like.

I like the fact that it will work on photographs too.

Plus you can crop so that you print only what you want to print with out
having to jump through hoops.

You can display and print a grid, horizontal and vertical or a diagonal
grid, and yu set the grid size. IMHO the diagonal grid works well for
aligning the separate sheets of paper.

If you can part with $22 and you only use it one time you are probably
ahead of the game.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:
On 4/28/2012 1:59 PM, Bill wrote:

[...]

Woodgears has saved my bacon on a couple of occasions.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry wrote:
Leonlcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

Mattias Wandel has a BigPrint program at
http://woodgears.ca/bigprint/

"BigPrint makes it easy to make multi-page scale-accurate
printouts comprised of individual sheets printed on
ordinary ink jet or laser printers."

Thanks for that link! Matthias Wandel is slightly richer
this morning.

Please let us know how it works. The "eval copy" prevents me
from evaluating it.

Thanks
Larry

I just tried out the EVAL Copy. It's a great example of what you
can do with 117 KILOBYTES! Ya hear that all ya young-uns that treat
gigabytes like they grow on trees! : ) The new owner of SU
might be smart to toss a few shekles towards Matthias Wandel.
And by the way, yes, I actually have actually carried shekles in my
wallet in real life. Fortunately for me, many of the locals speak 2 or 3
languages. Nice trip, if anyone wants to send you.
12-hr flight.. :O !
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/29/2012 5:17 PM, Bill wrote:
Larry wrote:
Leonlcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

Mattias Wandel has a BigPrint program at
http://woodgears.ca/bigprint/

"BigPrint makes it easy to make multi-page scale-accurate
printouts comprised of individual sheets printed on
ordinary ink jet or laser printers."

Thanks for that link! Matthias Wandel is slightly richer
this morning.

Please let us know how it works. The "eval copy" prevents me
from evaluating it.

Thanks
Larry

I just tried out the EVAL Copy. It's a great example of what you
can do with 117 KILOBYTES! Ya hear that all ya young-uns that treat
gigabytes like they grow on trees! : ) The new owner of SU
might be smart to toss a few shekles towards Matthias Wandel.

Boy, do I ever miss the days of tightly coded programs written in C! The
resources required by applications these days is just ridiculous. I remember
programming in the early days of Apple IIs and PCs where we were strapped with
the 16-bit architectures, and writing (mostly) in assembler was the only real
way to get lickety-split performance without taxing the resources of the
machine. When we finally made it to 32-bit architectures I thought we were
home free! Finally we can write code in C and never have to worry again about
running out of addressing space! (The infamous "640K ought to be enough for
anybody" quote comes to mind here). But no sooner did we gain this new-found
freedom than along comes Java and XML and a whole host of other technologies I
don't even care to understand, and before you know it here we are, bumping up
against the 4GB limit of the 32-bit address space, and making the move to
64-bit machines with ridiculous amounts of memory just so we can perform tasks
no more taxing than browsing the web and listening to music at the same time.
Don't get me started. :-)

But back to your original point of how little space it actually takes to
perform a task with a tightly coded program. If you dabble at all in file
transfers using the BitTorrent protocol, might I suggest having a look at
uTorrent (http://www.utorrent.com)? It installs as a single uTorrent.exe file
that takes less 900KB, yet it packs an amazing amount of functionality into a
relatively small amount of space (by today's standards). It's very well
written and well-behaved, and a very rare example of how (I think) programs
OUGHT to be written. Heck, even if you have no interest in using it, it's
worth a look just to install it and bounce around in it for a while to admire
its capabilities before sending it to the bit bucket.

--
Repeat after me:
"I am we Todd it. I am sofa king we Todd it."
Posted to rec.woodworking

Bill wrote:

I just tried out the EVAL Copy. It's a great example of what you
can do with 117 KILOBYTES! Ya hear that all ya young-uns that treat
gigabytes like they grow on trees! : ) The new owner of SU
might be smart to toss a few shekles towards Matthias Wandel.
And by the way, yes, I actually have actually carried shekles in my
wallet in real life. Fortunately for me, many of the locals speak 2
or 3 languages. Nice trip, if anyone wants to send you.
12-hr flight.. :O !

Bill - you been hitting the hoch again?

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

Mike Marlow wrote:
Bill wrote:

I just tried out the EVAL Copy. It's a great example of what you
can do with 117 KILOBYTES! Ya hear that all ya young-uns that treat
gigabytes like they grow on trees! : ) The new owner of SU
might be smart to toss a few shekels towards Matthias Wandel.
And by the way, yes, I actually have actually carried shekels in my
wallet in real life. Fortunately for me, many of the locals speak 2
or 3 languages. Nice trip, if anyone wants to send you.
12-hr flight.. :O !

Bill - you been hitting the hoch again?

Yeah I know, shekels are coins. But they have them in paper currency in
larger denominations. Outstanding Coffee (espresso) too--I'm not sure
whether "chickory" was the difference or something else. Ah, And plenty
of notable architecture too. I was still "awed", but my eyes are
smarter now and I take in details I would have passed over before.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 27, 7:48 pm, Bill wrote:
Swingman wrote:
On 4/27/2012 7:45 AM, Bill wrote:
On 4/27/2012 7:56 AM, Leon wrote:

To tell you the truth IMHO Sketchup is well worth the pro asking
price if that is the only way to get it.

I'm still interested in it at $50, at $500 it's not going to happen.
For you, the $500 is tax-deductable and you recover it in sales, so, as
usual, it just depends on one's circumstances.

I guess I'll never understand why folks feel compelled to state the
obvious as if it were some astounding, heretofore unknown and
irrefutable truth??

Swing, I think my comment was a reasonable reply to the assertion Leon
made. Your remark left out the context of my comment. No biggie,
only, if you're going to be condescending, at least be fair about it.

It's interesting that you picked $50 as your threshold, Bill. The
education version of SketchUp Pro costs $49. They ask for an .edu
email address, but they'll send all the registration info to a second
email address as well. If you're not using SketchUp commercially it's
a white lie - akin to telling a woman that the jeans she's wearing
don't make her ass look huge.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/30/2012 3:00 PM, RicodJour wrote:
On Apr 27, 7:48 pm, wrote:
Swingman wrote:
On 4/27/2012 7:45 AM, Bill wrote:
On 4/27/2012 7:56 AM, Leon wrote:

[...]

The educational version is good for "1" year.
Posted to rec.woodworking

RicodJour writes:
On Apr 27, 7:48 pm, Bill wrote:
Swingman wrote:
On 4/27/2012 7:45 AM, Bill wrote:
On 4/27/2012 7:56 AM, Leon wrote:

[...]

Actually, since such a "white lie" would deprive the vendor of
honest revenue, it's more like telling the clerk at the grocery
store you've got black pepper in the spice bag, when instead you have
saffron threads.

In other words, you have advocated theft.

scott
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 30, 4:45*pm, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:
On 4/30/2012 3:00 PM, RicodJour wrote:

It's interesting that you picked $50 as your threshold, Bill. *The
education version of SketchUp Pro costs $49. *They ask for an .edu
email address, but they'll send all the registration info to a second
email address as well. *If you're not using SketchUp commercially it's
a white lie - akin to telling a woman that the jeans she's wearing
don't make her ass look huge. *

The educational version is good for "1" year.

This is true. Think of it as an installment plan while's he mulling
over the purchase.

Posted to rec.woodworking

RicodJour wrote:
On Apr 27, 7:48 pm, wrote:
Swingman wrote:
On 4/27/2012 7:45 AM, Bill wrote:
On 4/27/2012 7:56 AM, Leon wrote:

[...]

My choice of $50 for a threshold above was more for illustration. My
real threshold is probably slightly higher than $50 but we don't need to
encourage them, do we? : ) Thank you for the info about the academic
version. So far, I'm quite happy with the free version of SU.

Bill

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 30, 5:10 pm, (Scott Lurndal) wrote:
RicodJour writes:

It's interesting that you picked $50 as your threshold, Bill. The
education version of SketchUp Pro costs $49. They ask for an .edu
email address, but they'll send all the registration info to a second
email address as well. If you're not using SketchUp commercially it's
a white lie - akin to telling a woman that the jeans she's wearing
don't make her ass look huge.

Actually, since such a "white lie" would deprive the vendor of
honest revenue, it's more like telling the clerk at the grocery
store you've got black pepper in the spice bag, when instead you have
saffron threads.

In other words, you have advocated theft.

It's more of a reclassification. Your average home woodworker using
one or two "advanced features" once in a while is not the same as
someone who is running a business off of it. In a rational world all
licenses would be on a per use basis or sliding scale. It's just too
cumbersome to do that - for now.

The .edu email address requirement is clearly absurd. How someone
enrolled in a hairdressing school or studying to be a chiropodist is
more deserving of a break on the price of a 3D modeling program than a
garage/basement (guessing) woodworker not using it for profit, I do
not know. You seem to - please explain.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 28, 11:03 pm, Robatoy wrote:
On Apr 28, 10:47 pm, Dave wrote:
On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 16:54:39 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

Another important bit:
Relaxation whilst working.http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...oy/Amoment.jpg

I'd have thought it would be Erdinger.

I like Erdinger on draught, although lately I have been on a Guinness
kick.
The Chimay was a suggestion somebody made in here (RonB?). Nice, but a
bit rich for me, and not just price-wise.

That would have been me. The Chimay's have actually come down in the
US a bit. Now they're only slightly outrageous.

So back to either Keith's or Grolsch for a daily driver and Erdinger
or Guinness on draught when out.

I'm having a Dark Truth Stout at the moment.
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/423/56469

Nice command bridge setup. A Captain Kirk chair replica using solid
surface materials and maybe some interior lighting would be a nice
complement. With built in beer dispenser. It's in the details.

Posted to rec.woodworking

writes:

[...]

Ut-oh, R. I'm not so sure you're going to come of out this unscathed,
and that's with a capital C which stands for chiropodist and for capitalism.

Posted to rec.woodworking

RicodJour writes:
On Apr 30, 5:10 pm, (Scott Lurndal) wrote:

Actually, since such a "white lie" would deprive the vendor of
honest revenue, it's more like telling the clerk at the grocery
store you've got black pepper in the spice bag, when instead you have
saffron threads.

In other words, you have advocated theft.

It's more of a reclassification. Your average home woodworker using
one or two "advanced features" once in a while is not the same as
someone who is running a business off of it. In a rational world all
licenses would be on a per use basis or sliding scale. It's just too
cumbersome to do that - for now.

That's your opinion. However, the guiding law for setting a selling
price is that the seller and purchaser must agree on terms. If they
don't (or can't) agree on terms, and one side misrepresents itself
to take advantage a promotion that the seller never intended that the
buyer be eligible for, then the buyer defrauded the seller.

The .edu email address requirement is clearly absurd. How someone
enrolled in a hairdressing school or studying to be a chiropodist is
more deserving of a break on the price of a 3D modeling program than a
garage/basement (guessing) woodworker not using it for profit, I do
not know. You seem to - please explain.

It's pretty simple - most software that can be used professionally is
often offered to students at a discount for two reasons:

1) Students, usually on a limited budget (more now than ever) can't
afford full price
2) Students, having learned the software in question, will often
pull that software into a subsequent employer, at commercial
rates.

A win for both the student and the company selling the software.

And your strawman argument about hairdressors and chiropodists is
completely bogus, as they're not the target market for the software
in the first place and would have no interest in it (I can just
see hairstyling 3d frame models :-).

scott

(and if you really want free CAD software, take a look at qcad (linux only, tho)).
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 30, 4:00*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Apr 27, 7:48 pm, Bill wrote:

*Swingman wrote:
On 4/27/2012 7:45 AM, Bill wrote:
On 4/27/2012 7:56 AM, Leon wrote:

[...]

It is seldom the jeans that make her ass look fat... it's usually the
ass itself that make the jeans look fat.

Posted to rec.woodworking

RicodJour writes:
On Apr 27, 7:48 pm, Bill wrote:
*Swingman wrote:
On 4/27/2012 7:45 AM, Bill wrote:
On 4/27/2012 7:56 AM, Leon wrote:

[...]

I use my software professionally. I pay for it, but never do I pay for
software which hasn't been tested and tried thoroughly. Plenty of
companies have no problem allowing trial software, and in many cases,
fully featured. What I DO object to, is when I find myself competing
for work with an asshole who has not paid for his software. In one
particular case, that anger resulted into an actual visit to the the
perp's office.
The issue was resolved.
(He had also used MY drawings and designs to prepare a quote.)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/30/2012 4:45 PM, RicodJour wrote:
On Apr 30, 4:45 pm, Leonlcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:
On 4/30/2012 3:00 PM, RicodJour wrote:

It's interesting that you picked $50 as your threshold, Bill. The
education version of SketchUp Pro costs $49. They ask for an .edu
email address, but they'll send all the registration info to a second
email address as well. If you're not using SketchUp commercially it's
a white lie - akin to telling a woman that the jeans she's wearing
don't make her ass look huge.

The educational version is good for "1" year.

This is true. Think of it as an installment plan while's he mulling
over the purchase.

You can think of it that way but I doubt the software company would
think of it that way. He would certainly have to pay the full price in
addition to what he had already spent.

Basically an installment plan is not mentioned as an offer. He pays
full price plus the educational price should he decide to go legit.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 30, 11:30*pm, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:
On 4/30/2012 4:45 PM, RicodJour wrote:

On Apr 30, 4:45 pm, Leonlcb11211@swbelldotnet *wrote:
On 4/30/2012 3:00 PM, RicodJour wrote:

It's interesting that you picked $50 as your threshold, Bill. *The
education version of SketchUp Pro costs $49. *They ask for an .edu
email address, but they'll send all the registration info to a second
email address as well. *If you're not using SketchUp commercially it's
a white lie - akin to telling a woman that the jeans she's wearing
don't make her ass look huge. *

The educational version is good for "1" year.

This is true. *Think of it as an installment plan while's he mulling
over the purchase.

You can think of it that way but I doubt the software company would
think of it that way. *He would certainly have to pay the full price in
addition to what he had already spent.

Google explicitly states that there will be no verification of
the .edu address beyond it being a working one. Google will not come
after a home woodworker.

Basically an installment plan is not mentioned as an offer. *He pays
full price plus the educational price should he decide to go legit.

Maybe Google would appreciate being able to count on his $50/year cash
flow. Lump sum payments are frequently a cause of overspending and
getting into financial difficulty down the road. Google might be
tempted to buy a $3.7 billion dollar company with sketchy (ahem)
financials because of that extra four hundred bucks burning a hole in
its pockets. The installment plan would stop Google from throwing its
money away.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/30/2012 5:47 PM, Bill wrote:

So far, I'm quite happy with the free version of SU.

Same. In fact, I was reluctant to upgrade from version 7 to version 8,
having experienced freeware getting worse with upgrades. Happily,
version 8 seems to work just the same as version 7, which is more or
less perfect for the needs of 99% of those haunting this rec. I don't
think I'm going to chance the current upgrade, and now that it has new
owners, I'm even more skeptical of upgrading for no real reason.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

Jack wrote:
On 4/30/2012 5:47 PM, Bill wrote:

So far, I'm quite happy with the free version of SU.

Same. In fact, I was reluctant to upgrade from version 7 to version 8,
having experienced freeware getting worse with upgrades. Happily,
version 8 seems to work just the same as version 7, which is more or
less perfect for the needs of 99% of those haunting this rec.

I don't
think I'm going to chance the current upgrade, and now that it has new
owners, I'm even more skeptical of upgrading for no real reason.

Good thinking!

I used to think Google could make a few bucks if they charged $.50 per
item to download from the SU Warehouse. And, probably hardly anyone
would mind paying that. And anyone is who does would still be free to
build the item his or herself! : )

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/1/2012 8:26 AM, RicodJour wrote:
[...]

You totally missed my point. If he uses the $50, 1 year limit of the
pro version, you indicated to think of that as an installment plan while
he thinks it over while mulling over the purchase.

So lets say he decides to not buy the program, he is out the $50 in one
year. That "installment" is not gone. Say he decides to buy the pro
version, he now is out the original $50 plus the cost of the full license.

Best to use the free evaluation of the pro version to decide if he wants
to buy the unlimited pro version.

Basically an installment plan is not mentioned as an offer. He pays
full price plus the educational price should he decide to go legit.

Maybe Google would appreciate being able to count on his $50/year cash
flow. Lump sum payments are frequently a cause of overspending and
getting into financial difficulty down the road. Google might be
tempted to buy a $3.7 billion dollar company with sketchy (ahem)
financials because of that extra four hundred bucks burning a hole in
its pockets. The installment plan would stop Google from throwing its
money away.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 01 May 2012 10:41:24 -0400, Jack wrote:
less perfect for the needs of 99% of those haunting this rec. I don't
think I'm going to chance the current upgrade, and now that it has new
owners, I'm even more skeptical of upgrading for no real reason.

Maybe so, but I'd expect the new owners (naturally assuming this
purchase is prompted by a desire for profit), would try to add some
new capabilities or options to SU to fuel purchases. Those supposed
changes may even be beneficial.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Dave wrote:
On Tue, 01 May 2012 10:41:24 -0400, wrote:
less perfect for the needs of 99% of those haunting this rec. I don't
think I'm going to chance the current upgrade, and now that it has new
owners, I'm even more skeptical of upgrading for no real reason.

Maybe so, but I'd expect the new owners (naturally assuming this
purchase is prompted by a desire for profit), would try to add some
new capabilities or options to SU to fuel purchases. Those supposed
changes may even be beneficial.

Do you mean like the changes MS has made to their OS over the years in
going from version to version? I understand Windows 8 is a real
under-whelmer! : )
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/1/2012 9:41 AM, Jack wrote:

less perfect for the needs of 99% of those haunting this rec. I don't
think I'm going to chance the current upgrade, and now that it has new
owners, I'm even more skeptical of upgrading for no real reason.

What new upgrade?

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 01 May 2012 19:24:07 -0400, Bill wrote:
Do you mean like the changes MS has made to their OS over the years in
going from version to version? I understand Windows 8 is a real
under-whelmer! : )

That depends on how you upgraded if you're a Windows user. I upgrade
most every second version. Dos, Windows 3.1, NT4, XP and now Windows
7. To me anyway, they've all been pretty decent versions. I may have
just been lucky with my upgrade path, but it's worked out as far as
I'm concerned.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Dave wrote:
On Tue, 01 May 2012 19:24:07 -0400, Bill wrote:
Do you mean like the changes MS has made to their OS over the years
in going from version to version? I understand Windows 8 is a real
under-whelmer! : )

That depends on how you upgraded if you're a Windows user. I upgrade
most every second version. Dos, Windows 3.1, NT4, XP and now Windows
7. To me anyway, they've all been pretty decent versions. I may have
just been lucky with my upgrade path, but it's worked out as far as
I'm concerned.

I suspect that for most Windows users, the upgrade as worked out well, save
a few learning experiences, a few nuances here andn there, etc. But - by
and large, Windows and the common applications associated with it have
pretty much worked. Unless of course, you talk to the Linux guys...

--

-Mike-

Sketchup Ralph Compton Woodworking 21 March 4th 12 07:03 PM
Attn: Abby Brown: Sketchup model of a Morris Dovey sawhorse - "Morris Dovey Sawhorse.skp" yEnc (1/1) William Douglas Woodworking Plans and Photos 0 June 15th 10 09:05 PM
Sketchup hep? SonomaProducts.com Woodworking 9 February 19th 10 08:57 PM
Many Sketchup users on this newsgroup? spaco Metalworking 8 March 22nd 09 11:11 PM
Sketchup 7 Leon Woodworking 80 March 2nd 09 02:51 PM