Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Attn: SketchUp users

On 4/28/2012 7:37 PM, Peter Bennett wrote:
On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 18:17:51 -0400, wrote:

Swingman wrote:
On 4/28/2012 1:59 PM, Bill wrote:

The disadvantage I see with the graph paper approach is that the graph
paper may have to be synchronized with the margins of your printer for
it to work.

Therein was the suggested theory that using both on the same printer
might negate that possibility. You gotta read these things, Bill.

I read it. I'd rather try the "gridline approach". I don't expect my
printer picks up sheets with as much precision as SU draws gridlines.

The "hidden grid" layer approach doesn't encounter that issue.

Hard to tell whether that is case until you try both ... the problem you
are still going to face is the thickness/opacity of your template paper
not allowing you enough opacity to do accurate aligning. Tick marks, and
other workarounds, work great on opaque sheets in the architect's
office, but not necessarily well on home printers and copy paper.

Mattias Wandel has a BigPrint program at http://woodgears.ca/bigprint/

"BigPrint makes it easy to make multi-page scale-accurate printouts
comprised of individual sheets printed on ordinary ink jet or laser
printers."

Thanks for that link! Matthias Wandel is slightly richer this morning.