Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Attn: SketchUp users

On 4/30/2012 3:00 PM, RicodJour wrote:
On Apr 27, 7:48 pm, wrote:
Swingman wrote:
On 4/27/2012 7:45 AM, Bill wrote:
On 4/27/2012 7:56 AM, Leon wrote:

To tell you the truth IMHO Sketchup is well worth the pro asking
price if that is the only way to get it.

I'm still interested in it at $50, at $500 it's not going to happen.
For you, the $500 is tax-deductable and you recover it in sales, so, as
usual, it just depends on one's circumstances.

I guess I'll never understand why folks feel compelled to state the
obvious as if it were some astounding, heretofore unknown and
irrefutable truth??

Swing, I think my comment was a reasonable reply to the assertion Leon
made. Your remark left out the context of my comment. No biggie,
only, if you're going to be condescending, at least be fair about it.

It's interesting that you picked $50 as your threshold, Bill. The
education version of SketchUp Pro costs $49. They ask for an .edu
email address, but they'll send all the registration info to a second
email address as well. If you're not using SketchUp commercially it's
a white lie - akin to telling a woman that the jeans she's wearing
don't make her ass look huge.

The educational version is good for "1" year.