Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Was Dial indicator--now jointer

On 2/22/2012 8:57 PM, Steve Barker wrote:

Go to your local store and try one out. Sanding is not fun. But when
sanding is accomplished much more quickly and with out dust it is not a
task to hate any more.

PLUS Festool offers many types of sand paper. I recently discovered
their "Crystal" sand paper, very aggressive and glue does not gum up or
load the paper at all.
Yesterday I was sanding 10 face frames front and back after glue up. 6
joints on each side, 12 per face frame. One piece of Crystal 80 grit
paper to sand 120 sides at the joints with glue. 2 pieces of 120 grit
Rubin for both sides of the 10 face frames, 1 piece of 150 grit Rubin,
and two pieces of 180 grit Rubin for all sides plus inside edges. I
hand
sanded all the corner edges with foam backed Mirka 180 grip paper. 4
hours.

I only got dust when I hand sanded so I finish sanded after hand
sanding
the corners to get rid of the dust.

where does one purchase the aforementioned sandpapers?

Woodcraft, Rockler

thanks

Keep in mind that the Festool Rotex sander was an important ingredient
to my success. Sand paper will last a lot longer when you use dust
collection with the sander to keep the debris cleared out.

Dial Indicator [email protected] Woodturning 4 June 1st 06 05:37 AM
Homemade magnetic indicator base [email protected] Metalworking 9 April 19th 06 03:06 AM
Dial indicator Hitch Woodworking 16 June 14th 05 04:04 AM
Magnetic Indicator Base Bugs Metalworking 1 March 18th 05 06:30 PM
Dial Indicator Ian Robinson Metalworking 4 May 15th 04 03:32 PM