Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Free Router

I hope this isn't inappropriate but I am offering an older Bosch fixed
router, model 1617, without a base for anyone who is local and wants to pick
it up. If you want it shipped, shipping charges will apply.

The router works well, but only has one speed. Though, I plugged it into a
separate speed control switch and it worked great.

I have no idea how old the unit is. I bought a router table top from a
local seller and he gave me the router with it, but I already have two
routers. Therefore, if you're interested, it's yours.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
On 12/27/2011 6:52 PM, Justin Time wrote:
I hope this isn't inappropriate but I am offering an older Bosch fixed
router, model 1617, without a base for anyone who is local

Local to where?

Oops! LOL.....sorry about that.

Northern subs of Detroit.

Oakland County.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/27/2011 8:26 PM, Justin Time wrote:
"Doug wrote in message
On 12/27/2011 6:52 PM, Justin Time wrote:
I hope this isn't inappropriate but I am offering an older Bosch fixed
router, model 1617, without a base for anyone who is local

Local to where?

Oops! LOL.....sorry about that.

Northern subs of Detroit.

Oakland County.

I might be interested, for the cost of shipping, whatever it turns out
to be. My zip code is 46228.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Doug wrote in message
On 12/27/2011 6:52 PM, Justin Time wrote:
I hope this isn't inappropriate but I am offering an older Bosch fixed
router, model 1617, without a base for anyone who is local

Local to where?

Oops! LOL.....sorry about that.

Northern subs of Detroit.

Oakland County.

I might be interested, for the cost of shipping, whatever it turns out to
be. My zip code is 46228.

I'll weigh it tomorrow to determine the cost and reply.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Doug wrote in message
On 12/27/2011 6:52 PM, Justin Time wrote:
I hope this isn't inappropriate but I am offering an older Bosch fixed
router, model 1617, without a base for anyone who is local

Local to where?

Oops! LOL.....sorry about that.

Northern subs of Detroit.

Oakland County.

I might be interested, for the cost of shipping, whatever it turns out to
be. My zip code is 46228.

I'll weigh it tomorrow to determine the cost and reply.

Sounds good, thanks.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Doug wrote in message
On 12/27/2011 6:52 PM, Justin Time wrote:
I hope this isn't inappropriate but I am offering an older Bosch
fixed
router, model 1617, without a base for anyone who is local

Local to where?

Oops! LOL.....sorry about that.

Northern subs of Detroit.

Oakland County.

I might be interested, for the cost of shipping, whatever it turns
out to
be. My zip code is 46228.

I'll weigh it tomorrow to determine the cost and reply.

Sounds good, thanks.

I'll pay you shipping, plus 2 dollars. :-p

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Doug wrote in message
On 12/27/2011 6:52 PM, Justin Time wrote:
I hope this isn't inappropriate but I am offering an older Bosch
fixed
router, model 1617, without a base for anyone who is local

Local to where?

Oops! LOL.....sorry about that.

Northern subs of Detroit.

Oakland County.

I might be interested, for the cost of shipping, whatever it turns
out to
be. My zip code is 46228.

I'll weigh it tomorrow to determine the cost and reply.

Sounds good, thanks.

I'll pay you shipping, plus 2 dollars. * *:-p

--

* -MIKE-

* "Playing is not something I do at night, it's my function in life"
* * *--Elvin Jones *(1927-2004)
* --
*http://mikedrums.com
*
* ---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply- Hide quoted text -

Maybe JT should put it on eBay for free and have people bid on the
shipping costs. ;-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Doug Miller" wrote in message

Sounds good, thanks.

I always use USPS since the majority of the time they are the cheapest. With
that in mind, Priority mail in a medium flat rate box = $10.95. Parcel post
= $10.34. All other options are higher.

If you have a carrier preference, let me know. You can check prices as well
using my zip of 48073.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
news:17eef9b7-2649-4135-b7fa- I'll pay you shipping, plus 2 dollars. :-p

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply- Hide quoted text -

Maybe JT should put it on eBay for free and have people bid on the
shipping costs. ;-)

HMMM! Not a bad idea. :-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/28/2011 9:07 PM, Justin Time wrote:

Maybe JT should put it on eBay for free and have people bid on the
shipping costs. ;-)

HMMM! Not a bad idea. :-)

Violates eBay's listing policy. They consider that to be evasion of
their final value fees.

Honestly, though, you'll probably be better off to list it on eBay:
buyers pay shipping costs anyway, and you may get ten or twenty bucks
for the router in addition.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 28 Dec 2011 22:11:07 -0500, Doug Miller
Honestly, though, you'll probably be better off to list it on eBay:
buyers pay shipping costs anyway, and you may get ten or twenty bucks
for the router in addition.

He *did* offer it for free though and you responded that you'd take it
for the shipping costs. If he's ethical, he will send it to you.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Doug wrote in message

Sounds good, thanks.

I always use USPS since the majority of the time they are the cheapest. With
that in mind, Priority mail in a medium flat rate box = $10.95. Parcel post
= $10.34. All other options are higher.

If you have a carrier preference, let me know. You can check prices as well
using my zip of 48073.

My carrier of preference is the U.S. Postal Service anyway. Please
contact me offline (doug at milmac dot com) so we can arrange payment
and shipping.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dave" wrote in message
On Wed, 28 Dec 2011 22:11:07 -0500, Doug Miller
Honestly, though, you'll probably be better off to list it on eBay:
buyers pay shipping costs anyway, and you may get ten or twenty bucks
for the router in addition.

He *did* offer it for free though and you responded that you'd take it
for the shipping costs. If he's ethical, he will send it to you.

IF? If I had feelings, that would hurt a little. ;-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 08:46:44 -0500, "Justin Time"
He *did* offer it for free though and you responded that you'd take it
for the shipping costs. If he's ethical, he will send it to you.

IF? If I had feelings, that would hurt a little. ;-)

That wasn't meant as an insult, just that the lure of money does funny
things to the way people act. If Doug is prepared to release you from
that obligation, then I'd say you're integrity is free to do as you
will.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 28, 10:11*pm, Doug Miller
wrote:
On 12/28/2011 9:07 PM, Justin Time wrote:

Maybe JT should put it on eBay for free and have people bid on the
shipping costs. ;-)

HMMM! *Not a bad idea. :-)

Violates eBay's listing policy. They consider that to be evasion of
their final value fees.

Honestly, though, you'll probably be better off to list it on eBay:
buyers pay shipping costs anyway, and you may get ten or twenty bucks
for the router in addition.

I do believe that JT was kidding.

I know that I was.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"m II" wrote in message ...

IF Dougy had any ethics he'd sweeten the pot with a few extra bucks or
let it go to the one that was wanting it more.
BS. A deal is a deal.

---------------
"Dave" wrote in message

On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 08:46:44 -0500, "Justin Time"
He *did* offer it for free though and you responded that you'd take it
for the shipping costs. If he's ethical, he will send it to you.

IF? If I had feelings, that would hurt a little. ;-)

That wasn't meant as an insult, just that the lure of money does funny
things to the way people act. If Doug is prepared to release you from
that obligation, then I'd say you're integrity is free to do as you
will.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 09:43:46 -0500, "m II" wrote:
IF Dougy had any ethics he'd sweeten the pot with a few extra bucks or
let it go to the one that was wanting it more.

If *you* had any ethics, you wouldn't post here with your regular
bull****.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dave" wrote in message
On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 08:46:44 -0500, "Justin Time"
He *did* offer it for free though and you responded that you'd take it
for the shipping costs. If he's ethical, he will send it to you.

IF? If I had feelings, that would hurt a little. ;-)

That wasn't meant as an insult, just that the lure of money does funny
things to the way people act. If Doug is prepared to release you from
that obligation, then I'd say you're integrity is free to do as you
will.

I didn't assume it was, thus, no problem.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Violates eBay's listing policy. They consider that to be evasion of
their final value fees.

Honestly, though, you'll probably be better off to list it on eBay:
buyers pay shipping costs anyway, and you may get ten or twenty bucks
for the router in addition.

I do believe that JT was kidding.

I know that I was.

Yes, we both were.

No harm no foul.

Posted to rec.woodworking

CW wrote:

"m II" wrote in message ...

IF Dougy had any ethics he'd sweeten the pot with a few extra bucks or
let it go to the one that was wanting it more.

BS. A deal is a deal.

But the deal (contract) did not involve any "consideration" (a legal
element/term) from Doug, so I think the ethical standard here is lower
than is customary. : )
Posted to rec.woodworking

"CW" wrote in message

"m II" wrote in message ...

IF Dougy had any ethics he'd sweeten the pot with a few extra bucks or
let it go to the one that was wanting it more.
BS. A deal is a deal.

Agreed!

I try to separate myself from the selfishness within this greedy society.
Whether in person or online with anonymity, my word is my oath. I made an
offer, someone accepted the terms, therefore a deal is done. Others may try
to cheat, but at least for me, my integrity remains intact.
Besides, Karma is a bitch....lol.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Josepi wrote:
I think somebody should tip us all for staying out of the deal....LOL

I don't wish to mess with the deal. Not being a lawyer, I was actually
curious whether the 2nd party's agreement to pay postage constituted
"consideration" or not in the context of contract law.

---------
"Bill" wrote in message ...

CW wrote:

"m II" wrote in message ...

IF Dougy had any ethics he'd sweeten the pot with a few extra bucks or
let it go to the one that was wanting it more.

BS. A deal is a deal.

But the deal (contract) did not involve any "consideration" (a legal
element/term) from Doug, so I think the ethical standard here is lower
than is customary. : )

Posted to rec.woodworking

Good point and sounds valid for my little knowledge of law.

Canuck law differs from US somewhat in that respect. Province of Quebec law
is another matter again. They disregard our federal laws, completely, and
make their own . Loophole in our Constitution. Lawyers love it only being
qualified in small geographic areas.

Me thinks somebody is injecting a troll, here, but an interesting one. At
least it isn't about gas prices....LOL

----------

-------------
Josepi wrote:
I think somebody should tip us all for staying out of the deal....LOL

Posted to rec.woodworking

Josepi wrote:
Good point and sounds valid for my little knowledge of law.

Canuck law differs from US somewhat in that respect. Province of Quebec
law is another matter again. They disregard our federal laws,
completely, and make their own . Loophole in our Constitution. Lawyers
love it only being qualified in small geographic areas.

Me thinks somebody is injecting a troll, here, but an interesting one.
At least it isn't about gas prices....LOL

No, a trollink remard would be attempting to take disclosure of gas
prices as an offer to buy or sell.

No one answered my question (with regard to US Laws), so apparently we
don't have any lawyers here--or at least none willing to opine. I think
I learned in my business law class that the matter falls under the UCC
("Uniform Commercial Code"). Maybe a lawyer would take the case for a
bit of the router (little joke there)? : )

Bill

----------

Josepi wrote:
I think somebody should tip us all for staying out of the deal....LOL

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 20:59:42 -0500, Bill wrote:

Josepi wrote:
Good point and sounds valid for my little knowledge of law.

Canuck law differs from US somewhat in that respect. Province of Quebec
law is another matter again. They disregard our federal laws,
completely, and make their own . Loophole in our Constitution. Lawyers
love it only being qualified in small geographic areas.

Me thinks somebody is injecting a troll, here, but an interesting one.
At least it isn't about gas prices....LOL

Talk about irony...

(Damn, there go another few people firing full clips into the air. The
6 and 15 fast bangs in a row are a dead giveaway. Duckin' and Coverin'
here, Boss.)

--
Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air…
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 20:59:42 -0500, wrote:

Josepi wrote:
Good point and sounds valid for my little knowledge of law.

Canuck law differs from US somewhat in that respect. Province of Quebec
law is another matter again. They disregard our federal laws,
completely, and make their own . Loophole in our Constitution. Lawyers
love it only being qualified in small geographic areas.

Me thinks somebody is injecting a troll, here, but an interesting one.
At least it isn't about gas prices....LOL

Talk about irony...

(Damn, there go another few people firing full clips into the air. The
6 and 15 fast bangs in a row are a dead giveaway. Duckin' and Coverin'
here, Boss.)

Happy New Year's to ya'll!

Bill

--
Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air…
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posted to rec.woodworking

Josepi wrote:
Good point and sounds valid for my little knowledge of law.

Canuck law differs from US somewhat in that respect. Province of Quebec
law is another matter again. They disregard our federal laws,
completely, and make their own . Loophole in our Constitution. Lawyers
love it only being qualified in small geographic areas.

Me thinks somebody is injecting a troll, here, but an interesting one.
At least it isn't about gas prices....LOL

Talk about irony...

(Damn, there go another few people firing full clips into the air. The
6 and 15 fast bangs in a row are a dead giveaway. Duckin' and Coverin'
here, Boss.)

Happy New Year's to ya'll!

Happy New Year!

Man, I must have heard several hundred rounds go into the air last
night. Idiots. A friend gave me a handful of teensy firecrackers and
whistling bottle rockets (with report), so I was out in the dark at
6pm making noise for five minutes, too. Much safer noise, plus that
wonderful smell.

--
Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air…
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

Man, I must have heard several hundred rounds go into the air last
night.

And you are certain these were shots- why?

Idiots.

Why - because you don't fire guns?

A friend gave me a handful of teensy firecrackers and
whistling bottle rockets (with report), so I was out in the dark at
6pm making noise for five minutes, too. Much safer noise, plus that
wonderful smell.

Much safer noise? Or just your overly proud estimation that what you do is
so much more right than what others do?

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

Mike Marlow wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:

Man, I must have heard several hundred rounds go into the air last
night.

And you are certain these were shots- why?

Idiots.

Why - because you don't fire guns?

A friend gave me a handful of teensy firecrackers and
whistling bottle rockets (with report), so I was out in the dark at
6pm making noise for five minutes, too. Much safer noise, plus that
wonderful smell.

Much safer noise? Or just your overly proud estimation that what you do is
so much more right than what others do?

I was looking for a story about a girl that recently got killed by a
muzzle-loading round that fell from the sky and hit her in the head, but
I found this story instead:

http://www.kmph-kfre.com/story/15030...hing-fireworks
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 1 Jan 2012 21:11:38 -0500, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Man, I must have heard several hundred rounds go into the air last
night.

And you are certain these were shots- why?

Idiots.

Why - because you don't fire guns?

Perhaps you should ask the 12 year old boy in Florida that was hit by
a bullet last night. If he ever gains consciousness.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...unfire/1208726

No one knows where the bullet came from, but authorities believe it
was fired from miles away in a new year's celebration.

"Here we have a 12-year-old kid fighting for his life because he
happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time," said
Hillsborough County sheriff's spokesman Larry McKinnon.

Detectives spoke with Diego's family and neighbors Sunday morning and
determined that no one in the immediate vicinity of the home had been
firing a gun at the time, around 1 a.m. Sunday, according to
officials.

"The bullet was quite a large one," said family friend Dee Sims. "They
said it could have come from 2 or 3 miles away."
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

[...]

Happened a few years ago in Phoenix, AZ, killed a teenager named Shannon
(hit her in the head; she was outside, as I recall, talking on a cell
phone). AZ has since passed a law making shooting firearms into the air
a felony - law is named for the girl, and is known as Shannon's Law.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

[...]

I don't excuse that sort of thing. I don't condone firing up into the air
for this very reason. But - neither you, nor I, nor Larry know that the
shots he heard were being fired up in the air. Back in the day, we use to
fire off lots of rounds along with fireworks. Seemed fun back then, though
I don't find the same pleasure in it these days. We never fired up into the
air though. Firing off lots of rounds does not imply shooting up into the
air.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

Matt wrote:

Happened a few years ago in Phoenix, AZ, killed a teenager named
Shannon (hit her in the head; she was outside, as I recall, talking
on a cell phone). AZ has since passed a law making shooting firearms
into the air a felony - law is named for the girl, and is known as
Shannon's Law.

It's just too bad that a law has to be written to prevent something that is
just a stupid behavior. From the early days of gunpowder it has been known
that what goes up must come down.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 2 Jan 2012 06:22:27 -0500, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

I don't excuse that sort of thing. I don't condone firing up into the air
for this very reason. But - neither you, nor I, nor Larry know that the
shots he heard were being fired up in the air. Back in the day, we use to
fire off lots of rounds along with fireworks. Seemed fun back then, though
I don't find the same pleasure in it these days. We never fired up into the
air though. Firing off lots of rounds does not imply shooting up into the
air.

Unfortunately, it does. Ever watch the news when they show the people
doing just that? In the middle east, it is quite common as a means of
celebration.

Goggle "shooting guns in the air" and you get 76 million hits, many
are arrests for doing such. It happens, very often.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Here comes another stupid US brainwashing right to bear arms argument!

Certainly establishes mental prowess early in the year.

Thanx Bill

Mike Marlow wrote:

Much safer noise? Or just your overly proud estimation that what you
do is
so much more right than what others do?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Backpeddle faster!

Your inconsiderate attitude is showing badly, moron!
Maybe you learned something, today?

--------