Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Making a router plate to mate Triton router to Wolfcraft Router table

Anyone have a suggestion on what material to use to make a router plate that
would mate a Triton router to a Wolfrcraft Router table? I don't want to
drill the router table but unfortunately the plate that comes with the
router table doesn't line up with the Triton. Was going to dedicate teh
Triton router to table duty. (Have a Hitachi for handheld stuff.)

Thank you in advance,

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

PinInCalgary wrote:
Anyone have a suggestion on what material to use to make a router plate
that would mate a Triton router to a Wolfrcraft Router table? I don't
want to drill the router table but unfortunately the plate that comes
with the router table doesn't line up with the Triton. Was going to
dedicate teh Triton router to table duty. (Have a Hitachi for handheld
stuff.)

Phenolic or similar...there are many online vendors of both blank and
predrilled baseplates for many routers; Triton specifically I don't know
about, but google is your friend, undoubtedly.

Cheap route is to go visit local glass/plastics shop and they'll almost
always have cutoffs or broken pieces on the cheap that can be cut to suit.

Another great material for such stuff is the sink cutouts of the manmade
countertop material such a Corian, etc. There's generally a supply of
it from cabinet shops, etc., as well that is castoffs...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 21, 7:56*am, "PinInCalgary" wrote:
Anyone have a suggestion on what material to use to make a router plate that
would mate a Triton router to a Wolfrcraft Router table? I don't want to

UHMW plastics are pretty nifty. You can usually get a kitchen cutting
board made from the stuff. I have used a couple old cutting boards
for several jigs where low friction is a desired aspect of the
design. It is usually that white milky looking stuff. It machines
very well... you can tap threads in it etc...

As far as a plate... you may have a challenge finding a cutting board
in a convenient thickness for your need. Up here in Alaska there are
a couple plastics suppliers that dabble in the UHMW stuff. There is a
lot of it being sold for sleigh/sled runners for hunters and Iditarod
types. Check your yellow pages, you may find a good source for off-
cuts.. not only for your mounting plate needs, but jigs in general.

Best of luck.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 21, 4:14*pm, xparatrooper wrote:
[...]

If you want to pay for it, PeachTree Woodworking Supply sells UHMW
pieces. I bought a zero clearance table saw insert last week. Not
sure I like it though.

http://www.ptreeusa.com/uhmwproducts.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

Thank you to all those that replied. Will see what I can assemble during the
Christmas break.

Season's Greeting to everyone on Rec.Woodworking.

"PinInCalgary" wrote in message
Anyone have a suggestion on what material to use to make a router plate
that would mate a Triton router to a Wolfrcraft Router table? I don't want
to drill the router table but unfortunately the plate that comes with the
router table doesn't line up with the Triton. Was going to dedicate teh
Triton router to table duty. (Have a Hitachi for handheld stuff.)

Thank you in advance,

Posted to rec.woodworking

PinInCalgary wrote:
Thank you to all those that replied. Will see what I can assemble during the
Christmas break.

Season's Greeting to everyone on Rec.Woodworking.

"PinInCalgary" wrote in message
Anyone have a suggestion on what material to use to make a router plate
that would mate a Triton router to a Wolfrcraft Router table? I don't want
to drill the router table but unfortunately the plate that comes with the
router table doesn't line up with the Triton. Was going to dedicate teh
Triton router to table duty. (Have a Hitachi for handheld stuff.)

Thank you in advance,

You may want to consider this:

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...router%20plate

Jessem Router Plate and Table cayvman Woodworking 3 October 10th 06 05:03 PM
ROUTER TABLE-MATE J T Woodworking 2 August 19th 06 11:11 PM
Router Table -- securing drop in plate/router assembly? John L. Poole Woodworking 16 July 14th 06 05:39 PM
Aldi Router and table compatibility. Can't see how to secure the router properly? Peter UK diy 63 October 7th 05 08:26 PM
Do I need a Triton router table? (Just) Allan Woodworking 3 September 13th 05 02:30 AM