Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Yellow vs White glue

I was in Frank Klauz's shop a few weeks ago and he was using elmers glue.

I have been using titebond yellow, sometimes an elmers dark glue,

I know this is a matter of opinion, but figured I would like to hear the
pros and cons of each.... White PVA vs Yellow Aliphatic.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"tiredofspam" nospam.nospam.com wrote in message
news
I was in Frank Klauz's shop a few weeks ago and he was using elmers glue.

I have been using titebond yellow, sometimes an elmers dark glue,

I know this is a matter of opinion, but figured I would like to hear the
pros and cons of each.... White PVA vs Yellow Aliphatic.

Some white glues are acutally wood glue. Elmers white glue is not
necessarily a wood glue.

Gorilla makes a White wood glue.

I use the glue that most closely matches the wood color. Light woods, white
glue, dries clear. Light brown TBII , medium brown, TBIII, dark woods, dark
glue.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 14:03:23 -0400, tiredofspam nospam.nospam.com
wrote:

I was in Frank Klauz's shop a few weeks ago and he was using elmers glue.

I have been using titebond yellow, sometimes an elmers dark glue,

I know this is a matter of opinion, but figured I would like to hear the
pros and cons of each.... White PVA vs Yellow Aliphatic.

White glue gives more open time, which if I recall correctly is why
Frank Klauz uses it. Yellow glue is stronger, but white glue is strong
enough for most uses. If you have good fitting joints white glue
should still be stronger than the wood.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I know this is a matter of opinion, but figured I would like to hear the
pros and cons of each.... White PVA vs Yellow Aliphatic.

White glue has a longer open time, and use it for gluing up Windsor
chairs. It's as strong as yellow glue.

Originally, yellow glue was formulated as a "carpenter's glue" that
could be applied to moist wood on the job site.

Incidental trivia - I lifted this from milk.doc:

Elmer’s® glue used to be made from casein, however, it is now made
from a polymer, polyvinylacetate (PVA) since
that polymer is more stable and has a long shelf storage life.
Elmer’s® blue gel glue is made from polyvinylalcohol.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 29, 3:23*pm, "Leon" wrote:
"tiredofspam" nospam.nospam.com wrote in message

news
I was in Frank Klauz's shop a few weeks ago and he was using elmers glue..

I have been using titebond yellow, sometimes an elmers dark glue,

I know this is a matter of opinion, but figured I would like to hear the
pros and cons of each.... White PVA vs Yellow Aliphatic.

Some white glues are acutally wood glue. *Elmers white glue is not
necessarily a wood glue.

Gorilla makes a White wood glue.

I use the glue that most closely matches the wood color. *Light woods, white
glue, dries clear. *Light brown TBII , medium brown, TBIII, dark woods, dark
glue.

I use this stuff a lot.
http://www.weldbond.com/cabinetmaking

For large lay-ups of laminate, Wilsonart 3000 is incredible. That
stuff is insane.

I do like TBIII a lot too, I like the dark colour for those same
reasons you stated.

I used Gorilla for an outdoor situation------ what a PITA!!! but it
does stick, holy cow does it ever.

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Robatoy wrote:

I used Gorilla for an outdoor situation------ what a PITA!!! but it
does stick, holy cow does it ever.

The comparative tests I've seen all have the resorcinal (Gorilla
foaming) results behind the yellow glue...

They're only advantage imo is the one-part waterproof where it's
actually needed; otherwise the pita factor is far too high as you say...

Marketing can do wonders...

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Sep 29, 3:23 pm, "Leon" wrote:
[...]

OK, let me restate, WHITE gorilla glue, works just like regular yellow eood
glue except it is WHITE. Not a polyurethane glue.

Posted to rec.woodworking

--

WHITE Gorilla Glue is not Polyurethane Gorilla Glue.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"dadiOH" wrote in message
dpb wrote:
Robatoy wrote:

I used Gorilla for an outdoor situation------ what a PITA!!! but it
does stick, holy cow does it ever.

The comparative tests I've seen all have the resorcinal (Gorilla
foaming) results behind the yellow glue...

Unless things have changed, Gorilla glue isn't resorcinol, its
polyurethane, not even close to resorcinol.

Yes Things have changed.

Gorilla is a BRAND name not a type of glue.

http://www.gorillaglue.com/glues.aspx

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

dadiOH wrote:
dpb wrote:
Robatoy wrote:

I used Gorilla for an outdoor situation------ what a PITA!!! but it
does stick, holy cow does it ever.

The comparative tests I've seen all have the resorcinal (Gorilla
foaming) results behind the yellow glue...

Unless things have changed, Gorilla glue isn't resorcinol, its polyurethane,
not even close to resorcinol.

True, finger-slip...

Anyway, the _polyurethanes_ fared lower than the PVAs in the testing
results I've seen...

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Leon wrote:
"dadiOH" wrote in message
dpb wrote:
Robatoy wrote:

I used Gorilla for an outdoor situation------ what a PITA!!! but it
does stick, holy cow does it ever.
The comparative tests I've seen all have the resorcinal (Gorilla
foaming) results behind the yellow glue...

Unless things have changed, Gorilla glue isn't resorcinol, its
polyurethane, not even close to resorcinol.

Yes Things have changed.

Gorilla is a BRAND name not a type of glue.

Also true but only relatively recently has there been anything but the
_polyurethane_ foaming over-advertised stuff available under the Gorilla
banner...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/30/10 1:26 PM, dpb wrote:
dadiOH wrote:
dpb wrote:
Robatoy wrote:

I used Gorilla for an outdoor situation------ what a PITA!!! but it
does stick, holy cow does it ever.
The comparative tests I've seen all have the resorcinal (Gorilla
foaming) results behind the yellow glue...

Unless things have changed, Gorilla glue isn't resorcinol, its
polyurethane, not even close to resorcinol.

True, finger-slip...

Anyway, the _polyurethanes_ fared lower than the PVAs in the testing
results I've seen...

That's true. They are NOT strong, they are water resistant.
Like another poster wrote, marketing is everything.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

-MIKE- wrote:
On 9/30/10 1:26 PM, dpb wrote:
dadiOH wrote:
dpb wrote:
Robatoy wrote:

I used Gorilla for an outdoor situation------ what a PITA!!! but it
does stick, holy cow does it ever.
The comparative tests I've seen all have the resorcinal (Gorilla
foaming) results behind the yellow glue...

Unless things have changed, Gorilla glue isn't resorcinol, its
polyurethane, not even close to resorcinol.

True, finger-slip...

Anyway, the _polyurethanes_ fared lower than the PVAs in the testing
results I've seen...

That's true. They are NOT strong, they are water resistant.
Like another poster wrote, marketing is everything.

That other poster would have been me... (altho there may have been
another as well,...)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"dpb" wrote in message
Leon wrote:
"dadiOH" wrote in message
dpb wrote:
Robatoy wrote:

I used Gorilla for an outdoor situation------ what a PITA!!! but it
does stick, holy cow does it ever.
The comparative tests I've seen all have the resorcinal (Gorilla
foaming) results behind the yellow glue...
Unless things have changed, Gorilla glue isn't resorcinol, its
polyurethane, not even close to resorcinol.

Yes Things have changed.

Gorilla is a BRAND name not a type of glue.

Also true but only relatively recently has there been anything but the
_polyurethane_ foaming over-advertised stuff available under the Gorilla
banner...

I have been using and mentioning the WHITE Gorilla glue for almost 3
years.... Not too new for those that frequent woodworking stores and the
Borgs.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"dadiOH" wrote in message
Leon wrote:
"dadiOH" wrote in message
dpb wrote:
Robatoy wrote:

I used Gorilla for an outdoor situation------ what a PITA!!! but
it does stick, holy cow does it ever.

The comparative tests I've seen all have the resorcinal (Gorilla
foaming) results behind the yellow glue...

Unless things have changed, Gorilla glue isn't resorcinol, its
polyurethane, not even close to resorcinol.

Yes Things have changed.

Gorilla is a BRAND name not a type of glue.

http://www.gorillaglue.com/glues.aspx

So which one is resorcinol?

White Gorilla glue is not necessarily polyurethane as you stated above.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , lcb11211
@swbell.dotnet says...

"dadiOH" wrote in message
Leon wrote:
"dadiOH" wrote in message
dpb wrote:
Robatoy wrote:

I used Gorilla for an outdoor situation------ what a PITA!!! but
it does stick, holy cow does it ever.

The comparative tests I've seen all have the resorcinal (Gorilla
foaming) results behind the yellow glue...

Unless things have changed, Gorilla glue isn't resorcinol, its
polyurethane, not even close to resorcinol.

Yes Things have changed.

Gorilla is a BRAND name not a type of glue.

http://www.gorillaglue.com/glues.aspx

So which one is resorcinol?

White Gorilla glue is not necessarily polyurethane as you stated above.

But is white Gorilla glue any different in function than Elmer's Glue-
All?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 30, 4:52*pm, "Leon" wrote:
"dadiOH" wrote in message

Leon wrote:
"dadiOH" wrote in message
dpb wrote:
Robatoy wrote:

I used Gorilla for an outdoor situation------ what a PITA!!! but
it does stick, holy cow does it ever.

The comparative tests I've seen all have the resorcinal (Gorilla
foaming) results behind the yellow glue...

Unless things have changed, Gorilla glue isn't resorcinol, its
polyurethane, not even close to resorcinol.

Yes Things have changed.

Gorilla is a BRAND name not a type of glue.

http://www.gorillaglue.com/glues.aspx

So which one is resorcinol?

White Gorilla glue is not necessarily polyurethane as you stated above.

Gorilla glue that dries white is polyurethane based.... but... is that
the same as their white glue? Don't know.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Sep 30, 4:52 pm, "Leon" wrote:
"dadiOH" wrote in message

Leon wrote:
"dadiOH" wrote in message
dpb wrote:
Robatoy wrote:

I used Gorilla for an outdoor situation------ what a PITA!!! but
it does stick, holy cow does it ever.

The comparative tests I've seen all have the resorcinal (Gorilla
foaming) results behind the yellow glue...

Unless things have changed, Gorilla glue isn't resorcinol, its
polyurethane, not even close to resorcinol.

Yes Things have changed.

Gorilla is a BRAND name not a type of glue.

http://www.gorillaglue.com/glues.aspx

So which one is resorcinol?

White Gorilla glue is not necessarily polyurethane as you stated above.

Gorilla glue that dries white is polyurethane based.... but... is that
the same as their white glue? Don't know.

White Gorilla wood glue dries clear. For sure.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
in.local...

White Gorilla glue is not necessarily polyurethane as you stated above.

But is white Gorilla glue any different in function than Elmer's Glue-
All?

If you want to pick nits,,,, Gorilla White Wood Glue is designed to glue
wood. I highly suspect that you could also use it add glitter to your
costume, glue pictures in an album, or glue together pieces of colored
construction paper to make a paper chain. I also highly suspect that the
Gorilla White Wood glue has a higher bond strength when used with wood than
the Elmers Glue ALL product would.

http://gorillaglue.com/glues/woodglue/index.aspx

I would not necessirily want to use Elmers Glue All to put together an
expensive piece of furniture enen though it includes wood as a material that
it will glue. It is more of a CRAFT glue that is suited for all around
projects including paper, wood, fabric, leather, and ceramics.

http://www.elmers.com/product/detail/E1322

I would me more inclined to use an Elmer's Wood glue specificially suited
for woodworking. I have used both of those referenced below.

http://www.elmers.com/product/detail...rPath=hardware
or
http://www.elmers.com/product/detail/E701

However the reason I prefer to use the White Gorila wood Glue is that it
dries clear.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , lcb11211
@swbell.dotnet says...

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
in.local...

[...]

So do you have test results of any kind that show a difference, or do
you just buy into Gorilla's hype?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 11:41:24 -0500, "Leon"
wrote:

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Sep 29, 3:23 pm, "Leon" wrote:
[...]

You use a water-soluble bonding agent for laminate? Amazing! I had
trouble with the waterborne rubber cement and love the solvent-based
stuff.

I do like TBIII a lot too, I like the dark colour for those same
reasons you stated.

I haven't tried TBIII yet. TBII and Elmer's Carpenter's are working
fine for me. I let an unopened jug of Gorilla poly harden on me, and
lost my very first gallon of TBII. I buy quarts now. Live and learn.

--
Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come
alive... then go do it. Because what the world needs
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 18:56:44 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

You use a water-soluble bonding agent for laminate? Amazing! I had
trouble with the waterborne rubber cement and love the solvent-based
stuff.

Oops, I meant contact cement, not rubber. Weldwood red is tits!
Weldwood green sucks the big one, and is twice the price. I hate it
when people double the price to call it "green". Especially when it
makes the product less than it was but a large margin. Feh!

--
Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come
alive... then go do it. Because what the world needs
is people who have come alive. -- Howard Thurman
Posted to rec.woodworking

I gave my reasons and if you had any other reason to be here other than to
argue I suspect you would not be asking this question. Cute how you came
back under a new name so every one would see you again.

Plonk again.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

I haven't tried TBIII yet. TBII and Elmer's Carpenter's are working
fine for me. I let an unopened jug of Gorilla poly harden on me, and
lost my very first gallon of TBII. I buy quarts now. Live and learn.

--
Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come
alive... then go do it. Because what the world needs
is people who have come alive. -- Howard Thurman

How did your gallon of TBII go bad? I once thought my TB III had gone
bad, all 3 quarts bottles, Franklin gave me a cure.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 1 Oct 2010 07:04:54 -0500, "Leon"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .

I haven't tried TBIII yet. TBII and Elmer's Carpenter's are working
fine for me. I let an unopened jug of Gorilla poly harden on me, and
lost my very first gallon of TBII. I buy quarts now. Live and learn.

--
Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come
alive... then go do it. Because what the world needs
is people who have come alive. -- Howard Thurman

How did your gallon of TBII go bad? I once thought my TB III had gone
bad, all 3 quarts bottles, Franklin gave me a cure.

It sat on the shelf for a few years and dried up. The last use, I
recall it being fairly thick. Jello, eat your heart out.

Those were the Bow Saur Years, Leon. titter

--
Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come
alive... then go do it. Because what the world needs
is people who have come alive. -- Howard Thurman
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
. ..

I haven't tried TBIII yet. TBII and Elmer's Carpenter's are working
fine for me. I let an unopened jug of Gorilla poly harden on me, and
lost my very first gallon of TBII. I buy quarts now. Live and learn.

--
Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come
alive... then go do it. Because what the world needs
is people who have come alive. -- Howard Thurman

How did your gallon of TBII go bad? I once thought my TB III had gone
bad, all 3 quarts bottles, Franklin gave me a cure.

It sat on the shelf for a few years and dried up. The last use, I
recall it being fairly thick. Jello, eat your heart out.

Those were the Bow Saur Years, Leon. titter

It was probably old and bad, but in the future if the glue starts to "gel"
give it several quick whacks against a stationary object or with the palm of
your hand. If it is still good it will instantly reliquify.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/1/10 7:04 AM, Leon wrote:
"Larry wrote in message

I haven't tried TBIII yet. TBII and Elmer's Carpenter's are working
fine for me. I let an unopened jug of Gorilla poly harden on me, and
lost my very first gallon of TBII. I buy quarts now. Live and learn.

--
Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come
alive... then go do it. Because what the world needs
is people who have come alive. -- Howard Thurman

How did your gallon of TBII go bad? I once thought my TB III had gone
bad, all 3 quarts bottles, Franklin gave me a cure.

Really? That's all you're going to say.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 1, 4:38*pm, -MIKE- wrote:
On 10/1/10 7:04 AM, Leon wrote:

"Larry *wrote in message
.. .

I haven't tried TBIII yet. *TBII and Elmer's Carpenter's are working
fine for me. *I let an unopened jug of Gorilla poly harden on me, and
lost my very first gallon of TBII. I buy quarts now. *Live and learn..

--
Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come
alive... then go do it. Because what the world needs
is people who have come alive. * * *-- Howard Thurman

How did your gallon of TBII go bad? *I once thought *my *TB III had gone
bad, all 3 quarts bottles, Franklin gave me a cure.

Really? * That's all you're going to say.

--

* -MIKE-

* "Playing is not something I do at night, it's my function in life"
* * *--Elvin Jones *(1927-2004)
* --
*http://mikedrums.com
*
* ---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

What? You don't know?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/1/10 3:50 PM, Robatoy wrote:
On Oct 1, 4:38 pm, wrote:
On 10/1/10 7:04 AM, Leon wrote:

"Larry wrote in message

I haven't tried TBIII yet. TBII and Elmer's Carpenter's are working
fine for me. I let an unopened jug of Gorilla poly harden on me, and
lost my very first gallon of TBII. I buy quarts now. Live and learn.

--
Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come
alive... then go do it. Because what the world needs
is people who have come alive. -- Howard Thurman

How did your gallon of TBII go bad? I once thought my TB III had gone
bad, all 3 quarts bottles, Franklin gave me a cure.

Really? That's all you're going to say.

What? You don't know?

If we ever meet, remind me to give you a good twap on the head.
Then, we'll get a beer.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote the following:
"-MIKE-" wrote in message

On 10/1/10 7:04 AM, Leon wrote:

"Larry wrote in message

I haven't tried TBIII yet. TBII and Elmer's Carpenter's are working
fine for me. I let an unopened jug of Gorilla poly harden on me, and
lost my very first gallon of TBII. I buy quarts now. Live and learn.

--
Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come
alive... then go do it. Because what the world needs
is people who have come alive. -- Howard Thurman

How did your gallon of TBII go bad? I once thought my TB III had gone
bad, all 3 quarts bottles, Franklin gave me a cure.

Really? That's all you're going to say.

;!)

If the glue starts to "gel" give it several quick whacks against a
stationary object or with the palm of
your hand. If it is still good it will instantly reliquify.

Do you mean that after I angrily threw the hardened TBII bottle across
the shop against the wall, I could have used it instead of throwing it
in the trash barrel?
:-)

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 1, 4:38 pm, wrote:
On 10/1/10 7:04 AM, Leon wrote:

"Larry wrote in message

I haven't tried TBIII yet. TBII and Elmer's Carpenter's are working
fine for me. I let an unopened jug of Gorilla poly harden on me, and
lost my very first gallon of TBII. I buy quarts now. Live and learn.

--
Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come
alive... then go do it. Because what the world needs
is people who have come alive. -- Howard Thurman

How did your gallon of TBII go bad? I once thought my TB III had gone
bad, all 3 quarts bottles, Franklin gave me a cure.

Really? That's all you're going to say.

What? You don't know?

If we ever meet, remind me to give you a good twap on the head.
Then, we'll get a beer.

LOL... that's how I made most of my friends.

I heard that all you had to do was smack it onto your work bench. The
shock supposedly fixes the glue. I am not kidding, that's what was
posted here some time ago.

Interesting. I wonder if that's the same for freeze. I've had plenty a
bottle spend a few weeks below freezing and I've always heard that's
pretty bad for it.

Anyone ever get that dark yellow oily stuff on the top of a bottle
that's sat for a long, long, time?

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/1/10 4:16 PM, Leon wrote:
wrote in message
On 10/1/10 7:04 AM, Leon wrote:
"Larry wrote in message

I haven't tried TBIII yet. TBII and Elmer's Carpenter's are working
fine for me. I let an unopened jug of Gorilla poly harden on me, and
lost my very first gallon of TBII. I buy quarts now. Live and learn.

--
Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come
alive... then go do it. Because what the world needs
is people who have come alive. -- Howard Thurman

How did your gallon of TBII go bad? I once thought my TB III had gone
bad, all 3 quarts bottles, Franklin gave me a cure.

Really? That's all you're going to say.

;!)

If the glue starts to "gel" give it several quick whacks against a
stationary object or with the palm of
your hand. If it is still good it will instantly reliquify.

Thanks. I am very intrigued my this.
My initial thought is that it's BS, but I'll be the first to gloat about
it if it works.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/30/2010 2:11 PM, dadiOH wrote:
Leon wrote:
wrote in message
dpb wrote:
Robatoy wrote:

I used Gorilla for an outdoor situation------ what a PITA!!! but
it does stick, holy cow does it ever.

The comparative tests I've seen all have the resorcinal (Gorilla
foaming) results behind the yellow glue...

Unless things have changed, Gorilla glue isn't resorcinol, its
polyurethane, not even close to resorcinol.

Yes Things have changed.

Gorilla is a BRAND name not a type of glue.

http://www.gorillaglue.com/glues.aspx

So which one is resorcinol?

None are. Resorcinol glue is typically marketed as a boat-builder's glue and
not as a woodworking product. Not so much because of its adhesive qualities
(it's _incredibly_ strong, waterproof, and solvent resistant) but because it
has a deep rich burgundy color with a very obvious glue line. It can also be a
bit brittle, as I recall.

--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/1/2010 4:41 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 10/1/10 4:16 PM, Leon wrote:
wrote in message
On 10/1/10 7:04 AM, Leon wrote:
"Larry wrote in message

[...]

As long as the glue isn't too far gone, it does indeed work. Franklin even
outlines this procedure on the back of the TBIII bottle. Don't see it on my
bottle of TBII though...

--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 1, 4:38 pm, wrote:
On 10/1/10 7:04 AM, Leon wrote:

"Larry wrote in message

[...]

Giving a good shake generally solves that problem, But ....

Don't know about you, even the slighted suspicion that a glue is dicey
is enough to send me packing to buy some that's fresh.

Usually have too much work, time and materials in my projects to take a
chance for the piddling price.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/1/10 5:28 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 10/1/2010 4:39 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
Anyone ever get that dark yellow oily stuff on the top of a bottle
that's sat for a long, long, time?

Giving a good shake generally solves that problem, But ....

Don't know about you, even the slighted suspicion that a glue is dicey
is enough to send me packing to buy some that's fresh.

Usually have too much work, time and materials in my projects to take a
chance for the piddling price.

I'm in that boat with you. But I had to get some in a hurry, last time,
and the only bottle (1gal) on the shelf was Elmer's Carpenters and it
had about
a 1/2 cup floating on top. I shook it to death and haven;t had any probs.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

"-MIKE-" wrote in message
On 10/1/10 4:16 PM, Leon wrote:
wrote in message
On 10/1/10 7:04 AM, Leon wrote:
"Larry wrote in message

[...]

I called Frainklin to complain, they told me to do this, and by golly it
worked. apparently this is a normal thing with these type glues. Mine was
like pudding before the trick.