Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Yellow vs White glue

On Oct 1, 6:54*pm, -MIKE- wrote:
On 10/1/10 5:28 PM, Swingman wrote:

On 10/1/2010 4:39 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
Anyone ever get that dark yellow oily stuff on the top of a bottle
that's sat for a long, long, time?

Giving a good shake generally solves that problem, But ....

Don't know about you, even the slighted suspicion that a glue is dicey
is enough to send me packing to buy some that's fresh.

Usually have too much work, time and materials in my projects to take a
chance for the piddling price.

I'm in that boat with you. But I had to get some in a hurry, last time,
and the only bottle (1gal) on the shelf was Elmer's Carpenters and it
had about
a 1/2 cup floating on top. I shook it to death and haven;t had any probs.

--

* -MIKE-

* "Playing is not something I do at night, it's my function in life"
* * *--Elvin Jones *(1927-2004)
* --
*http://mikedrums.com
*
* ---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

....which leaves me wonder if a twap on the head is a fair trade for a
beer......okay, what kinda beer?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/1/10 6:29 PM, Robatoy wrote:
Anyone ever get that dark yellow oily stuff on the top of a bottle
that's sat for a long, long, time?

Giving a good shake generally solves that problem, But ....

Don't know about you, even the slighted suspicion that a glue is dicey
is enough to send me packing to buy some that's fresh.

Usually have too much work, time and materials in my projects to take a
chance for the piddling price.

I'm in that boat with you. But I had to get some in a hurry, last time,
and the only bottle (1gal) on the shelf was Elmer's Carpenters and it
had about
a 1/2 cup floating on top. I shook it to death and haven;t had any probs.

--

-MIKE-

...which leaves me wonder if a twap on the head is a fair trade for a
beer......okay, what kinda beer?

If that's all it took to get a beer, I'd never have to pay. :-)

Right now, I'm particularly fond of Left Hand Milk Stout.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 1, 8:02*pm, -MIKE- wrote:
[...]

It takes a very secure man to put anything with a name like that to
his lips.... or maybe I have I have opened too many wrong windows in
my browser leading to Amsterdam.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/1/10 10:00 PM, Robatoy wrote:
On Oct 1, 8:02 pm, wrote:
...which leaves me wonder if a twap on the head is a fair trade for a
beer......okay, what kinda beer?

If that's all it took to get a beer, I'd never have to pay. :-)

Right now, I'm particularly fond of Left Hand Milk Stout.

It takes a very secure man to put anything with a name like that to
his lips.... or maybe I have I have opened too many wrong windows in
my browser leading to Amsterdam.

I was laughing as I typed the name of that beer. Too....many...jokes.
:-)
You think that one takes someone secure in his manhood, check out my
other favorite...
"Deschutes Black Butte Porter"

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

"-MIKE-" wrote in message
Right now, I'm particularly fond of Left Hand Milk Stout.

"Deschutes Black Butte Porter"

With names like that, I'd hazard a guess you've tried those beers initially
only because they had names like that.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/2/10 5:57 AM, Upscale wrote:
wrote in message
Right now, I'm particularly fond of Left Hand Milk Stout.

"Deschutes Black Butte Porter"

With names like that, I'd hazard a guess you've tried those beers initially
only because they had names like that.

Insert Freudian joke, here. :-)

In general, my first test is if I can see light through the bottle.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--