Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Yellow vs White glue

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Sep 29, 3:23 pm, "Leon" wrote:
"tiredofspam" nospam.nospam.com wrote in message

news
I was in Frank Klauz's shop a few weeks ago and he was using elmers glue.

I have been using titebond yellow, sometimes an elmers dark glue,

I know this is a matter of opinion, but figured I would like to hear the
pros and cons of each.... White PVA vs Yellow Aliphatic.

Some white glues are acutally wood glue. Elmers white glue is not
necessarily a wood glue.

Gorilla makes a White wood glue.

I use the glue that most closely matches the wood color. Light woods,
white
glue, dries clear. Light brown TBII , medium brown, TBIII, dark woods,
dark
glue.

I use this stuff a lot.
http://www.weldbond.com/cabinetmaking

For large lay-ups of laminate, Wilsonart 3000 is incredible. That
stuff is insane.

I do like TBIII a lot too, I like the dark colour for those same
reasons you stated.

I used Gorilla for an outdoor situation------ what a PITA!!! but it
does stick, holy cow does it ever.

OK, let me restate, WHITE gorilla glue, works just like regular yellow eood
glue except it is WHITE. Not a polyurethane glue.