Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Woodworker 2 table saw blade / Opinions?

At a wood show I watched a guy demo. the Woodworker 2 table saw
blade. 10 in, 40 teeth.

Pricey, but It looked like a fantastic blade. Opinions?
Posted to rec.woodworking

KIMOSABE wrote:
At a wood show I watched a guy demo. the Woodworker 2 table saw
blade. 10 in, 40 teeth.

Pricey, but It looked like a fantastic blade. Opinions?

Used one for the last 15 years and am happy with it.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/25/2010 9:34 PM, KIMOSABE wrote:
At a wood show I watched a guy demo. the Woodworker 2 table saw
blade. 10 in, 40 teeth.

Pricey, but It looked like a fantastic blade. Opinions?

If you get a single response saying that the Woodworker II is anything but a
stellar performer, I'll be surprised. I have one and I suspect dozens of
others here do as well. It's worth every penny.

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"KIMOSABE" wrote in message
At a wood show I watched a guy demo. the Woodworker 2 table saw
blade. 10 in, 40 teeth.

Pricey, but It looked like a fantastic blade. Opinions?

I have been using that blade, "regular kerf" for 10+ years. I have two, I
switch them out when one goes back to Forrest for sharpening and bringing
back to factory specs. Wouldn't want to be with out one.

I literally use it for "all" of my fine cuts including all ripping.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/25/2010 9:34 PM, KIMOSABE wrote:
At a wood show I watched a guy demo. the Woodworker 2 table saw
blade. 10 in, 40 teeth.

Pricey, but It looked like a fantastic blade. Opinions?

I have had two for beaucoup years, fixing to buy another, and would not
be without any of them.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 19:34:36 -0700, KIMOSABE wrote:

At a wood show I watched a guy demo. the Woodworker 2 table saw blade.
10 in, 40 teeth.

Pricey, but It looked like a fantastic blade. Opinions?

Great blade. They have one with a "special grind" that cuts a flat kerf
rather than a V. You might like that one even better.

That said, I'm now running the Freud Fusion blade and it seems to be as
good except the last time I looked it wasn't available with a flat kerf.
That may have changed.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I have 2 blades, as well. I use cheap blades (from the Box stores),
for "utility" sawing, on one tablesaw and the WWII blades are used on
my other saw, for fine/finish cutting.

I, also, use the WWII 8" blades on my Sawbuck.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

KIMOSABE wrote:
At a wood show I watched a guy demo. the Woodworker 2 table saw
blade. 10 in, 40 teeth.

Pricey, but It looked like a fantastic blade. Opinions?

WWII's regularly get the best ratings whenever one of the woodworking
magazines does a comparison. I'm sure you'll get nothing but high marks
from the folks here.

I've got 2 and rotate them for sharpenings. I've also got two Forrest
Chopmasters for my SCMS and am equally pleased with them.

~Mark.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 25, 9:34*pm, KIMOSABE wrote:
At a wood show I watched a guy demo. the Woodworker 2 table saw
blade. *10 in, 40 teeth.

Pricey, but It looked like a fantastic blade. *Opinions?

Got one for Christmas this year. Couldn't believe the difference
between that and a Freud glue line rip blade. I'm actually kind of
scared to use it as it gives such a nice cut. Don't want to wear it
out. But when you look at the price of a WW2 versus a Freud it is
worth the money.

Allen
Posted to rec.woodworking

allen476 wrote:
On Aug 25, 9:34 pm, KIMOSABE wrote:
At a wood show I watched a guy demo. the Woodworker 2 table saw
blade. 10 in, 40 teeth.

Pricey, but It looked like a fantastic blade. Opinions?

Got one for Christmas this year. Couldn't believe the difference
between that and a Freud glue line rip blade. I'm actually kind of
scared to use it as it gives such a nice cut. Don't want to wear it
out. But when you look at the price of a WW2 versus a Freud it is
worth the money.

Allen

No need to worry about "wearing it out." Forrest's sharpening/repair
service will re-sharpen it to like new quality and they will replace any
missing/damaged carbide tips as well.

~Mark.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 19:34:36 -0700 (PDT), KIMOSABE
wrote:

At a wood show I watched a guy demo. the Woodworker 2 table saw
blade. 10 in, 40 teeth.

Pricey, but It looked like a fantastic blade. Opinions?

TOp niotch blade. I've had mine 7 yrs and would buy another one.,

-Zz
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 25, 10:34*pm, KIMOSABE wrote:
At a wood show I watched a guy demo. the Woodworker 2 table saw
blade. *10 in, 40 teeth.

Pricey, but It looked like a fantastic blade. *Opinions?

I have a 40T regular kerf WWII blade. It is great. I also have a 40T
regular kerf blade from Ridge Carbide. It is just as good as the WWII
or, perhaps, a tad better. Kinda like "there are Ford men and Chevy
men". Take your pick.

Bill
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/26/2010 3:51 PM, Bill Leonhardt wrote:
On Aug 25, 10:34 pm, wrote:
At a wood show I watched a guy demo. the Woodworker 2 table saw
blade. 10 in, 40 teeth.

Pricey, but It looked like a fantastic blade. Opinions?

I have a 40T regular kerf WWII blade. It is great. I also have a 40T
regular kerf blade from Ridge Carbide. It is just as good as the WWII
or, perhaps, a tad better. Kinda like "there are Ford men and Chevy
men". Take your pick.

My only question would be longevity. My current WWII's have been
sharpened four times a piece over about an 8 year period and are like
new when returned from Forrest.

As that could be a deciding factor, anyone have any experience with
Ridge Carbide in that regard?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
KIMOSABE wrote:
At a wood show I watched a guy demo. the Woodworker 2 table saw
blade. 10 in, 40 teeth.

Pricey, but It looked like a fantastic blade. Opinions?

It is, if not THE best, one of the very best all purpose blades available.
I have used a few others that cut just as well when new, but the WW2 will
continue to make smooth clean cuts when the others would have been ready
for resharpening. BTW, Forrest has a very good resharpening service and
they will sharpen blades from other manufacturers also.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote

My only question would be longevity. My current WWII's have been sharpened
four times a piece over about an 8 year period and are like new when
returned from Forrest.

As that could be a deciding factor, anyone have any experience with Ridge
Carbide in that regard?

I've only had my Ridge Carbide sharpened once so far but I don't see any
reason it could not take multiple sharpening

IMO, the best blades around are the WWII mentioned, the Ridge, and one of
the Infinity. I bought the Ridge at a show and got a good deal with a dado
blade and I've been happy with both..

Posted to rec.woodworking

If you have a contractors saw, get the thin kerf version. I had the
thick kerf version and returned it for a thin kerf version. A world of
difference

Mitch

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 25, 10:34 pm, *wrote:
At a wood show I watched a guy demo. the Woodworker 2 table saw
blade. *10 in, 40 teeth.

Pricey, but It looked like a fantastic blade. *Opinions?

I have a 40T regular kerf WWII blade. *It is great. *I also have a 40T
regular kerf blade from Ridge Carbide. *It is just as good as the WWII
or, perhaps, a tad better. *Kinda like "there are Ford men and Chevy
men". *Take your pick.

My only question would be longevity. My current WWII's have been
sharpened four times a piece over about an 8 year period and are like
new when returned from Forrest.

As that could be a deciding factor, anyone have any experience with
Ridge Carbide in that regard?

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
KarlC@ (the obvious)

Ridge provides sharpening, with a fast turn-around, and the blade
comes back like new.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 26, 12:48*pm, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 19:34:36 -0700, KIMOSABE wrote:
At a wood show I watched a guy demo. theWoodworker2table saw blade.
10 in, 40 teeth.

Pricey, but It looked like a fantastic blade. *Opinions?

Great blade. *They have one with a "special grind" that cuts a flat kerf
rather than a V. *You might like that one even better.

I'm going to get 10" 40 tooth thin kerf. I'd like to get a "special
grind," but I can't find it listed anywhere as such.

http://www.forrestblades.com/woodworker_2.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 28, 8:39*pm, "Irish O'Bama" wrote:
On Aug 26, 12:48*pm, Larry Blanchard wrote: On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 19:34:36 -0700, KIMOSABE wrote:
At a wood show I watched a guy demo. theWoodworker2table saw blade.
10 in, 40 teeth.

Pricey, but It looked like a fantastic blade. *Opinions?

Great blade. *They have one with a "special grind" that cuts a flat kerf
rather than a V. *You might like that one even better.

I'm going to get 10" 40 tooth thin kerf. *I'd like to get a "special
grind," but I can't find it listed anywhere as such.

http://www.forrestblades.com/woodworker_2.htm

I want the same blade. I can't find it either. There's a phone
number on the home page. I'm going to call during the week.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 28 Aug 2010 17:45:30 -0700 (PDT), KIMOSABE
wrote:

On Aug 28, 8:39*pm, "Irish O'Bama" wrote:
On Aug 26, 12:48*pm, Larry Blanchard wrote: On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 19:34:36 -0700, KIMOSABE wrote:
At a wood show I watched a guy demo. theWoodworker2table saw blade.
10 in, 40 teeth.

Pricey, but It looked like a fantastic blade. *Opinions?

Great blade. *They have one with a "special grind" that cuts a flat kerf
rather than a V. *You might like that one even better.

I'm going to get 10" 40 tooth thin kerf. *I'd like to get a "special
grind," but I can't find it listed anywhere as such.

http://www.forrestblades.com/woodworker_2.htm

I want the same blade. I can't find it either. There's a phone
number on the home page. I'm going to call during the week.

You can get them directly from Forrest (WW10401125 - $124.20):

http://www.forrestblades.com/woodworker_2.htm#custom
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 28 Aug 2010 17:39:22 -0700 (PDT), "Irish O'Bama"
wrote:

On Aug 26, 12:48*pm, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 19:34:36 -0700, KIMOSABE wrote:
At a wood show I watched a guy demo. theWoodworker2table saw blade.
10 in, 40 teeth.

Pricey, but It looked like a fantastic blade. *Opinions?

Great blade. *They have one with a "special grind" that cuts a flat kerf
rather than a V. *You might like that one even better.

I'm going to get 10" 40 tooth thin kerf. I'd like to get a "special
grind," but I can't find it listed anywhere as such.

http://www.forrestblades.com/woodworker_2.htm

Yeah, I don't know if there is a thin kerf #6 grind. The normal kerf
#6 grind is on their "custom blades" page:

http://www.forrestblades.com/woodworker_2.htm#custom

The #6 grind is not perfectly flat; there will be a small "ear" on
each side of the kerf.

The #1 grind is even more "special" in that the kerf is perfectly
flat, but I believe it is not suitable for use as a general purpose
blade.

You can get a better price for the Forrest WWII here
http://www.forrestwoodworkerii.com/

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On Aug 26, 12:48*pm, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 19:34:36 -0700, KIMOSABE wrote:
At a wood show I watched a guy demo. theWoodworker2table saw blade.
10 in, 40 teeth.

Pricey, but It looked like a fantastic blade. *Opinions?

Great blade. *They have one with a "special grind" that cuts a flat kerf
rather than a V. *You might like that one even better.

I'm going to get 10" 40 tooth thin kerf. I'd like to get a "special
grind," but I can't find it listed anywhere as such.

http://www.forrestblades.com/woodworker_2.htm

Here's my favorite blade: http://fwd4.me/bJn After 3 uses (when
they're dull) you can turn them into lovely, quaint wall clocks.

gd&r

--
If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do,
we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On Aug 26, 12:48 pm, Larry wrote:
On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 19:34:36 -0700, KIMOSABE wrote:
At a wood show I watched a guy demo. theWoodworker2table saw blade.
10 in, 40 teeth.

Pricey, but It looked like a fantastic blade. Opinions?

Great blade. They have one with a "special grind" that cuts a flat kerf
rather than a V. You might like that one even better.

I'm going to get 10" 40 tooth thin kerf. I'd like to get a "special
grind," but I can't find it listed anywhere as such.

http://www.forrestblades.com/woodworker_2.htm

Here's my favorite blade: http://fwd4.me/bJn After 3 uses (when
they're dull) you can turn them into lovely, quaint wall clocks.

"Dull" meaning "after a few of the teeth fly off at the most inopportune time"?
At that price I think I'd be afraid to even fire that blade up...

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/28/10 9:44 PM, Steve Turner wrote:
Here's my favorite blade: http://fwd4.me/bJn After 3 uses (when
they're dull) you can turn them into lovely, quaint wall clocks.

"Dull" meaning "after a few of the teeth fly off at the most inopportune
time"? At that price I think I'd be afraid to even fire that blade up...

"C2 tungsten carbide"

C2? Isn't Rosewood harder than C2? :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

"-MIKE-" wrote in message
On 8/28/10 9:44 PM, Steve Turner wrote:
Here's my favorite blade: http://fwd4.me/bJn After 3 uses (when
they're dull) you can turn them into lovely, quaint wall clocks.

"Dull" meaning "after a few of the teeth fly off at the most inopportune
time"? At that price I think I'd be afraid to even fire that blade up...

"C2 tungsten carbide"

C2? Isn't Rosewood harder than C2? :-)

Maybe, but the blade is on sale. Did you see the fantastic price reduction.
List price is $8.00, on sale for $7.97 What a bargain

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 00:13:21 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

"-MIKE-" wrote in message
On 8/28/10 9:44 PM, Steve Turner wrote:
Here's my favorite blade: http://fwd4.me/bJn After 3 uses (when
they're dull) you can turn them into lovely, quaint wall clocks.

"Dull" meaning "after a few of the teeth fly off at the most inopportune
time"? At that price I think I'd be afraid to even fire that blade up...

"C2 tungsten carbide"

C2? Isn't Rosewood harder than C2? :-)

Maybe, but the blade is on sale. Did you see the fantastic price reduction.
List price is $8.00, on sale for $7.97 What a bargain

But they don't make them to fit a Festeringtool.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 28, 9:24*pm, Jim Weisgram
wrote:

You can get a better price for the Forrest WWII here http://www.forrestwoodworkerii.com/

$25 off on a $114 item is a big savings. Thanks for posting.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On Aug 26, 12:48 pm, Larry wrote:
On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 19:34:36 -0700, KIMOSABE wrote:
At a wood show I watched a guy demo. theWoodworker2table saw blade.
10 in, 40 teeth.

Pricey, but It looked like a fantastic blade. Opinions?

Great blade. They have one with a "special grind" that cuts a flat kerf
rather than a V. You might like that one even better.
I'm going to get 10" 40 tooth thin kerf. I'd like to get a "special
grind," but I can't find it listed anywhere as such.

http://www.forrestblades.com/woodworker_2.htm

Here's my favorite blade: http://fwd4.me/bJn After 3 uses (when
they're dull) you can turn them into lovely, quaint wall clocks.

"Dull" meaning "after a few of the teeth fly off at the most inopportune time"?
At that price I think I'd be afraid to even fire that blade up...

Nah, they're actually fairly good blades. I've run through 4 or 5 in
the past decade and nary a tooth has gone missing on me. Oh, I've had
a couple more on a Delta miter saw. Make that 7. They're cheaper to
buy than having a better blade sharpened.

Some day I'll buy a real saw blade, but these are OK until then.

--
If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do,
we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we
cannot do. -- Samuel Butler
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On Aug 26, 12:48*pm, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 19:34:36 -0700, KIMOSABE wrote:
At a wood show I watched a guy demo. theWoodworker2table saw blade.
10 in, 40 teeth.

Pricey, but It looked like a fantastic blade. *Opinions?

Great blade. *They have one with a "special grind" that cuts a flat kerf
rather than a V. *You might like that one even better.

I'm going to get 10" 40 tooth thin kerf. I'd like to get a "special
grind," but I can't find it listed anywhere as such.

http://www.forrestblades.com/woodworker_2.htm

I just got back from a tour of the woodworking stores in Atlanta (on business
there this morning). Woodcraft had the WW-II #1 grind in the store. They
don't show it online, but they had one in stock (and four of five of the
standard grind models).