Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill Leonhardt[_2_] Bill Leonhardt[_2_] is offline

Default Woodworker 2 table saw blade / Opinions?

On Aug 26, 5:11*pm, Swingman wrote:
On 8/26/2010 3:51 PM, Bill Leonhardt wrote:

On Aug 25, 10:34 pm, *wrote:
At a wood show I watched a guy demo. the Woodworker 2 table saw
blade. *10 in, 40 teeth.

Pricey, but It looked like a fantastic blade. *Opinions?

I have a 40T regular kerf WWII blade. *It is great. *I also have a 40T
regular kerf blade from Ridge Carbide. *It is just as good as the WWII
or, perhaps, a tad better. *Kinda like "there are Ford men and Chevy
men". *Take your pick.

My only question would be longevity. My current WWII's have been
sharpened four times a piece over about an 8 year period and are like
new when returned from Forrest.

As that could be a deciding factor, anyone have any experience with
Ridge Carbide in that regard?

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
KarlC@ (the obvious)

Ridge provides sharpening, with a fast turn-around, and the blade
comes back like new.