Posted to rec.woodworking
Jim Weisgram[_2_] Jim Weisgram[_2_] is offline

Default Woodworker 2 table saw blade / Opinions?

On Sat, 28 Aug 2010 17:39:22 -0700 (PDT), "Irish O'Bama"
wrote:

On Aug 26, 12:48*pm, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 19:34:36 -0700, KIMOSABE wrote:
At a wood show I watched a guy demo. theWoodworker2table saw blade.
10 in, 40 teeth.

Pricey, but It looked like a fantastic blade. *Opinions?

Great blade. *They have one with a "special grind" that cuts a flat kerf
rather than a V. *You might like that one even better.

I'm going to get 10" 40 tooth thin kerf. I'd like to get a "special
grind," but I can't find it listed anywhere as such.

http://www.forrestblades.com/woodworker_2.htm

Yeah, I don't know if there is a thin kerf #6 grind. The normal kerf
#6 grind is on their "custom blades" page:

http://www.forrestblades.com/woodworker_2.htm#custom

The #6 grind is not perfectly flat; there will be a small "ear" on
each side of the kerf.

The #1 grind is even more "special" in that the kerf is perfectly
flat, but I believe it is not suitable for use as a general purpose
blade.

You can get a better price for the Forrest WWII here
http://www.forrestwoodworkerii.com/