Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default SEMI OT - Finally found the 'ultimate' pickup of my dreams

This covers all my vehicle needs perfectly - basic transportation,
wood hauling, etc.
http://www.lilligren.com/Redneck/ima...eck_limo_4.jpg

JOAT
What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new
humiliations?
- Peter Egan

Posted to rec.woodworking

"J T" wrote in message
This covers all my vehicle needs perfectly - basic transportation,
wood hauling, etc.
http://www.lilligren.com/Redneck/ima...eck_limo_4.jpg

Why not something like this truck:

http://www.watersheep.org.uk/images/...ures/Truck.jpg

Posted to rec.woodworking

(J T) wrote in news:23607-46F178A2-927@storefull-
3332.bay.webtv.net:

This covers all my vehicle needs perfectly - basic transportation,
wood hauling, etc.
http://www.lilligren.com/Redneck/ima...eck_limo_4.jpg

Add a coat of yellow gloss. And maybe a bumper in the rear. With one of
those nasty trailer hitches that hang out the back to spear rice rockets.

Patriarch
Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Wed, Sep 19, 2007, 12:52pm (EDT-3) (Dan*Coby)
doth query:
Why not something like this truck:
http://www.watersheep.org.uk/images/...ures/Truck.jpg

Because it can't be licensed for the street.

JOAT
What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new
humiliations?
- Peter Egan

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 19, 5:06 pm, Patriarch wrote:
(J T) wrote innews:23607-46F178A2-927@storefull-
3332.bay.webtv.net:

This covers all my vehicle needs perfectly - basic transportation,
wood hauling, etc.
http://www.lilligren.com/Redneck/ima...eck_limo_4.jpg

Add a coat of yellow gloss. And maybe a bumper in the rear. With one of
those nasty trailer hitches that hang out the back to spear rice rockets.

Patriarch

The yellow gloss would help me stay away from that hitch.

Personally, I love riding a 600 pound pony with 150 horses.
Problem is, that an idiot, who doesn't quite shave yet, and still
says: Dooooode!!!", barely 16, can ride one of those crotch rockets.
It is NOT the guy with the 976 Duc...

On the up side.... MANY people's lives are saved by donors who thought
they could out-run that locomotive.
It is not the gun, bike, small plane.....
No offense, Barry, but you guys seldom leave anything useful at the
scene. *G*.

I'm a bit giddy. My oldest daughter (27) is getting married on
Saturday....to a most incredibly wonderful guy.... an English
major..who'da thunk it?

r------ who thinks life is pretty good these days.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"J T" wrote in message
Wed, Sep 19, 2007, 12:52pm (EDT-3) (Dan Coby)
doth query:
Why not something like this truck:
http://www.watersheep.org.uk/images/...ures/Truck.jpg

Because it can't be licensed for the street.

I'd like to see you try to pull him over and tell him.

B.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Buddy Matlosz wrote:
"J T" wrote in message
Wed, Sep 19, 2007, 12:52pm (EDT-3) (Dan Coby)
doth query:
Why not something like this truck:
http://www.watersheep.org.uk/images/...ures/Truck.jpg

Because it can't be licensed for the street.

I'd like to see you try to pull him over and tell him.

He'll run into something he can't go under or through eventually.
Those things are _huge_--won't go under most underpasses or through
most tunnels or down many two lane streets between buildings.

If you've never seen one up close and personal, they're something to
see. I've got a whole bunch of pictures of this one
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1126/...46507ee6_b.jpg that I
need to put up--it's no longer in service, it's now an ornament in a
park in Fermont, QC. The hubs of the wheels are at about eye level.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to rec.woodworking

on 9/19/2007 7:49 PM Buddy Matlosz said the following:
"J T" wrote in message
Wed, Sep 19, 2007, 12:52pm (EDT-3) (Dan Coby)
doth query:
Why not something like this truck:
http://www.watersheep.org.uk/images/...ures/Truck.jpg

Because it can't be licensed for the street.

I'd like to see you try to pull him over and tell him.

B.

What's the gas mileage?

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote in
ps.com:

On Sep 19, 5:06 pm, Patriarch wrote:
(J T) wrote
innews:23607-46F178A2-927@storefull- 3332.bay.webtv.net:

This covers all my vehicle needs perfectly - basic
transportation,
wood hauling, etc.
http://www.lilligren.com/Redneck/ima...eck_limo_4.jpg

Add a coat of yellow gloss. And maybe a bumper in the rear. With
one of those nasty trailer hitches that hang out the back to spear
rice rockets.

Patriarch

The yellow gloss would help me stay away from that hitch.

Personally, I love riding a 600 pound pony with 150 horses.
Problem is, that an idiot, who doesn't quite shave yet, and still
says: Dooooode!!!", barely 16, can ride one of those crotch rockets.
It is NOT the guy with the 976 Duc...

The fuzzy headed fellow who, at age 17, whacked into my sons at 45 mph,
driving an old Volvo tank, and put the back bumper into the back seat,
and all walked away... I know the type.

On the up side.... MANY people's lives are saved by donors who thought
they could out-run that locomotive.
It is not the gun, bike, small plane.....
No offense, Barry, but you guys seldom leave anything useful at the
scene. *G*.

I feel the same way. My mother was an RN.

I'm a bit giddy. My oldest daughter (27) is getting married on
Saturday....to a most incredibly wonderful guy.... an English
major..who'da thunk it?

Major congratulations!

r------ who thinks life is pretty good these days.

Patriarch, who agrees. The new granddaughter is two weeks old today.
Posted to rec.woodworking

on 9/19/2007 11:28 PM Patriarch said the following:
Robatoy wrote in
ps.com:

[...]

Well, you had better improve your English before talking to him. 'Who'da
thunk it"? :-)

Major congratulations!

r------ who thinks life is pretty good these days.

Patriarch, who agrees. The new granddaughter is two weeks old today.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 15:02:45 -0700, Robatoy
wrote:

On Sep 19, 5:06 pm, Patriarch wrote:
(J T) wrote innews:23607-46F178A2-927@storefull-
3332.bay.webtv.net:

I'm a bit giddy. My oldest daughter (27) is getting married on
Saturday....to a most incredibly wonderful guy.... an English
major..who'da thunk it?

r------ who thinks life is pretty good these days.

I have a son-in-law who is an English major he's a very nice guy (If
he makes my little girl happy, he must be doing something right ;-)
The other son-in-law has a degree in aerospace engineering - and he
also is a very nice guy.

John

Connection to wood: both daughters contributed gift cards toward the
purchase of my table saw...
Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:

| I'm a bit giddy. My oldest daughter (27) is getting married on
| Saturday....to a most incredibly wonderful guy.... an English
| major..who'da thunk it?

Congratulations!

Does that mean she'll become an east-ponder?

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking

willshak wrote in
:

*trim*

Well, you had better improve your English before talking to him.
'Who'da thunk it"? :-)

*trim*

Nowadays, English isn't about nouns, verbs, and silly bulls. They quit
that stuff when I was in 7th grade. It's Literature acadamia's
interested in. "Improper" language is ok by them! (See "silly bulls")

If a Usenet post isn't great literature, I don't know what is.

Puckdropper

Posted to rec.woodworking

"J T" wrote in message
Wed, Sep 19, 2007, 12:52pm (EDT-3) (Dan Coby)
doth query:
Why not something like this truck:
http://www.watersheep.org.uk/images/...ures/Truck.jpg

Because it can't be licensed for the street.

I'd like to see you try to pull him over and tell him.

B.

What's the gas mileage?

That would depend on whether it's loaded or not. With 150+ tons of
ore on board it gets a lot less mileage than it does empty.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

J T wrote:
This covers all my vehicle needs perfectly - basic transportation,
wood hauling, etc.

Little short on the wood hauling it looks like...appears to still be
only 8-ft bed length...

Why am I thinking "day labor" here...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 20, 6:26 pm, (J T) wrote:

My personal thought is, a junkyard guy with time on his hands.
Actually, looks like an excellent airport limo. There's people I know
who would love renting this as a wedding limo - me included. Maybe an
inexpensiv church or activity bus. Or maybe just someone with more
family than money. On reflection, I think I may rather speculate, than
to actually know, why it was made. Another thought, enough seats so
each kid can have their own sead, and won't ght so much - now that one
sounds like a winner.

It reminds me of a day a couple years ago, sitting in a friend's yard
waiting for paint to dry (lacquer, really). He lives next to the route
460 bypass with a three lane turn off. Big ol' limo making the turn.
Or trying to. I doubt this was an airport limo. It looked much more
like the silly transport kids use at proms. It took the guy three
tries, two more tries than your average 18 wheeler, to navigate the
turn onto the entrance. We were laughing so hard we spilled our
coffee.

I recall being able to borrow a NEW car for my senior prom. A Nash
Metropolitan. But, as my old man said, "What's a senior prom."

Posted to rec.woodworking

"J T" wrote in message
Wed, Sep 19, 2007, 12:52pm (EDT-3) (Dan Coby)
doth query:
Why not something like this truck:
http://www.watersheep.org.uk/images/...ures/Truck.jpg

Because it can't be licensed for the street.

JOAT
What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new
humiliations?
- Peter Egan

Mebe so, but at least it can handle a load of trusses - OP unit
cain't.....

(smirk)