Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default SEMI OT - Finally found the 'ultimate' pickup of my dreams

J T wrote:
Thu, Sep 20, 2007, 9:33am (EDT-1) (dpb) doth mumble:
Little short on the wood hauling it looks like...appears to still be
only 8-ft bed length...
Why am I thinking "day labor" here...

Oh, com on. Use some basic imagination. ...

I was only commenting on the current configuration, not what it could
become...

Actually, it looks like a damned fine job of the modification...

Don't have a clue of what the purpose really is, but from the
body-hauling capacity, one must assume its primarily for migrant farm
hands or similar.

For hauling, removing one cab section and inserting a shortbed bed
section in its place would give a 14-ft bed, just about right for those
runs to the sawmill...