Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default SEMI OT - Finally found the 'ultimate' pickup of my dreams

Thu, Sep 20, 2007, 1:58pm (EDT-1) (dpb) doth sayeth:
I was only commenting on the current configuration, not what it could
become...
Actually, it looks like a damned fine job of the modification...
Don't have a clue of what the purpose really is, but from the
body-hauling capacity, one must assume its primarily for migrant farm
hands or similar.
For hauling, removing one cab section and inserting a shortbed bed
section in its place would give a 14-ft bed, just about right for those
runs to the sawmill...

My personal thought is, a junkyard guy with time on his hands.
Actually, looks like an excellent airport limo. There's people I know
who would love renting this as a wedding limo - me included. Maybe an
inexpensiv church or activity bus. Or maybe just someone with more
family than money. On reflection, I think I may rather speculate, than
to actually know, why it was made. Another thought, enough seats so
each kid can have their own sead, and won't ght so much - now that one
sounds like a winner.

JOAT
What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new
humiliations?
- Peter Egan