Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default SEMI OT - Finally found the 'ultimate' pickup of my dreams

Buddy Matlosz wrote:
"J T" wrote in message
Wed, Sep 19, 2007, 12:52pm (EDT-3) (Dan Coby)
doth query:
Why not something like this truck:
http://www.watersheep.org.uk/images/...ures/Truck.jpg

Because it can't be licensed for the street.

I'd like to see you try to pull him over and tell him.

He'll run into something he can't go under or through eventually.
Those things are _huge_--won't go under most underpasses or through
most tunnels or down many two lane streets between buildings.

If you've never seen one up close and personal, they're something to
see. I've got a whole bunch of pictures of this one
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1126/...46507ee6_b.jpg that I
need to put up--it's no longer in service, it's now an ornament in a
park in Fermont, QC. The hubs of the wheels are at about eye level.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)