Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Lee is offline

Default JT as usual

As usual JT comes across with some interesting plans.
Thanks and keep them coming

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Lee is offline

"
As usual no sacrifices from you for the Woodworking Gods. Ya
heathen.

Well that's a bit better than I am accustomed to be called )

JOAT
It was too early in the morning for it to be early in the morning. That
was the only thing that he currently knew for sure.
- Clodpool

Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Mon, Mar 5, 2007, 10:37pm (tom*watson) sorh sayeth:
Y'all must be about an E10.
Smartest man I ever personally met was a lifer Marine E-9.
I've met about two Colonels who were nearly as smart as him.
I've met a half dozen generals who did not even come close.
The military creates rank and ****es on wisdom.
It's a good system, really.

Not quite E-10. One of the Sergeantss Major of the Army once asked
me if I was happy - so I told hi. In detail. He wasn't happy. LOL
Nor were a batch of other people.

One of the more intelligent people I have ever met was an Army E-9.
Very nice person.

Of the officers, a major when I first met him, Lieutenent colonel
next time - he could fly anything the Army had, most of what the Air
Force had, just couldn't spell worth a damn. Great guy too.

One of the more inteligent was an E-5 in an engineer platoon. I
believe he had 7 (seven) degrees. He purposely enlisted as an engineer
because he wanted to be out in the fresh air and exercise. Very nice
guy.

Another was an E=6, this one had at least 5 degrees. Get him just
drunk enough and he would recite poetry for hours. Good poetry too.
The Viking saga type. He'd been drafted, sent to Nam and found out he
liked shooting at people, so he stayed in. Also a very nice guy.

One lieutenant colonal, chemical corps, was right up there for the
most intelligent guy I've ever met. Came from Puerto Rico I believe,
pretty thick accent. This guy loved writing reports with words the rest
of the officers had to look up in the dictionary. This guy never had to
look any of them up, and always spelled them right. Almost went berserk
when anyone tured the chemical corps symbol on the front of his desk
side down. Except for that he was a great guy.

One of the least intelligent persons I ever met, witha really lousy
personality too, was a second Lieutenant who got dumped on us in
Germany. He told me one day he was smarter than any enlisted man -
because he was an officer. The guy must have cheated to get thru
school, there's no way he could have done it any other way. Can you say
complete ass?

And then there's my younger son. You' never guess it from looking
at him or listening to him, but I suspect he could well be up there with
the most brilliant people I have ever met. And then there's days I just
wonder.

General is more a political rank rather than military. Few of
those I've met really impressed me a whole lot as brain trusts.

JOAT
It was too early in the morning for it to be early in the morning. That
was the only thing that he currently knew for sure.
- Clodpool

Posted to rec.woodworking

"J T" wrote in message
So be sure to start
sending him your e-mails as soon as possible.

Thaks Ed. I owe ya one.

Glad to help. You are so popular, I've received thousands so far, but I've
whittled it down to only about 1500 to forward to you. Keep an eye on the
inbox.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 13:12:55 -0500, (J T)
wrote:

Wed, Mar 7, 2007, 8:57am
(Dave*Hall) doth sayeth:
Just make sure that you copy JOAT on all of these emails so that he can
check up on how well Edwin is doing with the assignment. Joat needs
tomake sure that Edwin doesn't filter out all of the truly interesting
emails that we send to JOAT and that Edwin doesn't keep all of our
generous offerings to the woodworking gods to himself.

Ed. I have total faith in your abilities. But this distrust on
Dave's part, hurts me. So in the future, just refer any and all
correspondence to Dave to screen. Obviously he has no faith in you. So
we'll just put it on him, and we'll see how well HE does.

And Dave, that's Woodworking Gods, with a capital W and a capital
G. They're definitely going to be keeping an eye on you. OK everyone,
send Dave at least one e-mail each, even if it's just to say hi. And
any sacrifices that are forwarded for the Woodworking Gods will be
acknowledged by me here, so we'll be able to see quite quickly if he's
holding back on sacrifices.

JOAT
It was too early in the morning for it to be early in the morning. That
was the only thing that he currently knew for sure.
- Clodpool

So, JOAT, what's that email addy again. I think I can set an auto
redirect to ensure that you get copies of my copies...

BTW my apologies to the the Woodworking Gods... I certainly would not
have purposely demeaned their high standing... especially at my skill
level, I need all the Godly intervention I can get.

Dave Hall
Posted to rec.woodworking

As it is written, so shall it be done. * * * (see exception clause
below)

Mon, Mar 5, 2007, 11:37am (EST-2) (Steve) who doth
burble a batch of BS that was snipped.

You cold have at least had the courtesy to label this off-topic.
And this is hardly the proper newsgroup, don'tcha think?

I figure the global warming is cause by all thethane generated
from all the bull **** posts about global warming. Ya little troll.

I guess it's okay for some to post off topic and not others!!

Personally, I don't really care and will continue to do so, if the
shoe fits. I find that a little levity in every discussion group
provides for a more meaningful understanding of those that you are
communicating with. It's called getting to know someone.

Just on the Global Warming threads alone, I have learned that there
are some pretty danged smart guys in here and some have a healthy dose
of liberalism in their soul (I won't hold that against them, not
everyone is perfect.)

Of course I had no difficulty whatsoever in determining that your post
was off topic and the pot certainly won't call the kettle black!!

Have a nice day and may the FARCE be with you!!

* * * (except for JOAT)

On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 18:16:05 -0500,
(J T)
trolled:

[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

Your do as I say, not as I do mentality is quite boring to say the
least. Maybe one of these days...........no probably one of these
years you'll slip out from behind those rose colored lenses, and
believe me Sweet Cheeks, I won't be holding my breath waiting for you!

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 21:02:36 -0500, (J T)
wrote:

Wed, Mar 7, 2007, 4:59pm (EST-2)
(Steve) doth
burbe:
I guess it's okay for some to post off topic and not others!!
Personally, I don't really care snip

You're ****ing the point there Stevie. It's courteous to say a
post is off-topic. And, yeah, we can see you don't care - you can't
even respond to a thread IN the thread, You have a nice next life
Buttercup.

JOAT
It was too early in the morning for it to be early in the morning. That
was the only thing that he currently knew for sure.
- Clodpool

Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Wed, Mar 7, 2007, 9:32pm (tom*watson) doty sayeth:
Now, there is a difference between the USA and USMC. There is only one
Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps at any given time. He has three up
and four down, two stars and the Globe and Anchor. He is the senior
enlisted advisor to the Commandant of the Marine Corps. I believe that
this indicates the understanding of the Corps that they run on the
abilities of their non-coms.
I'd like to be privy to that man's conversations with his boss, these
days.

Yep, same, the Army only has just one Sergeant Major of the Army at
a time. I was taling about one of them.

I was oversea, and he was on a worldwide inspection tour or
something. Let's just say I was not exactly say a happy person in a
canvas house on that particular assignment. I had originally inteneded
to just tell him about my discontent, but my boss talked me out of it.
OK, I decided to just keep shot, no prob. Things were going along just
fine, he was shaking hands, salying "How are you?", and moving along.
No prob, I could live with that. Then he made a major mistake. He got
to me, shook my hand, and asked me how I was enjoying my tour. You
couldn't have stopped me then without shooting me with an invitation
like that. I told him. In detail. He had a very stunned look on his
face, but didn't say a word, and moved on to the next person. Hey, he
asked. Ah, great times with great guys. Gee, do you think that had
anyting to do with me never getting another promotion? LMAO There
were terrorist problems at the time, but the command was telling people
hey should bring their families along, and the streets were safe to walk
any time, day or night. Among other "incidents", couple of our military
were gunned down in broad dayight about a block and a half from where I
lived. According to reports, the gunman used a subgun from a vehicle,
then got out and was going to put another burst into them, but his gun
jammed. But it was safe to walk the streets, because the command said
so. Sadly, when I left, I was told they were still telling people to
bring their families.

JOAT
It was too early in the morning for it to be early in the morning. That
was the only thing that he currently knew for sure.
- Clodpool

Water not as hot as usual ashroyer Home Repair 2 March 4th 06 02:09 PM
Usual water filter rootep Home Repair 2 January 20th 06 07:38 AM
Usual water filter rootep Home Ownership 2 January 20th 06 02:03 AM
Toilet Overflow - not the usual reasons... Joe Home Repair 3 December 21st 05 02:44 PM
Not the usual SDS question PM UK diy 11 July 9th 03 12:29 PM