Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default JT as usual

Mon, Mar 5, 2007, 10:37pm (tom*watson) sorh sayeth:
Y'all must be about an E10.
Smartest man I ever personally met was a lifer Marine E-9.
I've met about two Colonels who were nearly as smart as him.
I've met a half dozen generals who did not even come close.
The military creates rank and ****es on wisdom.
It's a good system, really.

Not quite E-10. One of the Sergeantss Major of the Army once asked
me if I was happy - so I told hi. In detail. He wasn't happy. LOL
Nor were a batch of other people.

One of the more intelligent people I have ever met was an Army E-9.
Very nice person.

Of the officers, a major when I first met him, Lieutenent colonel
next time - he could fly anything the Army had, most of what the Air
Force had, just couldn't spell worth a damn. Great guy too.

One of the more inteligent was an E-5 in an engineer platoon. I
believe he had 7 (seven) degrees. He purposely enlisted as an engineer
because he wanted to be out in the fresh air and exercise. Very nice
guy.

Another was an E=6, this one had at least 5 degrees. Get him just
drunk enough and he would recite poetry for hours. Good poetry too.
The Viking saga type. He'd been drafted, sent to Nam and found out he
liked shooting at people, so he stayed in. Also a very nice guy.

One lieutenant colonal, chemical corps, was right up there for the
most intelligent guy I've ever met. Came from Puerto Rico I believe,
pretty thick accent. This guy loved writing reports with words the rest
of the officers had to look up in the dictionary. This guy never had to
look any of them up, and always spelled them right. Almost went berserk
when anyone tured the chemical corps symbol on the front of his desk
side down. Except for that he was a great guy.

One of the least intelligent persons I ever met, witha really lousy
personality too, was a second Lieutenant who got dumped on us in
Germany. He told me one day he was smarter than any enlisted man -
because he was an officer. The guy must have cheated to get thru
school, there's no way he could have done it any other way. Can you say
complete ass?

And then there's my younger son. You' never guess it from looking
at him or listening to him, but I suspect he could well be up there with
the most brilliant people I have ever met. And then there's days I just
wonder.

General is more a political rank rather than military. Few of
those I've met really impressed me a whole lot as brain trusts.

JOAT
It was too early in the morning for it to be early in the morning. That
was the only thing that he currently knew for sure.
- Clodpool