Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Watson Tom Watson is offline

Default JT as usual

On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 18:16:05 -0500, (J T)
wrote:

Mon, Mar 5, 2007, 10:37pm
(tom*watson) sorh sayeth:
Y'all must be about an E10.
Smartest man I ever personally met was a lifer Marine E-9.
I've met about two Colonels who were nearly as smart as him.
I've met a half dozen generals who did not even come close.
The military creates rank and ****es on wisdom.
It's a good system, really.

Not quite E-10. One of the Sergeantss Major of the Army once asked
me if I was happy - so I told hi. In detail. He wasn't happy. LOL
Nor were a batch of other people.

Now, there is a difference between the USA and USMC. There is only
one Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps at any given time. He has
three up and four down, two stars and the Globe and Anchor. He is the
senior enlisted advisor to the Commandant of the Marine Corps. I
believe that this indicates the understanding of the Corps that they
run on the abilities of their non-coms.

I'd like to be privy to that man's conversations with his boss, these
days.