Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default JT as usual

Wed, Mar 7, 2007, 9:32pm (tom*watson) doty sayeth:
Now, there is a difference between the USA and USMC. There is only one
Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps at any given time. He has three up
and four down, two stars and the Globe and Anchor. He is the senior
enlisted advisor to the Commandant of the Marine Corps. I believe that
this indicates the understanding of the Corps that they run on the
abilities of their non-coms.
I'd like to be privy to that man's conversations with his boss, these
days.

Yep, same, the Army only has just one Sergeant Major of the Army at
a time. I was taling about one of them.

I was oversea, and he was on a worldwide inspection tour or
something. Let's just say I was not exactly say a happy person in a
canvas house on that particular assignment. I had originally inteneded
to just tell him about my discontent, but my boss talked me out of it.
OK, I decided to just keep shot, no prob. Things were going along just
fine, he was shaking hands, salying "How are you?", and moving along.
No prob, I could live with that. Then he made a major mistake. He got
to me, shook my hand, and asked me how I was enjoying my tour. You
couldn't have stopped me then without shooting me with an invitation
like that. I told him. In detail. He had a very stunned look on his
face, but didn't say a word, and moved on to the next person. Hey, he
asked. Ah, great times with great guys. Gee, do you think that had
anyting to do with me never getting another promotion? LMAO There
were terrorist problems at the time, but the command was telling people
hey should bring their families along, and the streets were safe to walk
any time, day or night. Among other "incidents", couple of our military
were gunned down in broad dayight about a block and a half from where I
lived. According to reports, the gunman used a subgun from a vehicle,
then got out and was going to put another burst into them, but his gun
jammed. But it was safe to walk the streets, because the command said
so. Sadly, when I left, I was told they were still telling people to
bring their families.

JOAT
It was too early in the morning for it to be early in the morning. That
was the only thing that he currently knew for sure.
- Clodpool