Posted to rec.woodworking

Default I am pretty ****ed at UPS right now.

SFWIW, the weather has logistics screwed up all over the US these past
couple of days.

A couple of feet of snow can do thatG.

Lew
Posted to rec.woodworking

SFWIW, on more than one occasion, I've had UPS hold the shipment for my
pickup.

Sometimes it requires a little negotiation to get the package to a point
in the system where you can actually get your hands on it.

getting to UPS is a long ways away here in Portland. not practical at
all for me. but it was the bull about attempting the delivery that got
me.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Steve knight" wrote in message

SFWIW, on more than one occasion, I've had UPS hold the shipment for my
pickup.

Sometimes it requires a little negotiation to get the package to a point
in the system where you can actually get your hands on it.

getting to UPS is a long ways away here in Portland. not practical at
all for me. but it was the bull about attempting the delivery that got
me.

Holiday season, lots of sub drivers and temps, some of whom don't know the
routes. Though only we who comment here are perfect, one of them,
vulnerable to error, might have attempted delivery elsewhere, left the
little tag and all.

I suppose inventory control is the best answer, especially when shipping
crunches happen regularly this time of year.

Fortunately I never had to stretch the truth to mollify an irate customer,
hope you don't ever have to either.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 23:30:20 -0800, Steve knight wrote:

On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 00:27:36 -0600, ()

Steve, I know it is often difficult to get a vendor to use a different
shipper than the one they normally do. As a long time USPS employee, I
hope that you ship your own products by US Mail!

usualy it has not been an issue. but it is like they just choose not
to deliver it and claimed they attempted it. no little tag was left so
I know they did not try.
we had a bad weather scare (here in portland school as been canceled
with a future weather report that never happened) so UPS sent the
loaders home. so when the bad weatehr did not happen the drivers had
to load their own trucks. so when the package did not make it I check
and the claim was a bad address. but the address was right and I had
gotten other packages from the same company.

More likely they had a new driver who tried to deliver it to the wrong
address. I've had that happen more than once, with both UPS and FedEx.
And one time I sent a birthday card to my GF, at the same address where
she had been living since she was a little kid, which Amazon found the
same day with no trouble, that came back from the Postal Service marked
"address unknown".

You do enough shipping or receiving and you come to realize that some
packages are going to go astray.

so if UPS gets behind do they now make up a lie and not deliver the
package? thats what it seems like.
usualy I have not had much of any issues with UPS. but this seems
like they just chose not to even try.
I ship pretty much all my planes priority mail (G) atleast the post
office delivers 6 days a week.
though I have had mail carriers too lazy to come up for a certified
letter.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

Posted to rec.woodworking

Problems with the shipper are usually the sender's issue, since they
contracted with the shipper for a specific delivery schedule. Have
you tried contacting the sender? Perhaps you could request a rebate
of the shipping costs, since the shipper did not honor their contract.
That also sends a message to the sender about the quality of their
choice in shippers.