Posted to rec.woodworking
George George is offline

Default I am pretty ****ed at UPS right now.

"Steve knight" wrote in message

SFWIW, on more than one occasion, I've had UPS hold the shipment for my
pickup.

Sometimes it requires a little negotiation to get the package to a point
in the system where you can actually get your hands on it.

getting to UPS is a long ways away here in Portland. not practical at
all for me. but it was the bull about attempting the delivery that got
me.

Holiday season, lots of sub drivers and temps, some of whom don't know the
routes. Though only we who comment here are perfect, one of them,
vulnerable to error, might have attempted delivery elsewhere, left the
little tag and all.

I suppose inventory control is the best answer, especially when shipping
crunches happen regularly this time of year.

Fortunately I never had to stretch the truth to mollify an irate customer,
hope you don't ever have to either.