Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default I Have An Excuse! Which Cordless Hammerdrill / Drill / Driver?

In 6 weeks to 2 months I'm going to help my brother put up drywall in the
house he's building. My HF and 13.2 v "FireStorm" cordless drill/drivers
aren't up to the task of putting drywall screws into 2x4's so (Yipee!!) I'm
looking for something I can use for (hopefully) many years.

Sunday afternoon I spent an hour or so fondling drivers at the local HD.
The 18 v DeWalt HD/D/D feels pretty good in my hand, but I'm wondering about
the NiCad / Other battery technology issues. I'd also like to stay
"mainstream" so it will be easier to get replacement batteries in the years
to come. (The 13.2 FireStorm batteries are available factory-only, and
really expensive.)

I've also seen the "Drywall screws on a belt" at Lowe's and wonder what sort
of driver / attachment is needed to use these.

Thoughts? Thanks!

-- Mark