Posted to rec.woodworking
bf bf is offline

Default I Have An Excuse! Which Cordless Hammerdrill / Drill / Driver?

Mark Jerde wrote:
In 6 weeks to 2 months I'm going to help my brother put up drywall in the
house he's building. My HF and 13.2 v "FireStorm" cordless drill/drivers
aren't up to the task of putting drywall screws into 2x4's so (Yipee!!) I'm
looking for something I can use for (hopefully) many years.

I'd also recommend getting a corded screw driver. I bought one of those
cordless Senco drivers. It's ok for drywall, but the corded one (Dewalt
if it matters) drives the screws in faster, has more torque, and I
don't have to worry about the battery getting weak.
It's a little more trouble to drag an extension cord around, but worth
it, IMO.

Or you could just buy/use a regular corded drill. If I had it to do
over again, I'm not sure I'd buy a dedicated screw gun again.