Posted to rec.woodworking
Renata Renata is offline

Default I Have An Excuse! Which Cordless Hammerdrill / Drill / Driver?

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 01:46:25 GMT, "Mark Jerde"
wrote:

get a regular 'ol corded drywall screwdriver. get it used- they show up
at pawnshops and swap meets in droves. drywall is an unpleasant trade
with a high turnover....

Sorry, I didn't kommunicate well...

Gentlemen (and ladies),

I have 3 cordless drills/drivers that don't accept charge very well anymore.
Sometimes I smash a lighting bug and attach the ends of a jumper cable to
each end of the smashed bug to attempt to jump start my drill /drivers. It
doesn't work very well but I do feel a glow..... g

Perhaps you should refrain from smashing the poor creature before you
attach the cables - you might get more juice outta a live one...

Renata

In 6 to 8 weeks I'm gonna help my bruder and his family put up a buncha
drywall in the house their building. I kould show up with nobbat my undies
and tool belt and Alla wouldbe kool. But that aint the point. I wanna
throw away my 13.2 v FireStorm drill that, even though it's on its third set
of batteries, refuses to take much of a charge. I wanna show up with a
hammerdrill /drill /driver that goes

Rrrrhheeeeee! Rrrrhheeeeee! Rrrrhheeeeee! Rrrrhheeeeee!

and tightly screw in my portion of the drywall screws.

Then, when I leave my bruders after a couple days, having helped enclose
3,000+ sq ft with drywall, I want to take away the driver I brought with
me. I'm hopeful that, with the feedback from y'all, it will be a very
useful tool for me for the next 10+ / 15+ / ... years. My two HF and one
13.2 FireStorm D/D's have worked very well. With y'all's help I can make a
good selection for my next "main" cordless D/D.

Thanks.

-- Mark