Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default I Have An Excuse! Which Cordless Hammerdrill / Drill / Driver?

"Mark Jerde" wrote in message
In 6 weeks to 2 months I'm going to help my brother put up drywall in the
house he's building. My HF and 13.2 v "FireStorm" cordless drill/drivers
aren't up to the task of putting drywall screws into 2x4's so (Yipee!!)
I'm looking for something I can use for (hopefully) many years.

Sunday afternoon I spent an hour or so fondling drivers at the local HD.
The 18 v DeWalt HD/D/D feels pretty good in my hand, but I'm wondering
about the NiCad / Other battery technology issues. I'd also like to stay
"mainstream" so it will be easier to get replacement batteries in the
years to come. (The 13.2 FireStorm batteries are available factory-only,
and really expensive.)

I've also seen the "Drywall screws on a belt" at Lowe's and wonder what
sort of driver / attachment is needed to use these.

Thoughts? Thanks!

If you are going to be driving srywall screw screws into drywall I suggest a
corded drywall drill. Typically a corded dry wall model will run at 4000
rpm and some times faster and insert the screws faster. Typically the
battery operated model drills do not run any where near that speed. Faster
battery powered ones tend to be 1200 to 2000 rpm.