Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Fitting Ryobi laser circular saw into case?

I have what has to be the ultimate boneheaded question.

I purchased a Ryobi circular saw, the 7 1/4" laser version. I took it
out of its case, installed the blade, made my cuts - and now, for the
life of me, I can't figure out how to fit it back in its case! I've
turned it this way and that, have found some orientations that almost
work but would require twisting the cord at an odd angle.

This isn't the worst problem in the world, but it is annoying. Does
someone else on this group have one of these saws, and know how to fit
it back into its case?

Thanks -

Posted to rec.woodworking
CW

No, I don't have the saw but do have an opinion on tool cases. The majority
of people that design things have never used them. If they did, they would
find out why most people throw them out. Tool cases, to be useful, should be
designed such that perfect placement of the tool and cord are not required.
If they have to be arranged perfectly to get them back into the case, they
won't get put back. Most out there are badly designed. I just bought a
Milwaukee circular saw. They almost got it right. The cord has to be placed
somewhat carefully and the depth has to be set right but it goes into the
case with little problem. My Dewalt biscuit joiner is the same, close but
not quite. If you use this thing at all often, you might want to do what
most of us do and throw out the case.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have what has to be the ultimate boneheaded question.

I purchased a Ryobi circular saw, the 7 1/4" laser version. I took it
out of its case, installed the blade, made my cuts - and now, for the
life of me, I can't figure out how to fit it back in its case! I've
turned it this way and that, have found some orientations that almost
work but would require twisting the cord at an odd angle.

This isn't the worst problem in the world, but it is annoying. Does
someone else on this group have one of these saws, and know how to fit
it back into its case?

Thanks -

Posted to rec.woodworking

Thanks - this helped a lot. I had adjusted the blade depth. It also
turned out that I had to turn the saw around 180 degrees from the way
it sits in the photo and tilt it so that it would sit on the molded
areas. The photo got me on the right track, though.

Next time I take something out of a case, I'm going to take a !#@$
photo of it first and paste the photo to the inside of the case.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I like the way you think.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Oh, it's not a problem. One generally has the saw unplugged when one
puts it in the case.

Posted to rec.woodworking
RayV

Throw out the case! I have yet to replace my tired old Irwin speedbors
because I can't find a decent quick connect set in a case.

I love my cases! They keep the tools clean, safer to transport. The
only one I am a little unhappy with is the PC693 dual base case, you
have have the plung base almost completely compressed to get it back in
the case.

Do you take the blades out of your jigsaw or sawzall when you need to
take them somewhere?
Where do you keep the extra blades, bits, allen wrenches, etc.?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Charley

I think they give the case design job to the new junior engineer or the
department idiot. There certainly isn't much deep thought put into their
design, and it's a shame. I would use them a lot more if they were designed
well, held all of the options, and didn't require special adjustment of the
tool to get it back into the case. Lately I've been making my own and
throwing out the stupid and useless case that comes with the tool. At least
mine are easier to use and hold everything. It would just be better all
around if the cases were designed right to start with. My latest "useless"
cases are the DeWalt DW618 3 base router with a case that only holds 2 (?)
and has a hole in the inside liner that makes the collets disappear to a
place where they are nearly impossible to recover them from. Another is the
Kreg K3 Professional kit case. You have to dis-assemble the parts that are
commonly used together to get it back into the case and there's no provision
to hold the right angle clamp (that came with it). I'm now making my own
cases for both tools. The tools are both great, but the cases are junk. I
would be much happier if they sold the tools in a cardboard box for less
money. I could then spend the money saved to build good cases.

Sorry about the rant, but this has been a sensitive issue for me in the last
few years. The older "metal" cases just seemed to have much more thought put
into them and I've still got and use them.

--
Charley

"RayV" wrote in message
oups.com...
Throw out the case! I have yet to replace my tired old Irwin speedbors
because I can't find a decent quick connect set in a case.

I love my cases! They keep the tools clean, safer to transport. The
only one I am a little unhappy with is the PC693 dual base case, you
have have the plung base almost completely compressed to get it back in
the case.

Do you take the blades out of your jigsaw or sawzall when you need to
take them somewhere?
Where do you keep the extra blades, bits, allen wrenches, etc.?

Posted to rec.woodworking

I cant figure out the tool case either and unfortunately I cant access your photo. Could you please resend. Thanks!

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...ase-96152-.htm

buying circular saw for comp case modding [email protected] UK diy 7 May 3rd 05 06:14 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 06:52 AM
Ryobi - lousy local warranty service, no parts in stock? larrymoencurly Woodworking 22 April 18th 04 06:08 PM
Argon Laser, 150mW, American Laser Spudley Electronics 0 October 3rd 03 07:19 AM
Ryobi vs DeWalt cordless review Sam Hopkins Woodworking 8 September 11th 03 05:43 PM