Posted to rec.woodworking
CW

Default Fitting Ryobi laser circular saw into case?

No, I don't have the saw but do have an opinion on tool cases. The majority
of people that design things have never used them. If they did, they would
find out why most people throw them out. Tool cases, to be useful, should be
designed such that perfect placement of the tool and cord are not required.
If they have to be arranged perfectly to get them back into the case, they
won't get put back. Most out there are badly designed. I just bought a
Milwaukee circular saw. They almost got it right. The cord has to be placed
somewhat carefully and the depth has to be set right but it goes into the
case with little problem. My Dewalt biscuit joiner is the same, close but
not quite. If you use this thing at all often, you might want to do what
most of us do and throw out the case.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have what has to be the ultimate boneheaded question.

I purchased a Ryobi circular saw, the 7 1/4" laser version. I took it
out of its case, installed the blade, made my cuts - and now, for the
life of me, I can't figure out how to fit it back in its case! I've
turned it this way and that, have found some orientations that almost
work but would require twisting the cord at an odd angle.

This isn't the worst problem in the world, but it is annoying. Does
someone else on this group have one of these saws, and know how to fit
it back into its case?

Thanks -