Default buying circular saw for comp case modding

i want to buy a circular saw - i have a few comp cases that i want to
mod now and in the future.
THey all seem very expensive. but this one is cheap.

http://diy.abcaz.co.uk/5_429772/powe...erm-18v-cordl=
ess-circ-saw.html

I can get it for =A345 including postage.

I have a jigsaw but i think that messes up the case a bit. I might just
use a hacksaw. But I like the look of this thing.

also, Is there any standard thing to cover ones mouth to protect
oneself from metal filings?

Chuck Bodgers

wrote in message
oups.com...
i want to buy a circular saw - i have a few comp cases that i want to

mod now and in the future.

You don't want to piddle about with that, you need one of these:

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/codetel/en/F..._therm_ang.htm

vortex2

"Chuck Bodgers" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
i want to buy a circular saw - i have a few comp cases that i want to

mod now and in the future.

You don't want to piddle about with that, you need one of these:

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/codetel/en/F..._therm_ang.htm

I'd be more inclined to one of these:

http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=4659

Just the ticket for shredding computer cases in a jiffy.....or what about
this:

http://www.ssiworld.com/watch/computers.htm

EXCELLENT

David

Adrian C

vortex2 wrote:

http://www.ssiworld.com/watch/computers.htm

EXCELLENT

Yeah, Much better than donating used IT to needy causes...

(not!)

:-)

---
Adrian

I won't be getting a circular saw then!

I could buy a SIP 16" VARIABLE - SPEED SCROLL SAW . Or would that be
a case shredder too?

i'm fairly sure that scroll saws need not shred cases up, 'cos I was
told that scroll saws are good for modding cases. The prob is, I don't
know if maybe 16" is too big, and would shred the case.

Rob Morley

In article .com,
" says...
i want to buy a circular saw - i have a few comp cases that i want to
mod now and in the future.
THey all seem very expensive. but this one is cheap.

http://diy.abcaz.co.uk/5_429772/powe...erm-18v-cordl=
ess-circ-saw.html

Judging by the URL that's a totally inappropriate tool (I didn't
follow the link).

I can get it for =A345 including postage.

I have a jigsaw but i think that messes up the case a bit. I might just
use a hacksaw. But I like the look of this thing.

Have a look at nibblers or aviation snips if you don't want to use a
jigsaw.

also, Is there any standard thing to cover ones mouth to protect
oneself from metal filings?

A neckerchief - it goes well with a wide-brimmed hat.
Stuart

On 2 May 2005 07:26:11 -0700, wrote:

i want to buy a circular saw - i have a few comp cases that i want to
mod now and in the future.
THey all seem very expensive. but this one is cheap.

http://diy.abcaz.co.uk/5_429772/powe...-circ-saw.html

I can get it for £45 including postage.

I have a jigsaw but i think that messes up the case a bit. I might just
use a hacksaw. But I like the look of this thing.

also, Is there any standard thing to cover ones mouth to protect
oneself from metal filings?

How about a nibbler .. Just drill a hole on the waste section and
follow the line which you have drawn before .You do need an electric
drill tho'
http://www.frost.co.uk/item_Detail.asp?productID=8015
Stuart

Shift THELEVER to reply.

OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Think twice before buying a Stots dovetail jig. MRe Woodworking 16 October 28th 03 04:45 PM