Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking
Pete Stolz

Default Epoxy, PVA, yellow, Gorilla Glue or something else?

Hi, I'm making a maple workbench top and I need to glue it up. The plans
(the Veritas Modern Bench) call for epoxy because of the long working time
or PVA or yellow glue. The epoxy was REALLY expensive, the PVA and yellow
are not expensive but the working time is not as long. Do I need to worry
about their water vulnerabilities? (Not that I'm gonna be working in a pool
or anything.) If I do need to go the epoxy route, where can I get it, and
which one?
Thanks,
Pete

Hide glue question Bill Woodworking 2 January 11th 06 10:05 PM
veneering with yellow glue + iron Wyatt Woodworking 6 February 23rd 05 04:25 PM
Compressor powered glue applicator Eric Anderson Woodworking 16 December 24th 04 08:20 PM
If glue is stronger than the wood, do you need to use screws when attaching legs to a table? YJJim Woodworking 3 December 18th 03 03:29 PM
Gorilla Glue Brad Woodworking 16 July 17th 03 01:48 AM