Posted to rec.woodworking
Teamcasa

Default Epoxy, PVA, yellow, Gorilla Glue or something else?

"Pete Stolz" wrote in message
Hi, I'm making a maple workbench top and I need to glue it up. The plans
(the Veritas Modern Bench) call for epoxy because of the long working time
or PVA or yellow glue. The epoxy was REALLY expensive, the PVA and yellow
are not expensive but the working time is not as long. Do I need to worry
about their water vulnerabilities? (Not that I'm gonna be working in a
pool or anything.) If I do need to go the epoxy route, where can I get
it, and which one?
Thanks,
Pete

PVA, Just don't glue up more than you can get clamped in 10 minutes. Don't
skimp on glue or over-tighten the clamps.

Dave

http://www.usenet.com