Posted to rec.woodworking
Pete Stolz

Default Epoxy, PVA, yellow, Gorilla Glue or something else?

Speaking of clamps, the boards are 1" x 2" finished size and will be glued
so the edges make the surface of the top...you know what I mean. Anyway,
how far apart should I put the clamps?

zzzzzzzzzz

"Enoch Root" wrote in message
news:lYWdna4OI5Bq4L3ZnZ2dnUVZ_vudnZ2d@forethought. net...
Pete Stolz wrote:
Hi, I'm making a maple workbench top and I need to glue it up. The plans
(the Veritas Modern Bench) call for epoxy because of the long working
time
or PVA or yellow glue. The epoxy was REALLY expensive, the PVA and
yellow
are not expensive but the working time is not as long. Do I need to
worry
about their water vulnerabilities? (Not that I'm gonna be working in a
pool
or anything.) If I do need to go the epoxy route, where can I get it,
and
which one?

Spend a little time (with the wood, clamps, etc.) to rehearse every
detail of what you are going to do, and anticipate the problems that
will arise, then figure out a way to deal with them, and you will
probably be well under the time limit. Do the rehearsal right before
bedtime, and sleep on it.

er
--
email not valid