Posted to rec.woodworking
Clint

Default OT dangerous dogs

I realize that Texas might be different, and you might be in a rural
location where this doesn't apply, but many jurisdictions frown upon people
firing weapons in populated areas (say, around 6 and 2 year olds). If the
dog is close enough to be threatening to the kids, I think it would be too
close to the kids to fire a weapon at. IMHO.

--
Clint
"Paul Brumman" wrote in message
We had some high profile dog incidents in the neighboring county. I
have two kids, 6 and 2, and am wondering. If, let's say, a neighbor's
dog wanders in our yard and starts growling at my children, in a
threatening manner, would it be legal to just take my trusty SKS and
shoot the dog wile it is trespassing on my property? That has not
happened, but my neighbors two houses over keep a dog that I do not
like and I am a little concerned. Waht to know the legalities. I am
near El Paso, TX.

thx
pb

Posted to rec.woodworking
Jerry S.

"Clint" wrote in message
I realize that Texas might be different, and you might be in a rural
location where this doesn't apply, but many jurisdictions frown upon people
firing weapons in populated areas (say, around 6 and 2 year olds). If the
dog is close enough to be threatening to the kids, I think it would be too
close to the kids to fire a weapon at. IMHO.

Sounds like the perfect opportunity to use your pointy stick.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Teamcasa

"Paul Brumman"
snip
I have two kids, 6 and 2, and am wondering. If, let's say, a neighbor's
dog wanders in our yard and starts growling at my children, in a
threatening manner, would it be legal to just take my trusty SKS and
shoot the dog wile it is trespassing on my property?

snip

"Clint"
snip
If the dog is close enough to be threatening to the kids, I think it would
be too close to the kids to fire a weapon at. IMHO.

Sound advise. However, we have had some recent cases where loose pit bulls
have mauled and killed some kids. When my kids were young, I kept and eye
on them. Get and train your own dog to protect the kids.

Dave

Posted to rec.woodworking
J T

Thu, Nov 17, 2005, 3:20pm (Jerry*S.) doth sayeth:
Sounds like the perfect opportunity to use your pointy stick.

Exactly.

Tied to the barrel of your shotgun.

JOAT
Just pretend I'm not here. That's what I'm doing.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Too_Many_Tools

Yes, pit bulls in particular are very dangerous if they decide to
attack.

Irresponsible ownership of this animal should be and is being dealt
with in terms of imprisonment, heavy fines and putting the animals in
question down.

TMT

Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Hinz

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 20:39:30 -0600, Kevin Craig wrote:

He said he's got an SKS; most models come with a big pointy thing that
folds back under the barrel; when unfurled, the rifle becomes a pointy
stick.

Ah, but if it's Chinese, then that makes it unimportable. The bayonet
is just fine on a Russian or Yugo SKS,but on the Chinese ones it's evil.

Good to know that we're protected from all those drive-by bayonetings we
keep hearing about.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Kanter

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 20:39:30 -0600, Kevin Craig wrote:

He said he's got an SKS; most models come with a big pointy thing that
folds back under the barrel; when unfurled, the rifle becomes a pointy
stick.

Ah, but if it's Chinese, then that makes it unimportable. The bayonet
is just fine on a Russian or Yugo SKS,but on the Chinese ones it's evil.

Good to know that we're protected from all those drive-by bayonetings we
keep hearing about.

Drive-by: I can't help it. Ready?

What's this set of sounds indicative of?

CLIPPITY CLOP CLIPPITY CLOP CLIPPITY CLOP.
pause
BLAM!!!!!!!!!!
CLIPPITY CLOP CLIPPITY CLOP CLIPPITY CLOP.

page down...
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
An Amish drive-by.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Hinz

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 19:44:34 GMT, Doug Kanter wrote:

"Kevin Craig" wrote in message

He said he's got an SKS; most models come with a big pointy thing that
folds back under the barrel; when unfurled, the rifle becomes a pointy
stick.

But wait....doesn't the bayonet make it an assault weapon? :-)

Only if the SKS in question is Chinese. If it's Russian, or
Yugoslavian, then it's just fine. I'm sure this makes sense somehow.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Kanter

wrote:

"Kevin Craig" wrote in message

He said he's got an SKS; most models come with a big pointy thing that
folds back under the barrel; when unfurled, the rifle becomes a pointy
stick.

But wait....doesn't the bayonet make it an assault weapon? :-)

Only if the SKS in question is Chinese. If it's Russian, or
Yugoslavian, then it's just fine. I'm sure this makes sense somehow.

Because "Russian" and "Yugoslavian" already contain the letter "A", but
"Chinese" does not. Obviously.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Hinz

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 19:56:20 GMT, Doug Kanter wrote:

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message

Only if the SKS in question is Chinese. If it's Russian, or
Yugoslavian, then it's just fine. I'm sure this makes sense somehow.

Because "Russian" and "Yugoslavian" already contain the letter "A", but
"Chinese" does not. Obviously.

blink blink
Of course. Makes as much sense as any other theory I've seen, and more
than many. Good insight, Doug!

Dave