Posted to rec.woodworking
Teamcasa

Default OT dangerous dogs

"Paul Brumman"
snip
I have two kids, 6 and 2, and am wondering. If, let's say, a neighbor's
dog wanders in our yard and starts growling at my children, in a
threatening manner, would it be legal to just take my trusty SKS and
shoot the dog wile it is trespassing on my property?

snip

"Clint"
snip
If the dog is close enough to be threatening to the kids, I think it would
be too close to the kids to fire a weapon at. IMHO.

Sound advise. However, we have had some recent cases where loose pit bulls
have mauled and killed some kids. When my kids were young, I kept and eye
on them. Get and train your own dog to protect the kids.

Dave