Posted to rec.woodworking
Clint

Default OT dangerous dogs

I realize that Texas might be different, and you might be in a rural
location where this doesn't apply, but many jurisdictions frown upon people
firing weapons in populated areas (say, around 6 and 2 year olds). If the
dog is close enough to be threatening to the kids, I think it would be too
close to the kids to fire a weapon at. IMHO.

--
Clint
"Paul Brumman" wrote in message
We had some high profile dog incidents in the neighboring county. I
have two kids, 6 and 2, and am wondering. If, let's say, a neighbor's
dog wanders in our yard and starts growling at my children, in a
threatening manner, would it be legal to just take my trusty SKS and
shoot the dog wile it is trespassing on my property? That has not
happened, but my neighbors two houses over keep a dog that I do not
like and I am a little concerned. Waht to know the legalities. I am
near El Paso, TX.

thx
pb