Fitz

Default Little Giant Ladders - Requesting Feedback

I'm thinking about buying a Little Giant Ladder and I'm wondering whether
its worth the money ($449 CDN). Your comments on its quality, flexibility,
and value would be greatly appreciated.

leonard

hi
I have had one for three years and I like it. but I purchased it because I
weigh 365 pounds and its rated for 600. I have used it as a aframe and at
angles, its stable and solid.

Len

Randal

Fitz wrote:

I'm thinking about buying a Little Giant Ladder and I'm wondering whether
its worth the money ($449 CDN). Your comments on its quality, flexibility,
and value would be greatly appreciated.

My father and B-i-l both bought them, I've used theres and like it for
general use. I just wish they had taller models for my needs.
Russ

Excellent purchase.
Very stable, flexibility is superb.
It is rather heavy though.
If you decide to get the accessories, get them off ebay.

Russ

"Fitz" wrote in message
.. .
I'm thinking about buying a Little Giant Ladder and I'm wondering whether
its worth the money ($449 CDN). Your comments on its quality, flexibility,
and value would be greatly appreciated.

John Flatley

We have had our Little Giant over twenty years now. One of our best
investments ever. Our top half has a bar handle to pull out to adjust the
spread. (Little Giant sent us an upgrade kit to install a round knob for
easier release. Installing that upgrade is on my To-Do-List but it hasn't
made it to the top in a bunch of years.)

We used it to paint our houses, inside and out and took the top half to the
launch ramp to climb in our boat before and after we launched. (Note: we
replaced the top half after driving off with our boat and leaving the ladder
in the parking lot. Buying a new top half from the manufacturer was smooth
and without hassle. It was reasonably priced.)

When painting, we split it into two sections and use it with 2x12 planks.
Extended, we use it to clean the leaves off our roof/screen enclosure.

I've climbed the Little Giant when I weighted 330 lbs and never felt
uncomfortable on the ladder. It is solid!

We have lived close to the Atlantic coast since before we bought the Little
Giant. We normally keep it in the garage or in a garden shed. We have left
it outside for a couple, three weeks on more than one occasion. No
corrosion!

Our neighbors love it also. Any serious work and they ask to borrow it.

My Little Giant is exceptionally well made. There is one flaw! One and
only one flaw! The older we get, the heavier the ladder is.

It will out last us. I know our son will enjoy it when we're gone. I
believe our grandson too, at some point.

The usual disclaimers on affiliation apply. I'm just an extremely pleased
owner.

Jack Flatley
Jacksonville, Florida
--
I've never learned anything from someone who agreed with me; but I can learn
something from those who disagree with me.

"Fitz" wrote in message
.. .
I'm thinking about buying a Little Giant Ladder and I'm wondering whether
its worth the money ($449 CDN). Your comments on its quality, flexibility,
and value would be greatly appreciated.

Leon

"Fitz" wrote in message
.. .
I'm thinking about buying a Little Giant Ladder and I'm wondering whether
its worth the money ($449 CDN). Your comments on its quality, flexibility,
and value would be greatly appreciated.

The Little Giant ladder is a great ladder. I have one and I also have the
Home Depot, "Gorilla", clone of the Little Giant.
Personally I do not see any advantage of the Little Giant over the Home
Depot clone, the Gorilla. The gorilla is MUCH cheaper.

Leon

"Russ" wrote in message
Excellent purchase.
Very stable, flexibility is superb.
It is rather heavy though.
If you decide to get the accessories, get them off ebay.

I bought mine at a home show. I ended up getting the 19' model for $279
delivered and he threw in the accessory step.

George

"Leon" wrote in message
. ..

The Little Giant ladder is a great ladder. I have one and I also have the
Home Depot, "Gorilla", clone of the Little Giant.
Personally I do not see any advantage of the Little Giant over the Home
Depot clone, the Gorilla. The gorilla is MUCH cheaper.

I have one of those clones from Menards, and it's a "A" rated ladder with
pretty much all the features, for about a hundred twenty. I've used it in
the "M" configuration as a mini scaffold, and intend to get another so I can
have a taller version using the two ladders when it comes time to paint the
house again.

Saves those sudden feelings of anxiety as you're working up in the air, feel
the ladder shift a bit, and notice that your beneficiary is holding the base
steady....

gw

"Fitz" wrote in message
.. .
I'm thinking about buying a Little Giant Ladder and I'm wondering whether
its worth the money ($449 CDN). Your comments on its quality, flexibility,
and value would be greatly appreciated.

I have one - I find it to be excellent as a stepladder, especially its
capability on uneven surfaces. As an extension ladder, I still prefer my
fiberglass. At full extension, I find that the 19' Little Giant has quite a
bit of the "hula effect". Side-to-side motion that I'm not too comfortable
with 18' off the ground.

Mike Marlow

"gw" wrote in message

"Fitz" wrote in message
.. .
I'm thinking about buying a Little Giant Ladder and I'm wondering

whether
its worth the money ($449 CDN). Your comments on its quality,

flexibility,
and value would be greatly appreciated.

I have one - I find it to be excellent as a stepladder, especially its
capability on uneven surfaces. As an extension ladder, I still prefer my
fiberglass. At full extension, I find that the 19' Little Giant has quite

bit of the "hula effect". Side-to-side motion that I'm not too comfortable
with 18' off the ground.

Donchyaknow that you're not supposed to be 18 feet off the ground on a
ladder? Being up that high on anything other than a tree stand is down
right immoral, maybe even not right!

--

-Mike-

no(SPAM)vasys

leonard wrote:
hi
I have had one for three years and I like it. but I purchased it because I
weigh 365 pounds and its rated for 600. I have used it as a aframe and at
angles, its stable and solid.

I checked the "Little Giant" web site and even their Type 1AA ladder
(their strongest) is only rated at 375 lb.

http://www.littlegiantladder.com/Pro...de=Type1AABase

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

(Remove -SPAM- to send email)
Ken Yee

"Fitz" wrote in news:vJhWe.3647$1G4.562651
@news20.bellglobal.com:

wondering whether its worth the money

Yep. Absolutely. Wondered why we took so long to get it and
couldn't dream of not having it.
We actually bought it before the infomercials started, but it's
one of those things that are as good as advertised.

Only nit is the platform accessory doesn't work if you're
tilted over a bit (the ladder isn't set up as a symetric A).
The platform itself is tilted so it's hard to stay on.

ken
LRod

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 12:57:24 -0400, "Fitz" wrote:

I'm thinking about buying a Little Giant Ladder and I'm wondering whether
its worth the money ($449 CDN). Your comments on its quality, flexibility,
and value would be greatly appreciated.

Have had one for ten years. Love it. Overpriced. Still worth it.

The less expensive clones at the borg "look" like them, but they keep
them packaged, so I've never been able to look one over closely to see
how they really compare.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

Patriarch

"Fitz" wrote in
:

I'm thinking about buying a Little Giant Ladder and I'm wondering
whether its worth the money ($449 CDN). Your comments on its quality,
flexibility, and value would be greatly appreciated.

I love mine. I also own a couple of fiberglass Werners. The 4 footer gets
used all the time. The 8 footer once in a while. Anything the little
fiberglass ladder won't do, I use the Little Giant now.

Solid as a rock. Just don't fall off of one, like the neighbor did last
weekend. Compound wrist fracture, broken in 4 places. 10 weeks of daytime
television...

Patriarch
Patriarch

"Leon" wrote in
:

The Little Giant ladder is a great ladder. I have one and I also have
the Home Depot, "Gorilla", clone of the Little Giant.
Personally I do not see any advantage of the Little Giant over the
Home Depot clone, the Gorilla. The gorilla is MUCH cheaper.

Little Giant - Made in the USA. Springville, Utah, last time I looked.

Gorrilla - ???

Patriarch

Cubby

I've got the cheaper clone by "Gorilla" I believe. Got it from HD.
Half the price and to be quite honest, it's worked just fine. Very
stable and solid. Made overseas but these days, who cares where it's
made....how it's made is important and it appears the Gorilla ladders
are pretty well made too.
Cheers,
cc

Jeff Bennett

I use one frequently. It's versatile and very high quality. I found the best
deal on www.amazon.com Of course there are different models but I paid
around $250 or so American no sales tax and no shipping.

JB

"Fitz" wrote in message
.. .
I'm thinking about buying a Little Giant Ladder and I'm wondering whether
its worth the money ($449 CDN). Your comments on its quality, flexibility,
and value would be greatly appreciated.

Leon

"Patriarch" wrote in message
. 97.136...
"Leon" wrote in
:

The Little Giant ladder is a great ladder. I have one and I also have
the Home Depot, "Gorilla", clone of the Little Giant.
Personally I do not see any advantage of the Little Giant over the
Home Depot clone, the Gorilla. The gorilla is MUCH cheaper.

Little Giant - Made in the USA. Springville, Utah, last time I looked.

Gorrilla - ???

China or Taiwan IIRC. Yes I did not pay an extra $200 to have the USA stamp
on it this time. Every bit as heavy duty though and parts interchange
between the two.

Leon

"gw" wrote in message
I have one - I find it to be excellent as a stepladder, especially its
capability on uneven surfaces. As an extension ladder, I still prefer my
fiberglass. At full extension, I find that the 19' Little Giant has quite
bit of the "hula effect". Side-to-side motion that I'm not too comfortable
with 18' off the ground.

Well that is normal for just about any ladder, I know EXCEPT yours. The top
of the ladder should never be lower than between you knees and you waist.

Leon

"LRod" wrote in message
On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 12:57:24 -0400, "Fitz" wrote:

The less expensive clones at the borg "look" like them, but they keep
them packaged, so I've never been able to look one over closely to see
how they really compare.

I have the Gorilla clone and it compares equally well to my Little Giant.
As I stated on another thread, accessories are interchangeable. Actually
the Gorilla has a very superior bracket set that lets you use the outer
sections as a scaffold. Instead of hooking the hooks into the mating outer
sections to form an A on the Little Giant, the Gorilla has heavy duty
brackets to attach the two outer sections together. Those brackets work
well on the Little Giant also.

Steve DeMars

Use a ladder every day . . . I'm an insurance adjuster . . . Only draw back
to a L.G. is when used as an extension ladder it is very wide at the top
where you mount and dismount . . . Can be a little tricky . . .

Steve

"Fitz" wrote in message
.. .
I'm thinking about buying a Little Giant Ladder and I'm wondering whether
its worth the money ($449 CDN). Your comments on its quality, flexibility,
and value would be greatly appreciated.

TomH

wrote:

I'm thinking about buying a Little Giant Ladder and I'm wondering whether
its worth the money ($449 CDN). Your comments on its quality, flexibility,
and value would be greatly appreciated.

You may also want to consider the "Jaws" 'clone'.

http://www.jawsladders.com/
http://www.shopnorthern.com/product/...dn=0#pricelist

Was available from Rona and HD, but didn't sell well as
people thought them 'expensive' without realizing what they
would actually be getting.

They're manufactured by Featherlite in Canada. I got a 26'
model at a GTA home show for less than a Little Giant, and
they included all options such as inside step/tray, wall
stand-off, utility tray and leg leveller.

--
TomH [ antonomasia at gmail dot com ]
vfrost

Have one and the safety of the design alone makes it worth it. In addition,
I have some health problems with my legs and this ladder has made things
much easier.
.. .