Chris

Default Enco gloat

Just got in my latest buy from Enc. Nice halogen swing arm lamp, marked
down from $64 to $20. This along with the free shipping is an excellent
buy.

Lot better quality than I expected and nice looking as well. Heck the
halogen bulb costs almost as much as the lamp.

Not affiliated, just passing along a good deal.

Chris

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?PMAKA=PR325-5213

george

"Chris" wrote in message ...
Just got in my latest buy from Enc. Nice halogen swing arm lamp, marked
down from $64 to $20. This along with the free shipping is an excellent
buy.

Lot better quality than I expected and nice looking as well. Heck the
halogen bulb costs almost as much as the lamp.

Not affiliated, just passing along a good deal.

Chris

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?PMAKA=PR325-5213

As long as it's not made by the same Chinese lighting company that made
the light fixture that scorched by dining room ceiling...

Chris

"george" wrote in message

"Chris" wrote in message
Just got in my latest buy from Enc. Nice halogen swing arm lamp, marked
down from $64 to $20. This along with the free shipping is an excellent
buy.

Lot better quality than I expected and nice looking as well. Heck the
halogen bulb costs almost as much as the lamp.

Not affiliated, just passing along a good deal.

Chris

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?PMAKA=PR325-5213

As long as it's not made by the same Chinese lighting company that made
the light fixture that scorched by dining room ceiling...

George,
I sure as heck hope not. Than again maybe that is why they are on sale. It
does say cheaply made in China, although better than you would imagine. It
actually holds its position when you movement. For how long it does this is
another question. Oh ya, it is 31 days. One day longer than Encos return
policy.

Brings up the question, in this day of cheap imports, who is liable when
something like this happens? Are you going to sue a Chinese manufacture?
Good luck.

Chris

Charlie Self

Chris wrote:

Brings up the question, in this day of cheap imports, who is liable when
something like this happens? Are you going to sue a Chinese manufacture?
Good luck.

I'd suggest, if you're going to sue anyone over that amount of money,
that you sue Enco. They're not a Chinese company, or, if they are,
they're a U.S. arm subject to our tort litigation (a good reason to
feel sorry for anyone except tort lawyers).

Chris

"Charlie Self" wrote in message
ups.com...

Chris wrote:

Brings up the question, in this day of cheap imports, who is liable when
something like this happens? Are you going to sue a Chinese manufacture?
Good luck.

I'd suggest, if you're going to sue anyone over that amount of money,
that you sue Enco. They're not a Chinese company, or, if they are,
they're a U.S. arm subject to our tort litigation (a good reason to
feel sorry for anyone except tort lawyers).

Charlie,

Not referring to suing over the price of the light. I am talking about the
damages. Say it caught fire and burnt the house down, and God forbid
someone got hurt.

Now that I think about it, is there a UL listing on this lamp.

Running out to check.......................

Chris

Chris

"Chris" wrote in message

Now that I think about it, is there a UL listing on this lamp.

Running out to check.......................

Chris

Yep there is a UL listing, but listed is spelt "lested" . Should I be
concerned?

Just kidding.

Chris

CW

They are American. Enco was the Harbor Freight of the 80s. Cheap imports
from, then, Taiwan and Poland. They had stores around and may still but the
one here (Seattle) closed long ago. Harbor Freight has since moved in to
take there place.

Chris wrote:

Brings up the question, in this day of cheap imports, who is liable when
something like this happens? Are you going to sue a Chinese

manufacture?
Good luck.

I'd suggest, if you're going to sue anyone over that amount of money,
that you sue Enco. They're not a Chinese company, or, if they are,
they're a U.S. arm subject to our tort litigation (a good reason to
feel sorry for anyone except tort lawyers).

Chris

"CW" wrote in message
ink.net...
UL listing doesn't necessarily mean its safe.
Some serious pieces of crap are UL listed.

I agree 100% not what it use to be. Better than nothing though.
As a youngster we had a UL listed dishwasher burn down our house.

Chris

george

"Chris" wrote in message

"CW" wrote in message
ink.net...
UL listing doesn't necessarily mean its safe.
Some serious pieces of crap are UL listed.

I agree 100% not what it use to be. Better than nothing though.
As a youngster we had a UL listed dishwasher burn down our house.

Chris

You've really got to interpret WHAT is UL listed. If it is on the cord,
then the cord
is UL listed...not in whatever application it happens to be used in (i.e.,
you can put
a UL listed lampcord on your 3hp tablesaw). It used to be that
manufacturers submitted
entire products to UL for listing. Now it is more likely that the
manufacturer or
distributor purchased a UL listed component for use in their product.

On the dishwasher subject, I had a US made (major manufacturer) dishwasher
switch
assembly MELT in normal operation. I am an electrical engineer and
disassembled
my dishwasher and went to purchase a replacement switch...found out I
couldn't buy
the switch, they only sold a "control assembly" for $200. I took the switch
into work
and took digital photographs of it and emailed the manufacturer and included
a digital
photo and said something in my email to the effect of: "I am an electrical
engineer and
the mode selection switch MELTED in my dishwasher. I brought it into work
and have
it sitting on the top of my partition. It seems to be attracting a lot of
concerned attention
from our engineers who seem worried that it might be from one of OUR
products. It is
quite the conversation piece. See attached photo." At that point, I'd
already replaced
the dishwasher with a totally different brand. But it was nice to get $100
from the
manufacturer for the switch to help defray the cost of the new dishwasher.

George

Enco gloat Chris Metalworking 17 September 3rd 05 02:53 PM
Need a gear , older Enco lathe Rex Burkheimer Metalworking 20 July 3rd 05 04:21 AM
Enco Attaboy - Delta sander experience Peter Grey Metalworking 3 June 4th 05 11:20 PM
B&S Taper collets for Enco semi universal dividing head Abrasha Metalworking 5 February 8th 05 06:47 AM
gloat gloat gloat (sort of) Silvan Woodworking 23 February 28th 04 06:18 AM