Chris

Default Enco gloat

Just got in my latest buy from Enc. Nice halogen swing arm lamp, marked
down from $64 to $20. This along with the free shipping is an excellent
buy.

Lot better quality than I expected and nice looking as well. Heck the
halogen bulb costs almost as much as the lamp.

Not affiliated, just passing along a good deal.

Chris

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?PMAKA=PR325-5213

Larry Jaques

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:28:00 -0400, the opaque "Chris"
clearly wrote:

Just got in my latest buy from Enc. Nice halogen swing arm lamp, marked
down from $64 to $20. This along with the free shipping is an excellent
buy.

Lot better quality than I expected and nice looking as well. Heck the
halogen bulb costs almost as much as the lamp.

Are those adjustable for light output (dimmable)? If so, great
buy. If not, that'll be a very hot lamp + expensive to run.

CAUTION: Do NOT look directly into laser with remaining eyeball!
http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Design
Chris

clearly wrote:

Just got in my latest buy from Enc. Nice halogen swing arm lamp, marked
down from $64 to $20. This along with the free shipping is an excellent
buy.

Lot better quality than I expected and nice looking as well. Heck the
halogen bulb costs almost as much as the lamp.

Are those adjustable for light output (dimmable)? If so, great
buy. If not, that'll be a very hot lamp + expensive to run.

Larry,
On / off is all it has. As much as electricity is costing these days, I do
not plan of leaving it on, and hope I do not forget to turn it off that
much.

Chris

Sonam Dasara

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:28:00 -0400, Chris wrote:

Just got in my latest buy from Enc. Nice halogen swing arm lamp, marked
down from $64 to $20. This along with the free shipping is an excellent
buy.

Lot better quality than I expected and nice looking as well. Heck the
halogen bulb costs almost as much as the lamp.

Not affiliated, just passing along a good deal.

Chris

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?PMAKA=PR325-5213

It is, but how do you get free shipping???
--
Cordially,

Sonam Dasara
8/26/2005 3:09:00 PM
Chris

I forgot actually. I think there is a post in here something like Enco
free shipping.

It just a code. BTW there was no place for me to enter the code. I replied
to email I received after I placed my order, and they honored it.

Chris

"Sonam Dasara" wrote in message
On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:28:00 -0400, Chris wrote:

Just got in my latest buy from Enc. Nice halogen swing arm lamp, marked
down from $64 to $20. This along with the free shipping is an excellent
buy.

Lot better quality than I expected and nice looking as well. Heck the
halogen bulb costs almost as much as the lamp.

Not affiliated, just passing along a good deal.

Chris

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?PMAKA=PR325-5213

It is, but how do you get free shipping???
--
Cordially,

Sonam Dasara
8/26/2005 3:09:00 PM

Chris

"Sonam Dasara" wrote in message
On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:28:00 -0400, Chris wrote:

Just got in my latest buy from Enc. Nice halogen swing arm lamp, marked
down from $64 to $20. This along with the free shipping is an excellent
buy.

Lot better quality than I expected and nice looking as well. Heck the
halogen bulb costs almost as much as the lamp.

Not affiliated, just passing along a good deal.

Chris

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?PMAKA=PR325-5213

It is, but how do you get free shipping???
--
Cordially,

Sonam Dasara
8/26/2005 3:09:00 PM

Sonam,

Use the code 85UPRN. I think it is still valid, although I have no way to
be sure. Might be for the month???

Chris

Rex B

I had the same problem, no place to enter the code, so I took care of it
via followup email, and they honored it.
- -
Rex Burkheimer
Fort Worth TX

Chris wrote:
[...]

Chris

"Rex B" wrote in message
I had the same problem, no place to enter the code, so I took care of it
via followup email, and they honored it.
- -

They even called me to confirm. Actually my email was down a bit, and the
email they sent must of bounced, hence the call.

Good customer service for sure. Hard to come by in this outsourced world.

Recently heard :

I hope the guy who came up with the idea of outsourcing, has his job
outsourced.

Chris

Chris

"BillP" wrote in message
newseMPe.71867$DW1.27185@fed1read06...
Any reason a dimmer switch wouldn't work on this lite? I've several and
even one used for a wood router.....
Bill

If it is one of those plug in ones I see no reason. No real room to mount
such on the thing.

Not sure if there are any implications of it being a halogen, i.e. does it
need to heat up, etc...

Chris

Chris

"Chris" wrote in message

"BillP" wrote in message
newseMPe.71867$DW1.27185@fed1read06...
Any reason a dimmer switch wouldn't work on this lite? I've several and
even one used for a wood router.....
Bill

If it is one of those plug in ones I see no reason. No real room to mount
such on the thing.

Not sure if there are any implications of it being a halogen, i.e. does it
need to heat up, etc...

Chris

http://www.lightingfacts.com/Dimmer%20Switches.html

Above link says dimmers and halogens are ok.

Chris

BillP

Chris wrote:
"Chris" wrote in message

"BillP" wrote in message
newseMPe.71867$DW1.27185@fed1read06...

Any reason a dimmer switch wouldn't work on this lite? I've several and
even one used for a wood router.....
Bill

If it is one of those plug in ones I see no reason. No real room to mount
such on the thing.

Not sure if there are any implications of it being a halogen, i.e. does it
need to heat up, etc...

Chris

http://www.lightingfacts.com/Dimmer%20Switches.html

Above link says dimmers and halogens are ok.

Chris

Thank you!!
Gawd, I love this newsgroup!!
Bill
Larry Jaques

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:58:52 -0400, the opaque "Chris"
clearly wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
Are those adjustable for light output (dimmable)? If so, great
buy. If not, that'll be a very hot lamp + expensive to run.

Larry,
On / off is all it has. As much as electricity is costing these days, I do
not plan of leaving it on, and hope I do not forget to turn it off that
much.

Ah, the lack of a dimmer is probably why the price break is so high.
Thanks. They're probably good in the shop for task lights.

CAUTION: Do NOT look directly into laser with remaining eyeball!
http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Design
Chris

clearly wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
Are those adjustable for light output (dimmable)? If so, great
buy. If not, that'll be a very hot lamp + expensive to run.

Larry,
On / off is all it has. As much as electricity is costing these days, I
do
not plan of leaving it on, and hope I do not forget to turn it off that
much.

Ah, the lack of a dimmer is probably why the price break is so high.
Thanks. They're probably good in the shop for task lights.

Is it common for such a light to have a dimmer? This is my third type like
this and no dimmers, and I see none listed as such in the Enco catalog.
Even the nearly $300 ones, no dimmer.

Note that link does say that halogen lamps need to be run at full power
for one minute for every hour of less than full power.

Halogen lamps run at higher filament temperatures and the halogen
compound deposits tunsten that has evaporated back on the filament.
But this does not happen when run at less than full power.

Dan

Chris

wrote in message
oups.com...
Note that link does say that halogen lamps need to be run at full power
for one minute for every hour of less than full power.

Halogen lamps run at higher filament temperatures and the halogen
compound deposits tunsten that has evaporated back on the filament.
But this does not happen when run at less than full power.

Dan

Dan,
Are you saying that the site is wrong? Wish the site had a reasoning to it.

Chris

Larry Jaques

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 21:21:52 -0400, the opaque "Chris"
clearly wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

Ah, the lack of a dimmer is probably why the price break is so high.
Thanks. They're probably good in the shop for task lights.

Is it common for such a light to have a dimmer? This is my third type like
this and no dimmers, and I see none listed as such in the Enco catalog.
Even the nearly $300 ones, no dimmer.

Interesting. Perhaps it's the vendor who doesn't believe in them.

I haven't looked at halogens for a long while (too hot) but every
halogen-bulbed lamp I've seen in anyone's house, whether it be pole
lamp, desk lamp, torchiere, or student task lamp, has always had a
dimmer on it. Every one.

No, I take that back. I've seen dimmerless halogen under-cabinet
lamps. 10 and 20 watt jobs.

..-.
Life is short. Eat dessert first!
---