Peter Grey

Default Enco Attaboy - Delta sander experience

Hi all,

A little while back there was a thread that touched on Enco's customer
service, so I thought there might be some interest in a recent interaction I
had with Enco. The standard spiel about not being invested in Enco goes
here...

About six weeks ago I bought an inexpensive Delta belt/disc sander from
Enco. This was to replace another even less expensive sander that had done
yeoman's duty for the last umpteen years. The sander arrived and it worked
fine but was never really... right. It sounded like it wasn't balanced
properly.

After listening to it for a couple of weeks, and not expecting much in the
way of satisfaction, I called Enco and explained that while the sander
wasn't broken, it didn't "feel" right. I was trying to get a take on
whether this was normal for a cheap sander nowadays. The customer service
guy spent a good amount of time with me, and then told me he'd try to get
ahold of Delta and call me back. Five minutes later he called with the
Delta guy on the line and we spent ten minutes sussing out the situation.
The Delta guy thought that maybe the bearings were funky, but obviously
couldn't be sure over the phone. The Enco guy heard the Delta guy say that
there may be a problem, and then decided that I needed to try a new sander.
He gave me an RA for the old sander, sent a new one out and, he issued a
call tag for the old one and UPS picked it up. The new sander indeed runs
better and sounds "right" and smooth.

I thought that Enco did a nice job of taking care of what might have easily
been seen as a vague complaint about an inexpensive piece of equipment. I
expected them to say they wouldn't do anything. or reluctantly give me an
RA, but they sent out a new item to figure out if the problem was endemic to
all the Delta sanders or specific to mine. It was way more than I expected
from a supplier of inexpensive tools in this day and age.

Regards,

Peter

Lane

"Peter Grey" wrote in message
.net...
[...]

Very nice to hear. Glad you shared. This is a prime example of the kind of
information that this NG is good for.

Lane

Grant Erwin

Peter Grey wrote:

snip

I thought that Enco did a nice job of taking care of what might have easily
been seen as a vague complaint about an inexpensive piece of equipment. I
expected them to say they wouldn't do anything. or reluctantly give me an
RA, but they sent out a new item to figure out if the problem was endemic to
all the Delta sanders or specific to mine. It was way more than I expected
from a supplier of inexpensive tools in this day and age.

They also took a hand tapper back and gave me a new one without a murmur of
dissent. Since Enco got bought out by MSC they are an entirely different place.

GWE
Gerald Miller

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 20:00:33 GMT, "Peter Grey"
wrote:

[...]

Sure is nice to see that, occasionally someone appears to understand
the term "customer service"
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada