Larry Jaques

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 21:21:52 -0400, the opaque "Chris"
clearly wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

Ah, the lack of a dimmer is probably why the price break is so high.
Thanks. They're probably good in the shop for task lights.

Is it common for such a light to have a dimmer? This is my third type like
this and no dimmers, and I see none listed as such in the Enco catalog.
Even the nearly $300 ones, no dimmer.

Interesting. Perhaps it's the vendor who doesn't believe in them.

I haven't looked at halogens for a long while (too hot) but every
halogen-bulbed lamp I've seen in anyone's house, whether it be pole
lamp, desk lamp, torchiere, or student task lamp, has always had a
dimmer on it. Every one.

No, I take that back. I've seen dimmerless halogen under-cabinet
lamps. 10 and 20 watt jobs.

..-.
Life is short. Eat dessert first!
---