Old August 19th 05, 05:09 AM
Peter Wells

Default Craftsman radial arm saw table

I recently bought an old Craftsman Radial Arm ( 113.29440) saw that needs a
new table. Any advice regarding what material to use and dimensions for the
various pieces would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Peter

Old August 19th 05, 06:37 AM
woodworker88

Our shop has one from who knows where and it has a particleboard table
and a plywood fence. I don't know about yours, but mine has weird type
of wing nut that allows you to use multiple pieces (mine has 3) and
pull them tight up against a metal bracket. I can get the dimensions
for you if you want.

Old August 19th 05, 10:18 AM
Fred

"Peter Wells" wrote in message
.. .
I recently bought an old Craftsman Radial Arm ( 113.29440) saw that needs a
new table. Any advice regarding what material to use and dimensions for
the
various pieces would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Peter

Craftsmen had a recall a few years ago on one of the 10" RAS and will send
you a new table.

Old August 19th 05, 01:32 PM
Peter Wells

Re the recall, as far as I could see I send them the saw and they send me
$100 which after shipping etc isn't a good deal. Am I missing something?

Peter

Old August 19th 05, 01:48 PM
Tom

I have a Model 113.29441 that I purchase new around 1972.
The table is in three pieces made from1 1/2" particle board.
20x36, 5x36 and 2x36
They are made this way so you can move the fence back for wider cuts.
You use a 1x4 as the fence.
I have a manual in pdf format if you would like a copy.

I think the recall was on the blade guard not the table.

Old August 19th 05, 01:59 PM
Steve Peterson

I looked at the recall website, with my model and serial numbers. My saw
qualifies, they will send a new top, they gave me the order number.
http://radialarmsawrecall.com/

Steve

Old August 19th 05, 02:45 PM
Peter Wells

I called and unfortunately for my model they give $100 in exchange for the
guts of the saw. However they do cover shipping, maybe I can pickup a newer
model for the $100 on eBay.

news

Old August 19th 05, 02:58 PM
Peter Wells

That sounds very similar to mine, the front, main piece of the table looks
as though it bolts to the metal stand, there are adjustments to make it
level, and there are two clamps at the back that press the other pieces
against it.

Others use particle board up to 1 1/2" thick and I've seen particle board
with a laminate.

It sounds as though the two pieces at the back can be reversed to move the
fence to its furthest back position for the largest cuts and to a position
where it sits in front of the blade. If that's the case I can probably
figure out what dimensions work. However I'd appreciate if you could send
me the dimensions from your saw.

Thank you,

Peter
oups.com...

Old August 19th 05, 03:32 PM
alexy

"Steve Peterson" wrote:

I looked at the recall website, with my model and serial numbers. My saw
qualifies, they will send a new top, they gave me the order number.
http://radialarmsawrecall.com/

Steve

Craftsmen had a recall a few years ago on one of the 10" RAS and will
send
you a new table.

Huh?!?!

The only recall I am aware of is the one shown in the site referenced
above, which is for a new blade guard. I've never seen any recall for
a new table. Am I missing something? My table is pretty tattered. I
don't consider it a Sears problem, but if someone has gotten them to
give new tables to saw owners, I am not above accepting one.
Old August 19th 05, 03:58 PM
Frank Campbell

In article , Peter Wells
wrote:

I recently bought an old Craftsman Radial Arm ( 113.29440) saw that needs a
new table. Any advice regarding what material to use and dimensions for the
various pieces would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Peter

I replaced mine a while ago, it wasn't exactly a stock set up but the
information for locating the position of table should still be valid.

http://benchnotes.com/Radial%20Arm%2...arm_table.html

Whether Craftsman will replace the guard and table depends on the age
of the saw, later models qualify, otherwise you get $100 to stop using
the saw.

Feel free to contact me through the link on Bench Notes if you have any
questions.

FrankC

--
http://benchnotes.com

General International Table Saw Dimensions Bruce Woodworking 8 February 22nd 04 04:53 AM
Old Craftsman Table Saw Motor Magnusfarce Home Repair 15 January 2nd 04 07:49 PM
Jet table saw table out of tolerance Bob Davis Woodworking 3 October 21st 03 05:54 PM
Craftsman table saw tuning semi-saga. George Eversole Jr. Woodworking 14 October 21st 03 04:04 AM
Building an extension table. Rich Woodworking 2 July 18th 03 12:11 AM