Dave Hall

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 16:10:53 GMT, Unquestionably Confused
wrote:

on 8/19/2005 9:32 AM alexy said the following:

The only recall I am aware of is the one shown in the site referenced
above, which is for a new blade guard. I've never seen any recall for
a new table. Am I missing something? My table is pretty tattered. I
don't consider it a Sears problem, but if someone has gotten them to
give new tables to saw owners, I am not above accepting one.

Yeah, go back to the link posted earlier in this thread. I looked into
it a year or two ago when it surfaced again. It is model dependent.
For my saw and the last poster all they're willing to do is give you
$100 and pay shipping for you to send them the motor unit so they can
breathe easy that the saw is no longer out there waiting to kill
someone. (FWIW, I've used the saw - according to instructions and common
sense for going on 32 years with nary a close call)

Other models they will send you a new blade guard and anti-kickback
safeties and on at least one I recall that they also sent a new table.
Why? I dunno but they did. Check it out and see if yours qualifies.

They send a new table because the new guard will not fit behind the
fence on the original table. On the new table the fence is a couple of
inches further towards the front of the saw. Of course, this reduces
the maximum width of crosscut capacity.

Dave Hall