Fred

Default Wagner sprayner looks pretty good but does it work?

http://www.qvc.com/asp/frameset.asp?aol_refer=false&msn_refer=false&nest= http://www.qvc.com/scripts/detail.dll?item=V22676!tpl=DETAIL!ref=CJ8&ref=CJ8& cm_ven=SHOPPINGFEED&cm_cat=HOME%20IMPROVEMENT&cm_p la=HOME%20PROJECTS&cm_ite=V22676

I also saw this sprayer on infomercial used on kitchen cabinets and other
things where the spray head could be changed to a different colors without
cleanup in-between. The paint result looks impressive on the infomercial -
but we all know most don't work once you've taken it home. In any case, has
anyone used one and wish to comment, good or bad? I had an old Wagner and it
was a PITA - loud buzz box that sputters paint.

Richard Clements

Fred wrote:

http://www.qvc.com/asp/frameset.asp?aol_refer=false&msn_refer=false&nest= http://www.qvc.com/scripts/detail.dll?item=V22676!tpl=DETAIL!ref=CJ8&ref=CJ8& cm_ven=SHOPPINGFEED&cm_cat=HOME%20IMPROVEMENT&cm_p la=HOME%20PROJECTS&cm_ite=V22676

I also saw this sprayer on infomercial used on kitchen cabinets and other
things where the spray head could be changed to a different colors without
cleanup in-between. The paint result looks impressive on the infomercial -
but we all know most don't work once you've taken it home. In any case,
has anyone used one and wish to comment, good or bad? I had an old Wagner
and it was a PITA - loud buzz box that sputters paint.

I used 2 diffrent Wagner sprayers to paint my Father-in-Laws office, the old
model required me to thing the paint and it was fairly worthless, the newer
model fixed that and came with a spray tip for thinner material painting
with it for over a week, it was better then just the roller but that was
about it, it was messy a pain to clean, and wasn't very efficient, was not
over impressed. spend the $80-$100 and get the sparayer from HF, and save
your self the misery

Richard

--
if corn oil is made from corn, and olive oil is made from olives, where dose
baby oil come from?
David

Fred wrote:

http://www.qvc.com/asp/frameset.asp?aol_refer=false&msn_refer=false&nest= http://www.qvc.com/scripts/detail.dll?item=V22676!tpl=DETAIL!ref=CJ8&ref=CJ8& cm_ven=SHOPPINGFEED&cm_cat=HOME%20IMPROVEMENT&cm_p la=HOME%20PROJECTS&cm_ite=V22676

I also saw this sprayer on infomercial used on kitchen cabinets and other
things where the spray head could be changed to a different colors without
cleanup in-between. The paint result looks impressive on the infomercial -
but we all know most don't work once you've taken it home. In any case, has
anyone used one and wish to comment, good or bad? I had an old Wagner and it
was a PITA - loud buzz box that sputters paint.

"Wagner" is a synonym for "POS". I've got one in the attic I'll sell
you cheap! No refund though, when you discover it is TOTALLY USELESS.

dAVE
Scott

I agree! Infomercials are all junk. I won't get screwed again ordering
something from them.
If you want a good sprayer find out what the pro's use and get that. I
guarantee you they don't use Wagner.

"David" wrote in message
Fred wrote:

[...]

Fred

"David" wrote in message
Fred wrote:

http://www.qvc.com/asp/frameset.asp?aol_refer=false&msn_refer=false&nest= http://www.qvc.com/scripts/detail.dll?item=V22676!tpl=DETAIL!ref=CJ8&ref=CJ8& cm_ven=SHOPPINGFEED&cm_cat=HOME%20IMPROVEMENT&cm_p la=HOME%20PROJECTS&cm_ite=V22676

I also saw this sprayer on infomercial used on kitchen cabinets and other
things where the spray head could be changed to a different colors
without cleanup in-between. The paint result looks impressive on the
infomercial - but we all know most don't work once you've taken it home.
In any case, has anyone used one and wish to comment, good or bad? I had
an old Wagner and it was a PITA - loud buzz box that sputters paint.

"Wagner" is a synonym for "POS". I've got one in the attic I'll sell you
cheap! No refund though, when you discover it is TOTALLY USELESS.

dAVE

So what have you replaced it for fine woodworking? I was looking at a good
HVLP unit but need to wait a little longer to come up with the $$.

Vic Baron

So what have you replaced it for fine woodworking? I was looking at a good
HVLP unit but need to wait a little longer to come up with the $$.

As an addition to my compressor and HVLP gun, I decided to try a Harbor
Freight HVLP system. It was under $100 ( about $80 IIRC ). I have been
pleasantly surprised. It has handled latex paint and oil paint with no
problem. The air flow is fixed and you adjust the amount of paint only so
it is not as adjustable as more expensive units but I guarrantee it's a
whole lot better than the Wagner. If I wanted to put a final finish coat on
a good piece of furniture, I'd probably use my regular gun/compressor
combination as I can make finer adjustments but for regular sprayjobs - it's
well worth it.

Just MHO,

Vic

Fred

"Vic Baron" wrote in message

[...]

Thanks, is this the one?

I have both airless and air. The airless is a pro setup for big jobs and for
the air I just don't want to lug my 240V compressor around than rewire for
it. I also have a little pancake compressor but don't have the CFM for the
HVLP gun. So the Harbor Freight looks pretty good if it works for finishing
work.

Vic Baron

Thanks, is this the one?

I have both airless and air. The airless is a pro setup for big jobs and

for
the air I just don't want to lug my 240V compressor around than rewire for
it. I also have a little pancake compressor but don't have the CFM for the
HVLP gun. So the Harbor Freight looks pretty good if it works for

finishing
work.

No - this is the one I have - they had it on sale a while back for 79.99

David

Fred wrote:

"David" wrote in message

Fred wrote:

[...]

I have a Accuspray HVLP. It's expensive as hell and worth every penny.
Well, worth every dollar. LOTS of dollars... It allows me to
confidently finish any project that begs for a sprayed finish. I have
numerous tips, caps and nozzles for it now, so it's super versatile. I
can spray dyes, lacquers, polys, shellac, even latex. The spray pattern
is adjustable and very uniform. Atomization is fantastic. I don't find
cleaning the unit to ever be any big deal, either.

Dave
Leon

"Fred" wrote in message
I also saw this sprayer on infomercial used on kitchen cabinets and other
things where the spray head could be changed to a different colors without
cleanup in-between. The paint result looks impressive on the infomercial -
but we all know most don't work once you've taken it home. In any case,
has anyone used one and wish to comment, good or bad? I had an old Wagner
and it was a PITA - loud buzz box that sputters paint.

If the product name is Wagner, you will always be able to buy better.

SonomaProducts.com

What's the setup for Latex?

I recently tried using an airless for some outdoor furniture. What a
nightmare. I was laying the stuff down about an 1/8" thick, couldn't
get it into any tight locations and sucking up the gallons like
nobody's business. Then came the fricken 8 step process of cleaning the
airless system, during which I somehow lost the (expensive) spray tip.

Only to find out later that the pieces I had lating ona tarp now
neede to be liberated using a box cutter because the overspray had them
firmly attached to the tarp. The only thing missing from this scenario
was me stepping in a full bucket of paint... which almost happened too!

The saving grace was, I took a few sets of these Adirondack chairs and
setup on the side of the road just outside the downtown area and sold
two full sets (2 chairs, 2 footstools and a table) for $199 each set in
about two hours. Not bad for $50 worth of materials per and 2 hours
labor per set.

David

SonomaProducts.com wrote:
[...]

It's pretty straight forward. The rep suggests thinning by 20%. I thin
about 15% or a bit less. Use a tip in the .062 range. I've used latex
to spray some exterior trim. Only problem for large projects is holding
the 1 qt cup full of paint. I don't own a pressure pot.

Dave
James \Cubby\ Culbertson

Haven't a clue about Wagner but I wouldn't buy one based on the sheer number
of complaints I've heard the past few years. I don't have an HVLP (my
Critter is about as close as I've gotten) but have been looking at the SATA
MiniJet's. They don't demand too much from your compressor and SATA is
very well regarded in the finishing world. Might be worth a consider.
Cheers,
cc

JGS

Two chairs, two stools and a table, cut , assembled and painted in 2 hours.
Amazing. It takes me that long to turn the lights on, select the lumber and
find the templates. JG

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote:

[...]

Fred

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

I've been using my airless, professional, production quality, for years to
paint houses but never thought to use it on furniture. That was until I saw
my neighbor, a contractor, painted his kitchen cabinets and doors with a
cheap airless and the results were impressive - smooth like from the
factory. The trick is using a smaller tip and adjusting the pressure - you
need to get it just right. Never had problems getting into tight locations
where a roller or brush couldn't touch. The problem for an airless is it
gets into everywhere. Looks like your tip is too big, pressure too high,
moving too slow or combinations thereof. I agree with you that its a pain to
clean up the airless but for big projects like a whole house its ok since
you saving many hours of work compared with a roller.

HMFIC- 1369

I knew it was not the right tool, but I bought it because it was cheap and I
had a **** job to do. Spraying a latex on a heavily textured ceiling. You
got 3 seconds of spray before clog no matter how dillutted or how much Latex
lubricant was added. I would only use it to paint stain on fences. For just
a few bucks more get a compressor and gravity feed s[rayer and do it right!

"Fred" wrote in message

http://www.qvc.com/asp/frameset.asp?...lse&nest= htt
p://www.qvc.com/scripts/detail.dll?item=V22676!tpl=DETAIL!ref=CJ8&ref=CJ8& cm
_ven=SHOPPINGFEED&cm_cat=HOME%20IMPROVEMENT&cm_pla =HOME%20PROJECTS&cm_ite=V2
2676

I also saw this sprayer on infomercial used on kitchen cabinets and other
things where the spray head could be changed to a different colors without
cleanup in-between. The paint result looks impressive on the infomercial -
but we all know most don't work once you've taken it home. In any case,

has
anyone used one and wish to comment, good or bad? I had an old Wagner and

it
was a PITA - loud buzz box that sputters paint.

ggg

duh

Designing Stuff WillR Woodworking 31 April 21st 05 01:44 PM
Compressor Motor: HP v.s. Amps? Chuck Metalworking 81 October 15th 03 04:03 AM
Another toolkit question Andrew McKay UK diy 32 July 15th 03 12:15 AM