Fred

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in message
oups.com...
What's the setup for Latex?

I recently tried using an airless for some outdoor furniture. What a
nightmare. I was laying the stuff down about an 1/8" thick, couldn't
get it into any tight locations and sucking up the gallons like
nobody's business. Then came the fricken 8 step process of cleaning the
airless system, during which I somehow lost the (expensive) spray tip.

Only to find out later that the pieces I had lating ona tarp now
neede to be liberated using a box cutter because the overspray had them
firmly attached to the tarp. The only thing missing from this scenario
was me stepping in a full bucket of paint... which almost happened too!

The saving grace was, I took a few sets of these Adirondack chairs and
setup on the side of the road just outside the downtown area and sold
two full sets (2 chairs, 2 footstools and a table) for $199 each set in
about two hours. Not bad for $50 worth of materials per and 2 hours
labor per set.

I've been using my airless, professional, production quality, for years to
paint houses but never thought to use it on furniture. That was until I saw
my neighbor, a contractor, painted his kitchen cabinets and doors with a
cheap airless and the results were impressive - smooth like from the
factory. The trick is using a smaller tip and adjusting the pressure - you
need to get it just right. Never had problems getting into tight locations
where a roller or brush couldn't touch. The problem for an airless is it
gets into everywhere. Looks like your tip is too big, pressure too high,
moving too slow or combinations thereof. I agree with you that its a pain to
clean up the airless but for big projects like a whole house its ok since
you saving many hours of work compared with a roller.