David

Fred wrote:

"David" wrote in message

Fred wrote:

http://www.qvc.com/asp/frameset.asp?aol_refer=false&msn_refer=false&nest= http://www.qvc.com/scripts/detail.dll?item=V22676!tpl=DETAIL!ref=CJ8&ref=CJ8& cm_ven=SHOPPINGFEED&cm_cat=HOME%20IMPROVEMENT&cm_p la=HOME%20PROJECTS&cm_ite=V22676

I also saw this sprayer on infomercial used on kitchen cabinets and other
things where the spray head could be changed to a different colors
without cleanup in-between. The paint result looks impressive on the
infomercial - but we all know most don't work once you've taken it home.
In any case, has anyone used one and wish to comment, good or bad? I had
an old Wagner and it was a PITA - loud buzz box that sputters paint.

"Wagner" is a synonym for "POS". I've got one in the attic I'll sell you
cheap! No refund though, when you discover it is TOTALLY USELESS.

dAVE

So what have you replaced it for fine woodworking? I was looking at a good
HVLP unit but need to wait a little longer to come up with the $$.

I have a Accuspray HVLP. It's expensive as hell and worth every penny.
Well, worth every dollar. LOTS of dollars... It allows me to
confidently finish any project that begs for a sprayed finish. I have
numerous tips, caps and nozzles for it now, so it's super versatile. I
can spray dyes, lacquers, polys, shellac, even latex. The spray pattern
is adjustable and very uniform. Atomization is fantastic. I don't find
cleaning the unit to ever be any big deal, either.

Dave